Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 4 08 2:51 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ December 04, 2008 07:41 am)
QUOTE (Machiavelli-1337 @ December 04, 2008 06:53 am)
Josh almost turned bad in the Magician, and he's likely to turn bad anyways.

The prophecy went like "One to save the Earth, and one to destroy it"
So far, Sophie doesn't look like she's influenced under Dee and the Dark Elders.

This is true but we also have to keep in mind that the one to destroy one to unite is how flamel interprets the prophecy, although its likely he is right it is not 100% certain.

Yep, I agree. You know, I've thought of that prophecy and wonder if we've seen "the two that are one, the one that is all" and wonder if the "twins" of old were all either 'male' twins or 'female' twins, not brother/sister twins. Back to the old yin/yang principle -- opposites, bound together, transforming and balancing one another -- unity.

We got to see a bit of "the two that are one" when Josh leant Sophie his strength as they fought alongside Joan and Francis. It's early on in the series and so I don't interpret the prophecy as one to save/one to destroy. What we have so far is that the twins of old both fought against one another and that fight brought about the destruction of Danu Talis. Neither alone could save it, neither alone could destroy it...but united "the two are one" and have the power to work together and save the world.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 4 08 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Nalic @ December 04, 2008 01:05 am)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 01, 2008 04:47 am)
QUOTE (Nalic @ November 27, 2008 08:16 am)
I was saying Josh could be the Warlock but didnt go much more into detail as this is the enchantress forum.

Sorry forgot to add that why couldn't Necromancer be Machiavelli?

So what are your ideas as to why Sophie would be the Enchantress Nalic?

The answer to your Necromancer question about Machiavelli is...there is no specific reason why he couldn't be the Necromancer, Michael did hint that the Necromancer would be someone we knew by the end of the Sorceress, but it is open to interpretation to whether Michael means that it will be a new character he's introducing to us in that book, or a character that we've already met by the end of the three books.

Sorry I've been busy the last couple of days. I think that Sophie could be the enchantress for a multitude of reasons. The frist being that i think the last two books will be about Josh and Sophie. Other main reasons are that in most cases when i have read about or come across enchantresses they are female spellcasters who manipulate people. I think that we have seen Sophie use a little bit of manipulation when she convinces Josh to stick with Nick. Also from the little we gained from the Witch of Endor's memories it seems she may have manipulated beings around her including mars. Also an Enchantress (again based on conclusions i've made from other observations) normally are able to imbue magical traits and manipuate common items. Maybe in this case it could be considered the Aura as we know she has been working with Joan to manipulate her aura into armor. A third and as of now final reason ( i have basically no support for this one) is that i have a feeling that sophie will open the series(shes first character in The Alchemist if you forgot) and Close the series.
Those are the three main reasons i think she will be the enchantress.

Hey i have a little more proof.

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
We're going to be trained as magicians? Sophie asked. ...  As magicians and sorcerers, as necromancers, warlocks and even enchanters. Flamel smiled. He glanced over his shoulder, then turned back to the twins. Now go inside.

that hopefully adds to my cause.

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#47 [url]

Dec 29 08 2:35 AM

QUOTE (Nalic @ December 05, 2008 12:09 am)

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
We're going to be trained as magicians? Sophie asked. ...  As magicians and sorcerers, as necromancers, warlocks and even enchanters. Flamel smiled. He glanced over his shoulder, then turned back to the twins. Now go inside.

That comment got me thinking Nalic...if they are going to be trained in all the elemental magics, and you also include the magic of time, that would tally to 5 books..so I wonder if an enchanter, or enchantress could be someone who has mastered all of the magics?

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#48 [url]

Dec 29 08 1:16 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 28, 2008 09:35 pm)
I wonder if an enchanter, or enchantress could be someone who has mastered all of the magics?

Nice! I would like to think you are right.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jan 7 09 5:20 AM

i was wondering if Morgan Le Fay is the enchantress because i vagely remember her trying to suduce Arthur with magic?

user posted image
Aura colour:Deep navy blue..........Aura scent: Burning Grapes
Aqua, Ignis, Terra, Aero, Tempus temporis
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
La verdadera muerte vendrá a ti

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jan 11 09 6:10 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 29, 2008 02:35 am)
QUOTE (Nalic @ December 05, 2008 12:09 am)

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)

That comment got me thinking Nalic...if they are going to be trained in all the elemental magics, and you also include the magic of time, that would tally to 5 books..so I wonder if an enchanter, or enchantress could be someone who has mastered all of the magics?

