Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 28 08 8:05 PM

Tags : :

Members suggested a spot to discuss the crow goddess. I don't think we have seen enough of her in the first two books - and we will likely see more. So, let's hear what you have to say about her!

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Nov 28 08 8:20 PM

oooh great idea for this thread!
I think she is a very powerful edler and we havent seen everything she is capable of! I do think Perenelle can take her though!
I love her description in the book! It as inspired me to do a wallpaper! Check it out in our gallery! http://www.flamels-immortal-portal.com/gallery/wallpaper/

Do you think, if Perenelle fights her, she will survive?

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 28 08 8:20 PM

She is my favorite character that is on Dee's side. I think that she is going to end up killing a major character and might even get killed herself.

Bellus that wallpaper you made is my favorite of all the ones available on the site.

I think if she faces Perry, both will die together.

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Nov 30 08 5:11 AM

Bellus that wallpaper you made is my favorite of all the ones available on the site.

Ahhh thanks Vinter!
I have another one coming soon for another character! Look for it! Hopefully flamelssecret/pray.gif this week!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 30 08 6:11 AM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ November 28, 2008 09:11 pm)
The Morrigan is going to be a big challenge for Perry, but knowing Perry, she'll find away to defeat her!

I am not so sure anymore. In the Alchemyst when she overhears Dee on the phone requesting the Morrigan she seems to be very afraid. Even more afraid then Dee seems to be of her.

Also Bellus your welcome.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 30 08 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ November 30, 2008 05:11 am)

Ahhh thanks Vinter!
I have another one coming soon for another character! Look for it! Hopefully flamelssecret/pray.gif this week!

Yay! Another great Wallpaper!

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Dec 1 08 3:52 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ November 28, 2008 03:20 pm)

I think that Perry will come out on top. But I am thinking that it may not come to a showdown between those two where one or the other survives - at least not for a while. I think the Morrigan is too complex a character with too much potential to see her leave the story too early. But I do think that Perry will survive what ever is coming next on Alcatraz with the Morrigan. I would love to see the Morrigan handled by aerop-enap or one of the many other creatures on that island. flamelssecret/twocents.gif

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Dec 5 08 6:34 AM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ December 01, 2008 04:52 pm)
QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ November 28, 2008 03:20 pm)

I think that Perry will come out on top. But I am thinking that it may not come to a showdown between those two where one or the other survives - at least not for a while. I think the Morrigan is too complex a character with too much potential to see her leave the story too early. But I do think that Perry will survive what ever is coming next on Alcatraz with the Morrigan. I would love to see the Morrigan handled by aerop-enap or one of the many other creatures on that island. flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Do you think the creatures that are imprisoned there on the island will rally behind The Morrigan...or will they turn on her, given her links to their jailer, Dr Dee?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Dec 5 08 1:30 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 05, 2008 12:34 am)

Do you think the creatures that are imprisoned there on the island will rally behind The Morrigan...or will they turn on her, given her links to their jailer, Dr Dee?

I think neither ... it seems like temporarily they are in some state similar to a walking trance.... remember perenelle states that many of the creatures on the island are natural enemies, and that their cells are unlocked, yet they do not fight each other. There is obviously something controlling them and for good reason so i think they will remain in their "trance"until their intended purpose comes to be, and im not sure that purpose is to rally behind the morigan to take out perry, i think thats more of a personal vendetta.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 16 08 4:47 PM

I think that if Perry and The Morrigan were to fight (a fair fight, just Perry and The Morrigan; no birds or other allies) that Perry would come out on top. Though The Morrigan is a very powerful Elder, I don't think she would be able to stand against the spells that I'm waiting to see Perenelle pull out.
Neither of the two got much showtime in either of the books and at the end of "The Magician", The Morrigan went down way too fast. Considering that Perry had the Old Spider on her side, I wasn't so surprised.

Also, the creatures locked away on the island, I don't think they would side with either of the two females. I believe they would kill anyone in their way to get to Dee. Even if they have to kill each other, considering that they are enemies in the first place.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Dec 22 08 5:51 PM

I wonder if we will meet the sisters that live inside The Morrigan (Macha and Badb).

Bastet glared at her niece. "Is it true? Are Macha and the Badb dead?"

"Yes." The Morrigan glared at Dee. "But I did not kill them. They died
willingly, and live inside me still." For a moment her eyes blazed yellow,
then red, then solid black, the colors of the three ancient goddesses.

Thoughts?

user posted image
Aura color:Bright Red/Dark Green
Aura scent: Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Dec 22 08 6:00 PM

QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ December 22, 2008 11:51 am)
I wonder if we will meet the sisters that live inside The Morrigan (Macha and Badb).
Bastet glared at her niece. "Is it true? Are Macha and the Badb dead?"

"Yes." The Morrigan glared at Dee. "But I did not kill them. They died
willingly, and live inside me still." For a moment her eyes blazed yellow,
then red, then solid black, the colors of the three ancient goddesses.

Thoughts?

i think in the flesh no, but only because she made it sound like they were absorbed into her so to speak, I guess that kind of makes her a triple deity in a way. However i do think we will see aspects of them personified through the morrigan, or maybe we already have and just dont know it yet.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

Dec 25 08 9:35 AM

QUOTE (inu_yasha789 @ December 16, 2008 04:47 pm)
I think that if Perry and The Morrigan were to fight (a fair fight, just Perry and The Morrigan; no birds or other allies) that Perry would come out on top. Though The Morrigan is a very powerful Elder, I don't think she would be able to stand against the spells that I'm waiting to see Perenelle pull out.
Neither of the two got much showtime in either of the books and at the end of "The Magician", The Morrigan went down way too fast. Considering that Perry had the Old Spider on her side, I wasn't so surprised.

