Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jan 27 09 8:25 PM

i have a feeling she will fight perenelle and she will somehow escape.

Ní bhíonn saoi gan locht.
There's no wise man without fault

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jan 31 09 3:02 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ January 27, 2009 03:15 pm)
QUOTE (Ectw101 @ January 24, 2009 04:27 am)
How would it feel like to be the Morrigan rite now? Trapped in a dungeon where she can't fly? It would be horrible since she loves flying so much. I realize that she's supposed to be a bad guy, but I have to feel sorry for her in some ways.

Just how long do you think they can hold her there though? The Morrigan possesses some considerable power, and even more powerful allies...who do you think could come to her rescue? Will she need rescuing at all?

Well, it kept Aerop-Enap, and how would she contact her allies?
That's kinda what I'm going on right now...

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jan 31 09 3:24 PM

yea, if it could keep one of the most powerful elders (first generation too) in there without her "calling" her friends, then it can probably keep the Morrigan

Ní bhíonn saoi gan locht.
There's no wise man without fault

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jan 31 09 8:22 PM

QUOTE (Sam4B00ks @ January 31, 2009 09:24 am)
yea, if it could keep one of the most powerful elders (first generation too) in there without her "calling" her friends, then it can probably keep the Morrigan

Well, yes and no. It kept Areop encapsulated. It didn't prevent him from calling the "spiders" to him. I say him, but 'he' could very well be a 'she'. So by that, we can reason out that the Morrigan, though thoroughly imprisoned, should be able to call the 'birds' to her.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jan 31 09 8:33 PM

Then she could probably send the birds away from her, possibly to Dee. Then he would be delayed in his capture of the twins, assuming that he does go to free The Morrigan.

Alec jabbed a finger toward him. "Mostly extinct," he said, his voice trembling with rage, "is NOT EXTINCT ENOUGH." - Alec in City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Aura colour: Sapphire blue
Scent: Moonflower

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jan 31 09 9:42 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 05, 2008 12:34 am)

Do you think the creatures that are imprisoned there on the island will rally behind The Morrigan...or will they turn on her, given her links to their jailer, Dr Dee?

I think neither ... it seems like temporarily they are in some state similar to a walking trance.... remember perenelle states that many of the creatures on the island are natural enemies, and that their cells are unlocked, yet they do not fight each other. There is obviously something controlling them and for good reason so i think they will remain in their "trance"until their intended purpose comes to be, and im not sure that purpose is to rally behind the morigan to take out perry, i think thats more of a personal vendetta.

I have to agree. I think that Dee has done something to trap those creatures there and I have a feeling that he's the only one who can undo it (or at least as the only one who knows how he trapped them it would be difficult for anyone else to free them, and I doubt possible for the Morrigan on short notice. He doesn't seem to entirely like/trust her and I doubt he'd share information that sensitive with her).

QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo)
I wonder if we will meet the sisters that live inside The Morrigan (Macha and Badb). 
Bastet glared at her niece. "Is it true? Are Macha and the Badb dead?"

"Yes." The Morrigan glared at Dee. "But I did not kill them. They died
willingly, and live inside me still." For a moment her eyes blazed yellow,
then red, then solid black, the colors of the three ancient goddesses.

Thoughts?

I think this could be one of two ways. First, she may be lying and the other two didn't die willingly and only "live" inside her by their power being in her. I think the other way it could work is that all three are in her. If that is the case, then we may have seen them already and not even known it. If they were similar enough we may not notice a difference. Also, even if they are in her, maybe all they can do is speak to the Morrigan's mind. Perhaps by taking them in herself, even though they still exist, she has full power over them and their powers?

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Feb 25 09 3:15 AM

The Morrigan is my hero, apart from Tina Fey.
Anyway, if Perenelle traps the Morrigan with the Sphinx, won't her power be drained?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Feb 25 09 1:18 PM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ February 24, 2009 09:15 pm)
The Morrigan is my hero, apart from Tina Fey.
Anyway, if Perenelle traps the Morrigan with the Sphinx, won't her power be drained?

I would imagine that perenelle's power would be drained in addition to the morrigans if she got close to the sphinx in order to trap the morrigan, that is unless the sphinx can control who it drains power from. Than again im not sure the sphinx would agree to hold onto the morrigan, since they appear to be on the same side with similar goals.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Mar 2 09 3:58 AM

Hm. I know, but if The Morrigan and the Sphinx are trapped...Dee won't be happy when he unleashes his monster army...

