Remove this ad

Elycia

Sorcerer

#261 [url]

Sep 23 11 10:11 AM

QUOTE (ShadowGirl @ September 22, 2011 09:48 pm)
I just found a site, were is said that The Morrigan tried to seduce Cuchulain(spelled) flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif , but he said no, and she killed him, wich would explain the crow that apears in the flashback of his death.

but since she is the goddess of war she could have been there anyways flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Aura:White
Scent:Rosemary
Mistress of Water, Air and Earth

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#262 [url]

Sep 23 11 1:05 PM

Yeah, but i doubt its a coincidence, i think she was offended, because he rejected her, and i think its strange that neither Scatty or Aoife could stop her, maybe she is stronge than we think? flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif

``There is a time when you are rigth, and you know you must figth´´ Michael Jackson
εν το παν - All is one

Quote    Reply   

#264 [url]

Sep 23 11 5:37 PM

Yeah, sounds like it, because i cant imagine what would defeat Scatty and Aoife working together Wonder if Morrigan will have a figth with them later in the books

``There is a time when you are rigth, and you know you must figth´´ Michael Jackson
εν το παν - All is one

Quote    Reply   

#265 [url]

Oct 17 11 6:39 AM

Yeah, I haven't read of her in the Necromancer (still hunting for my Warlock). What had happened to her (I mean Mach and Badb) after she help Perenelle escape Alcatraz?

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#266 [url]

Oct 17 11 2:48 PM

Well more and likely we'll see her in the Enchantress. I don't know how powerful she is, and I don't really think any of us do. I can't wait to see her help them though.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#267 [url]

Oct 18 11 2:00 AM

Yeah, I want to know what animals do Macha and Babd have power over to, like Morrigan, she's got powers over crows.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#268 [url]

Oct 20 11 10:56 PM

Well maybe they possess the same power or maybe they cannot control any animals. Maybe The Morrigan is more powerful than they. And maybe they're all equal in power.

user posted image
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#269 [url]

Oct 21 11 12:48 AM

Wow, that's a lot of maybe's. I think crows are the most animal linked to the sisters.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#270 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:57 AM

I do too, I think they all have control of crows. And that is a lot of maybes I didn't notice.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#271 [url]

Oct 21 11 2:40 AM

Would it be possible that she is linked with Huginn and Muninn?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#272 [url]

Oct 21 11 3:48 PM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 21, 2011 10:40 am)

Huginn and Muninn are ravens; not crows.
Furthermore, they are Odin's pets / servants. If you're looking for an Elder who is linked with Huginn and Muninn, it's Odin.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#273 [url]

Oct 21 11 7:27 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 21, 2011 03:48 pm)
QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 21, 2011 10:40 am)

Huginn and Muninn are ravens; not crows.
Furthermore, they are Odin's pets / servants. If you're looking for an Elder who is linked with Huginn and Muninn, it's Odin.

I think he's asking if The Crow Goddess can commune with them like she controls crows and ravens. I don't think she can commune nor control the Huginn and Muninn since they are not ordinary creature, they are experiments of Hekate and given to Odin. They might be older that The Morrigan. Also, The Morrigan is known to have control over ravens. Her cloak is made up of raven feathers and the first time we meet her she had two large ravens on her shoulders.

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Draped over her
shoulders, with its full hood pulled around her face and sweeping to the
ground behind her, was a cloak made entirely of ravens feathers.

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Two enormous
ravens were perched on her shoulders, and both held their razor-sharp beaks
dangerously close to her eyes.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#274 [url]

Oct 22 11 2:22 AM

Thanks for those clarifications guys.. Anyway, it occurred to me, what if the Morrigan's true form is a huge crow?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#275 [url]

Nov 19 11 2:24 PM

Hmmmm... maybe, but I think it's more like she can transform into one, because she's ``only´´ a first generation. And it seems to me, that it's harder to adopt a human shape, than an animal shape flamelssecret/idk.gif

What's the difference between a raven and a crow anyway?

εν το παν - All is one

Quote    Reply   

#276 [url]

Nov 19 11 4:16 PM

QUOTE (ShadowGirl)
Hmmmm... maybe, but I think it's more like she can transform into one, because she's ``only´´ a first generation. And it seems to me, that it's harder to adopt a human shape, than an animal shape flamelssecret/idk.gif

Do you mean "Next Generation"?
Usually, the Morrigan is described/depicted as a crow-like goddess. It is also true, however, that she can turn into a crow at will.

QUOTE (ShadowGirl)
What's the difference between a raven and a crow anyway?

They both belong in the Genus Corvus; but their species are different.
It's a little difficult to tell them apart because they are almost alike (Genus Corvus). It's like telling the difference between a h. sapiens and a h. erectus.
I'll try anyway: ravens are larger than crows. The crow's tail is fan-shaped, while the raven's tail is wedge-shaped. They also have different sounds.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#277 [url]

Nov 23 11 5:39 PM

Yeah, ment Next Generation flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif

Well, at least there are differences Thanks

.............................. erectus?............... I thought (spelled) that we all were h. sapiens??

εν το παν - All is one

Quote    Reply   

#279 [url]

Jun 13 12 4:59 PM

I found some interesting info on Wikipedia and I wanted to post it.
The Morrigan means 'phantom queen' and the plural is Morrigna. I don't know why you would want two or more of the Morrigan, she's bad enough already. She's the goddess of battle, strife and sovereignty. This is what I found funny: in the Ulster Cycle (pretty much the Irish book of legends) she takes the form of an eel, a wolf and a cow. A cow.
It also mentions the Badb and the Macha. I'll probably post more about them in another thread.
In Middle Irish the name is spelled Mórrígan which means Great Queen.
This is something interesting. One of the earliest 'stories' in which the Morrigan is depicted as an individual is the Ulster Cycle. It describes an encounter with Cuchulain, the guy Scatty and Aoife fought over. I'll post it here:

Cúchulainn encounters the Morrígan, but does not recognize her, as she drives a heifer from his territory. In response to this perceived challenge, and his ignorance of her role as a sovereignty figure, he insults her. But before he can attack her she becomes a black bird on a nearby branch. Cúchulainn now knows who she is, and tells her that had he known before, they would not have parted in enmity. She notes that whatever he had done would have brought him ill luck. To his response that she cannot harm him, she delivers a series of warnings, foretelling a coming battle in which he will be killed. She tells him, "it is at the guarding of thy death that I am; and I shall be."

It also says that the Morrigan, the Macha, and the Badb are the daughters of Ernmas.

Aura: Electric Blue
Scent: Rain
Element: Aether
The most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity, but not in that order.

Quote    Reply   

#280 [url]

Jun 15 12 11:12 AM

I like how she was happy for reuniting with her sisters and was ok with dying. I'm glad she did not die as an enemy of Perry.

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help