Also, the creatures locked away on the island, I don't think they would side with either of the two females. I believe they would kill anyone in their way to get to Dee. Even if they have to kill each other, considering that they are enemies in the first place.
Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 15 09 1:03 AM

Just re-read about how the Morrigan has an eyrie in San Bernadino and how she intended to take Perry there and 'feed' on her knowledge/life force.

This calls to mind how many times we see this type of 'feeding' - Scathach feeds off 'emotion' while blood-sucking vampires are dead and so need to feed on the blood in order to obtain 'emotions'; Nidhogg could have fed off Scathach in the same manner and is said to have wiped out the Moke, er Anasazis, and 13 Disir when it last rampaged; Phobos and Deimos feed off emotion too; it's hinted that the Genii Culculatti are not just cannibals, but also feed off emotion. This parasitic phagic 'eating' behavior is really interesting.

I wonder if by consuming the 'emotion' a person also becomes that much more powerful by consuming their victims 'knowledge'. Josh seemed to think that the more you used the sword, the more 'knowledge/power' would come of it.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Jan 15 09 3:40 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 15, 2009 01:03 am)
Just re-read about how the Morrigan has an eyrie in San Bernadino and how she intended to take Perry there and 'feed' on her knowledge/life force.

This calls to mind how many times we see this type of 'feeding' - Scathach feeds off 'emotion' while blood-sucking vampires are dead and so need to feed on the blood in order to obtain 'emotions'; Nidhogg could have fed off Scathach in the same manner and is said to have wiped out the Moke, er Anasazis, and 13 Disir when it last rampaged; Phobos and Deimos feed off emotion too; it's hinted that the Genii Culculatti are not just cannibals, but also feed off emotion. This parasitic phagic 'eating' behavior is really interesting.

I wonder if by consuming the 'emotion' a person also becomes that much more powerful by consuming their victims 'knowledge'. Josh seemed to think that the more you used the sword, the more 'knowledge/power' would come of it.

Absolutely, and in many ancient cultures you "ate" your enemies either symbolically or literally to take on their aspects, powers or traits. Much of the "eating" in this series has to do with absorbing knowledge, experiences and emotions.
Michael

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 16 09 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ January 15, 2009 03:40 pm)
QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 15, 2009 01:03 am)

This calls to mind how many times we see this type of 'feeding' - Scathach feeds off 'emotion' while blood-sucking vampires are dead and so need to feed on the blood in order to obtain 'emotions'; Nidhogg could have fed off Scathach in the same manner and is said to have wiped out the Moke, er Anasazis, and 13 Disir when it last rampaged; Phobos and Deimos feed off emotion too; it's hinted that the Genii Culculatti are not just cannibals, but also feed off emotion.  This parasitic phagic 'eating' behavior is really interesting.

I wonder if by consuming the 'emotion' a person also becomes that much more powerful by consuming their victims 'knowledge'.  Josh seemed to think that the more you used the sword, the more 'knowledge/power' would come of it.

Absolutely, and in many ancient cultures you "ate" your enemies either symbolically or literally to take on their aspects, powers or traits. Much of the "eating" in this series has to do with absorbing knowledge, experiences and emotions.
Michael

That's kind of creepy, I think in Harry Potter, the Dementors can do something like that. Although, I wonder what that would feel like, for both the person doing it, and the one it's being done on.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 16 09 5:35 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ January 15, 2009 09:40 am)
Absolutely, and in many ancient cultures you "ate" your enemies either symbolically or literally to take on their aspects, powers or traits.  Much of the "eating" in this series has to do with absorbing knowledge, experiences and emotions.   
Michael

Good to know. Makes me wonder if this is what had incapacitated Scatty when she was within the grip of Nidhogg, that through direct physical contact it somehow became a drain on her aura.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 24 09 3:27 AM

How would it feel like to be the Morrigan rite now? Trapped in a dungeon where she can't fly? It would be horrible since she loves flying so much. I realize that she's supposed to be a bad guy, but I have to feel sorry for her in some ways.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Jan 27 09 3:15 PM

QUOTE (Ectw101 @ January 24, 2009 04:27 am)
How would it feel like to be the Morrigan rite now? Trapped in a dungeon where she can't fly? It would be horrible since she loves flying so much. I realize that she's supposed to be a bad guy, but I have to feel sorry for her in some ways.

Just how long do you think they can hold her there though? The Morrigan possesses some considerable power, and even more powerful allies...who do you think could come to her rescue? Will she need rescuing at all?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 27 09 5:15 PM

Yeah, she does, and the Sphinx resides on Alcatraz as well. Her powers are interesting, too. Much like Leech in the X-men, who appeared as a human character in X-Men The Last Stand. He's the one from which the mutant 'cure' is derived. While in close proximity to other mutants, he absorbs their powers. While the Sphinx can stop Perenelle from using her magic {ran off her aura}, it can't stop Perenelle from using that spear with the glyph of power, nor should the Sphinx's powers affect either the Morrigan or Areop-Enap.
----So if someone were to notice that the Morrigan is missing, and why would they not?, they'd naturally go looking for her in the last place she was known to be and most likely find her in her cell. But that's pre-supposing that Perry and Areop will be successful in tossing the Morrigan in that cell to begin with. See, the flaw to that plan is the reproduction of all of that glyphs and words of power, which were smudged/covered/or otherwise wiped away and then the appropriate replacement of all glyphs. I can't wait to see what happens between these four on Alcatraz. I'm not too upset with the Morrigan being stymied, though. She doesn't come across as a sympathetic character to me. If she's truly good at all of those 'online' tactical games {something that Josh apparently has in common with her}, then she'll have a feather in her cap, just in case.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help