Remove this ad

#1141 [url]

Jul 29 12 2:51 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 26, 2012 10:34 pm)
QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 26, 2012 09:57 pm)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 27, 2012 05:22 am)
What the both of have said are possibilities but I definitely agree with Moviebuff. Josh/Marethyu would not let them die.

unless they wanted to die

Very true, they have lived a long life and may be ready to die. Who knows

i really think marethy save their lifes because Nicholas make clear in the start of the book, he does not want die,probably Perenelle feels the same way,so marethyu must must gave them a ney elixir of immortality or made them immortal himself,it seems more likely

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1142 [url]

Jul 30 12 10:18 PM

Exactly my point and he may have made them immortal like Elders make their servants immortal.

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1143 [url]

Jul 30 12 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 30, 2012 10:18 pm)
Exactly my point and he may have made them immortal like Elders make their servants immortal.

Maybe/ Anythings possible, I mean Marehtyu certainly has the power to save their life. I am mearly stating that there is a possibility that they died.

Quote    Reply   

#1144 [url]

Jul 31 12 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 25, 2012 09:13 pm)
You know, I thought that the ending of the book just wasn't right. The letter doesn't explain much. I wonder what happened to the Flamels. Oh and if I can remember, if Dare is still alive at the end, what happens to her? So many threads left open..... flamelssecret/crying.gif

As for Dare, i believe it says that in the days after Danu Talis fell she and Aten gatjered the survivors and began the Humani on the quest of civilization.

Personally i think she slipped into some distant shadow realm of pure freedom, cause its what she longed for the most. flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Colour of Aura~ Purple threaded with Gray and Emerald
Scent~ Burning Pine Needles

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1145 [url]

Jul 31 12 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Alchemyst_Song225 @ July 31, 2012 12:28 am)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 25, 2012 09:13 pm)
You know, I thought that the ending of the book just wasn't right. The letter doesn't explain much. I wonder what happened to the Flamels. Oh and if I can remember, if Dare is still alive at the end, what happens to her? So many threads left open..... flamelssecret/crying.gif

As for Dare, i believe it says that in the days after Danu Talis fell she and Aten gatjered the survivors and began the Humani on the quest of civilization.

Personally i think she slipped into some distant shadow realm of pure freedom, cause its what she longed for the most. flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Perhaps, or Aten helped her create one.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1147 [url]

Jul 31 12 3:41 AM

QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 31, 2012 02:30 am)
I think she and Aten became rulers for a while,and then he slipped to a shadowrealm,or maybe she could live with aten until she died?

But isnt she immortal? I guess eventually she might die, but she would probably live for a while.

Quote    Reply   

#1148 [url]

Jul 31 12 4:02 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 31, 2012 03:41 am)
QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 31, 2012 02:30 am)
I think she and Aten became rulers for a while,and then he slipped to a shadowrealm,or maybe she could live with aten until she died?

But isnt she immortal? I guess eventually she might die, but she would probably live for a while.

a-ham,but i think she eventually die is some point.

Quote    Reply   

#1149 [url]

Jul 31 12 7:26 AM

Depends on the Elder who gave her immortality. Doesn't mention if she turns up in history either. I mean, Aten was an Egyptian god if you know your Egyptology. So was Bastet. Quetzacoatl and Coatlicue are Aztec gods. So Mr. Scott got his ideas from today's mythology.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1150 [url]

Jul 31 12 4:31 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 31, 2012 07:26 am)
Depends on the Elder who gave her immortality. Doesn't mention if she turns up in history either. I mean, Aten was an Egyptian god if you know your Egyptology. So was Bastet. Quetzacoatl and Coatlicue are Aztec gods. So Mr. Scott got his ideas from today's mythology.

True. It does say that Sophie and Virginia, and Joan and Scathatch as well, are known by many names and worshipped as goddesses.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1153 [url]

Aug 4 12 1:54 AM

Anyway, my point is that seeing as all these Elders are all from today's mythology, I wonder if Ms Dare is in it as well.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1154 [url]

Aug 4 12 4:40 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ August 04, 2012 01:54 am)
Anyway, my point is that seeing as all these Elders are all from today's mythology, I wonder if Ms Dare is in it as well.

what do you mean by today's mythology? Aren't they all based on ancient deities?

Quote    Reply   

#1155 [url]

Aug 4 12 6:49 PM

I think that they might be speaking of the more current characters. However those people like Dare and Billy the kid are immortals not Elders.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1156 [url]

Aug 4 12 9:18 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ August 04, 2012 06:49 pm)
I think that they might be speaking of the more current characters. However those people like Dare and Billy the kid are immortals not Elders.

Oh, ok, that makes sense. And yes, you are correct, they are immortals.
He may mean history instead of mythology, and if that is so, then Virginia Dare was a child, maybe the first, in the Roakoke colony, born in North America. The founder left, and when he returned a few months later, the colony was gone, everyone, including the baby Virginia Dare, and the only sign was the word Croatan carved into a tree or something like that.

Quote    Reply   

#1157 [url]

Aug 5 12 5:32 AM

Hippogriff: Thanks for Dare's history and you are right I am also talking about the ancient Elders and so that are in today's mythology.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1158 [url]

Aug 5 12 5:57 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ August 05, 2012 05:32 am)
Hippogriff: Thanks for Dare's history and you are right I am also talking about the ancient Elders and so that are in today's mythology.

You are welcome.
So, I have been scouring mythologies to find goddesses that may be some of the names that Sophie, Virginia, Scathatch, and Joan come to be known by, and I have a few possibilities. any Ideas?
Also, do the other male Immortals become known as gods too? Like Shakespeare, St. Germain, and Palamedes?

Quote    Reply   

#1159 [url]

Aug 6 12 7:49 AM

The Count is real (Frances), Shakespeare(obviously) and Palamedes shows in Greek Mythology. Scathach is in Irish mythology, Joan and Dare are known. Sophie doesn't show up and I think Josh, Niten, Sophie and Zephaniah are the only fictional characters I know so far.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1160 [url]

Aug 6 12 1:42 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ August 06, 2012 02:49 am)
The Count is real (Frances), Shakespeare(obviously) and Palamedes shows in Greek Mythology. Scathach is in Irish mythology, Joan and Dare are known. Sophie doesn't show up and I think Josh, Niten, Sophie and Zephaniah are the only fictional characters I know so far.

actually the palamedes in the series is from arthurian legend not greek myth, although there is a palamedes in greek myth that exists. Prometheus is a titan from greek myth however.

Niten is a famous swordsman from history who also goes by the name Miyamoto Musashi.

And Zephaniah was a prophet and i believe a necromancer.

Sophie and Josh really are the only made up characters.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help