OKAY: In The Alchemyst, didn't Nick say something about the Rusalka being, like, bad, and then in The Magician Perry is all like, Where are the gentler ones...Rusalka...oh, my brain hurts!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 22 09 12:16 PM

Yeah, she does, and the Sphinx resides on Alcatraz as well.  Her powers are interesting, too.  Much like Leech in the X-men, who appeared as a human character in X-Men The Last Stand.  He's the one from which the mutant 'cure' is derived.  While in close proximity to other mutants, he absorbs their powers.  While the Sphinx can stop Perenelle from using her magic {ran off her aura}, it can't stop Perenelle from using that spear with the glyph of power, nor should the Sphinx's powers affect either the Morrigan or Areop-Enap.
----So if someone were to notice that the Morrigan is missing, and why would they not?, they'd naturally go looking for her in the last place she was known to be and most likely find her in her cell.  But that's pre-supposing that Perry and Areop will be successful in tossing the Morrigan in that cell to begin with.  See, the flaw to that plan is the reproduction of all of that glyphs and words of power, which were smudged/covered/or otherwise wiped away and then the appropriate replacement of all glyphs.  I can't wait to see what happens between these four on Alcatraz.  I'm not too upset with the Morrigan being stymied, though.  She doesn't come across as a sympathetic character to me.  If she's truly good at all of those 'online' tactical games {something that Josh apparently has in common with her}, then she'll have a feather in her cap, just in case.

I tend to disagree a lil here. Aerop-Enap who was capable to catch Morrigan, shows to be stronger as her. He is capable to re-erect the same words of power that kept him from breaking out, to keep The Morrigan in that cell. If that is happening, he only needs to instruct Perry, as the glyph/word of power does not hurt as long as it is not directly pointed towards his vision.
It also kept de Ayala away from entering, so the "evil" creatures will if this happens not be able to help her, as the effect it has on de Ayala will also affect them. So it might free Perry as the other creatures will indeed either fight amongst there natural enemies, or fight someone else and thus also be too busy focussing on the Morrigan. However it might be interesting to see whether or not Bastet comes to her help.
And then again, will Romulus who killed Remus (according to Mars Ultor) come into play ????

Eye of Ra

Fallaces sunt rerum species

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

May 8 09 3:21 AM

I too tend to wonder if anyone would ever come looking for the Morrigan - unless that person too had something to gain. Most of the Elders, and those in service to the Elders, seem to not care about anyone else unless they have a stake in the matter - none of them have done anything remotely altruistic and I don't see any of them changing anytime soon.... except maybe Machiavelli, because to me the jury is still out on whether he is in fact a bad guy or just controlled by a bad elder. I don't see Bastet looking for the Morrigan, unless Bastet needs her for himself/his own reason.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#33 [url]

May 8 09 12:46 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ May 07, 2009 11:21 pm)
I don't see Bastet looking for the Morrigan, unless Bastet needs her for himself/his own reason.

Thats what im thinking too! It seems like The Morrigan is a weapon of war. She is only called upon if needed. I cant remember if its specified anywhere if she serves an Elder but i dont think so.

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#35 [url]

May 11 09 2:17 PM

Come to think of it, isnt it only Immortal humans that server Elders?! I dont think Elders server Elders....

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

May 11 09 2:17 PM

the Morrigan is next gen... from the Alchemyst:

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
"You are not one of the First Generation of the Elder Race, Hekate reminded
her. Like the Morrigan, you are of the Next Generation."

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

May 11 09 2:35 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ May 11, 2009 09:17 am)
Come to think of it, isnt it only Immortal humans that server Elders?! I dont think Elders server Elders....

yes but in life most people have to answer to someone. It seems to me that the morrigan does "work for" or is aligned with dee's elder and possibly bastet to a degree (when they attacked the Yggdrasil) So i imagine some of the lesser next generation, especially on the dark elder side, work with or even for some of the more important dark elders. The morrigan did take Dee to meet his elder, so i imagine she works under dee's elder.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#38 [url]

Jun 2 09 12:49 AM

This thread is now open for posting..please bear in mind that The Sorceress isn't released in the UK until June 25th so try to keep all Sorceress and Necromancer spoiler discussion to the "I'm finished!" thread until July 1st!! Thank you! flamelssecret/bow.gif

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 7 09 6:59 AM

Ahh The Morrigan. So dark, so awsome
I think that she is not finished with. She will be sticking with us till pretty much the end.

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help