That's interesting, I finished reading a book where enchanters have powers over people, powers of confusion and seduction. It almost seems that in many cases, Time might have an almost similar effect. But we learned that you can't (or aren't supposed to be able) to use more than one elemental magic at a time, could the Enchanter be one who can, like Sophie, we know that some elders can, maybe the Enchanter is an elder. But also, what if Sophie and Josh are desendants of an elder mixed with humani, until it becomes 2 humani parents, so they might share the elder's powers of using more than one elemental magic at a time.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#51 [url]

Jan 23 09 8:14 AM

Whilst having a general random thought session about the series as a whole the idea struck me..many of the powerful Elders or 2nd generation seem to have powerful parents as well..so what about Josh and Sophie's parents, do you think they could be powerful as well, just maybe never awakened?

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jan 25 09 7:09 AM

I'm not sure that they'd have a solid aura, which is rare, and the strength and solidness of the aura is what determines if someone can tolerate being 'Awakened'...I think. It doesn't mean they can't become immortal and possibly learn how to use specific magics, but Awakening is an entirely different process.
----I definitely feel they have some significance to play, if only because they're descendants of important people of past times and they've united those important genetic lineages and created the 'two that are one'. Richard "brave power" and Sara "lady" or "princess" -- who've parented Josh {Yehoshu'a} "Yahweh is salvation"; and Sophie "wisdom" which comes from the Greek 'hagia sophia' or 'holy wisdom'.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 25 09 4:44 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ January 23, 2009 08:14 am)
Whilst having a general random thought session about the series as a whole the idea struck me..many of the powerful Elders or 2nd generation seem to have powerful parents as well..so what about Josh and Sophie's parents, do you think they could be powerful as well, just maybe never awakened?

That somewhat what I was going for, but I meant like great-great-great.... -grandparents. Like they have a very powerfull bloodline, but for many many generations, they weren't awakened.
It does make sense, because their parents are archeologists, which mean they know about the history of the earth, which plays a big role in the series.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#54 [url]

Feb 5 09 2:14 AM

QUOTE (Ectw101 @ January 25, 2009 05:44 pm)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ January 23, 2009 08:14 am)

That somewhat what I was going for, but I meant like great-great-great.... -grandparents. Like they have a very powerfull bloodline, but for many many generations, they weren't awakened.
It does make sense, because their parents are archeologists, which mean they know about the history of the earth, which plays a big role in the series.

That's an interesting thought there too Ectw..if Josh and Sophie got their power from either one or both of their parents, then it would make sense that the parent(s) too would get their power from their ancestors too, could their bloodline reach back to direct ancestors of Abraham, his wife and their children?
Maybe that is the reason Josh and Sophie have been raised around archaeology and palentology..perhaps the parents are preparing them, or maybe the parents are looking for something to help protect the twins? Could the parents be more aware of the twin's destiny than we realise?
There was more than one copy of the Codex down through history..maybe the parents on their travels have seen a copy?

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Feb 5 09 10:04 PM

yes, but, the thought of their parents being in a blood line, only one could be because they were not brothers or sisters.......or as i know

Ní bhíonn saoi gan locht.
There's no wise man without fault

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#56 [url]

Feb 5 09 10:38 PM

on the note of bloodlines and family relations... does anyone know what color eyes sophie and josh have? I mean since eye color seems to be important and all.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Feb 5 09 11:09 PM

The twins have blue eyes...don't they? ETA: Yep, they do. The Magician

• Ch. 3, pg. 23: Josh watched as his sister's eyes flickered, the blue replaced with silver...
  • Ch. 50, pg. 424: Josh's bright blue eyes turned into solid gold discs.
So far that gives us Josh, Sophie, the Torc Allta, Saint-Germain, and Mars Ultor as characters with BLUE eyes.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#58 [url]

Feb 15 09 1:29 AM

QUOTE (Sam4B00ks @ February 05, 2009 11:04 pm)
yes, but, the thought of their parents being in a blood line, only one could be because they were not brothers or sisters.......or as i know

That prompts another thought..twins tend to run down family lines..I wonder if either of the parents has a twin?

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Feb 21 09 3:28 AM

What about Circe? Huuuhhhhhhhhhh???????? Think about it. Or Sophie. Whatever.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#60 [url]

Feb 24 09 10:13 PM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ February 21, 2009 04:28 am)
What about Circe? Huuuhhhhhhhhhh???????? Think about it. Or Sophie. Whatever.

Would you like to make your question a little clearer? What inparticular would you like us to consider about Circe?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help