Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 29 08 12:59 AM

Tags : :

I thought you may like a thread where you could read the reviews for the books, I always find it interesting to know what other people think of books that I like, and often someone else's point of view can illuminate a thought about the book that I hadn't considered, so here's the place for that, if you find a review of any of the books that isn't posted here please add it for everyone!
To start the thread off here's a link Michael sent me from a monthly book review radio show, you'll find the section talking about The Alchemyst starts at around 5:18, enjoy! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

http://www.worldradio.ch/wrs/bm~doc/speed-read-211109.mp3
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Dec 1 08 4:50 AM

QUOTE (Nalic @ December 01, 2008 03:08 am)
Cool idea for a thread. and thanks for the link.

Thank you, you're welcome! flamelssecret/clap3.gif I have a few more that i'll post up this week for you!

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Dec 27 08 3:08 PM

I thought you may like to see this, it's the press release for The Magician from Random House, the public rarely get to see them! Michael.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DELACORTE PRESS PUBLISHES THE SECOND BOOK IN THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING SERIES, THE SECRETS OF THE IMMORTAL NICHOLAS FLAMEL
THE MAGICIAN:
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
by Michael Scott
New York, NY (June 24, 2008)—Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers is pleased to announce the release of THE MAGICIAN: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (On sale June 24, 2008 / $16.99), the second book in the six‐part series by Michael Scott. Following the success of THE ALCHEMYST, which remained on the New York Times bestseller list for 16 weeks, THE MAGICIAN will be released with a 150,000‐copy first printing. Foreign rights for the series have been licensed in 33 languages, and New Line Productions has optioned the feature film rights to the entire series. The third book in the series, THE SORCERESS, will be released in May 2009. In September, Michael Scott will embark on a 9‐city national author tour in promotion of the book’s release.
THE MAGICIAN transports readers to Paris and California and back to the worlds of fraternal twins Sophie and Josh Newman, as they are hunted by Nicollo Machiavelli in his quest for the book of Abraham the Mage—the book that could mean the destruction of the world as we know it. The evil Dr. John Dee and the Dark Elders are working tirelessly to secure the highly coveted book, as it holds the secret to eternal life. Dee is a mere two pages away from this most sacred knowledge that would lift the Dark Elders into ultimate power, but he has two obstacles: twins Josh and Sophie Newman, who are on the other side of the globe.
Josh and Sophie find themselves with the immortal Nicholas Flamel and Scatty in Paris, Nicholas’s home, after fleeing Ojai. But Flamel and his crew feel anything but at home, with Niccollo Machiavelli—immortal author and celebrated art collector who is working for Dee—hot on their trail. Perenelle is still locked up in Alcatraz, thousands of miles from her husband Flamel, and time is quickly running out for them both as every day spent without the book ages them one year. With the clock ticking against them, Flamel realizes what he must do to save themselves—and the world: teach Sophie the second elemental magic. Fire magic. With pressure mounting and time running out, Josh and Sophie must come to terms with the fact that they are the world’s only hope.
Seamlessly weaving iconic historical characters—Nicholas Flamel and Joan of Arc, to name a few—with fiction, Michael Scott has created another unique adventure that children are sure to relish.

Michael Scott, an authority on mythology and folklore, is one of Ireland’s most highly regarded and prolific authors, writing for both adults and young adults, with one hundred titles to his credit. The Irish Times hailed Scott as “the King of Fantasy in these isles.” THE ALCHEMYST, the first book in the series, has been named a Book Sense Children’s Pick; an Amazon Best Book of 2007; and has been selected for the Texas Lonestar Reading List 2008–2009. Michael Scott lives in Dublin, Ireland.
THE MAGICIAN: THE SECRETS OF THE IMMORTAL NICHOLAS FLAMEL
by Michael Scott
A Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers hardcover / On sale June 24, 2008
978‐0‐385‐73358‐8 (0‐385‐73358‐5) / $16.99 / $19.99 Can. / 496 pages / Ages 12 & up
Also available as an audio book!
THE MAGICIAN: THE SECRETS OF THE IMMORTAL NICHOLAS FLAMEL
by Michael Scott; read by Erik Singer
A Listening Library Unabridged Compact Disc / On sale June 24, 2008
978‐0‐7393‐6491‐8 / $44.00 / $50.00 Can. / Ages 12 & up
Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers is an imprint of the Random House Children’s Books division of Random House, Inc., whose parent company is Bertelsmann AG. Visit us on the Web at www.randomhouse.com.

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Jun 21 11 5:17 PM

This thread has now been re-opened and may contain information from The Warlock

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help