Remove this ad

#241 [url]

Aug 6 10 6:39 PM

i am a total bookworm, but i'll try to make my list short

Favorite authors: Rick Riordan, Michael Scott, John Flanagan, Cornelia Funke, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, J.K. Rowling, Heather Brewer, Erin Hunter, Suzanne Collins, P.C. Cast, Christopher Paolini, Ridley Pearson, Eoin Colfer, Angie Sage, M.I. McAllister, and a lot more

Favorite genre: hmm...i'm not sure, but fiction

Favorite book series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The 39 Clues, Sherlock Holmes

I am currently reading: the necromancer, the house of night series

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#242 [url]

Aug 7 10 3:26 AM

Who are your favourite authors?
Other than Michael Scott of course I admire J.K Rowling and John Green and Julie Anne Peters for their ado lit work. As someone who wants to write young adult novels I think that the imagination that went into the creation of books like Harry Potter and the Immortal series, the blending of history and fiction, the bluntness of books like Looking for Alaska, and the tackling of controversial subjects like in Luna places these authors on a whole other level.

What are your favourite genres?
I suppose fiction, in all its forms(sci fi, fantasy, realistic, historical etc...)

What is your all time #1 favourite book?
This question is SO not fair.
I really enjoyed The Handmaid's Tale, American Gods, The Historian and so many others, but those were the first three that popped in my head so I'm sticking with those

What else are you reading right now?
I just finished The Necromancer so I haven't officially started reading anything just yet but, I have a nice new copy of Brave New World by Aldous Huxley which is a shoo in for my next read.

Aura color: Violet
Scent: Juniper

Quote    Reply   

#243 [url]

Aug 10 10 7:22 PM

Thats relatively easy: Michael Scott, JKR (looks as though she's retired...), Rick Riordan, Eoin Colfer, JRR Tolkien, Brandon Mull (a local author), Christopher Paolini... Thats all that comes to mind
FANTASY and FICTION. PERIOD.
Oh, this is an evil question. EVIL, I tell you. I suppose, if my life depended on whether on not I chose... I wouldn't choose. Yes, thats right. I'd DIE!
Not much... I usually reread. Right now, I'm waiting for books to come out rather than reading books, though I might look into Ranger's Apprentice.

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

#244 [url]

Aug 27 10 8:02 AM

My favorite authors are:

Neil Gaiman, J.K. Rowling, Michael Scott, Eoin Colfer, Ursula LeGuin, Lemony Snicket

Favorite genre:

obviously, fantasy. i like urban fantasy as well, and children's books (i even enjoy reading dr. seuss books and where the wild things are to my son!)

Favorite book(s):

Neverwhere, Harry Potter series, of course Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, Artemis Fowl series, Gifts by Ursula LeGuin

What i'm reading right now:

the Necromancer (soon! Yeah, i know, i'm a loser), but right now it's just some random books for me. nothing quite engaging for a while

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#245 [url]

Sep 1 10 2:53 AM

I like The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, of course. I also like the Harry Potter series, the Mates, Dates, And... series, "Deep, Dark and Dangerous," "Scrub Dog of Alaska", "How I Survived Being a Girl", "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"... Yes, I like alot of kids books and young adult books lol, and I see nothing wrong with that Most of those books are favorites of mine, but I read all types

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#246 [url]

Sep 1 10 2:15 PM

Favorite Authors -
J.K. Rowling
Michael Scott
Isabel Allende
John Flanagan
J. Scott Savage
Brandon Mull
L.J. Smith
Eoin Colfer
Steven King
Thea Beckman
Dan Brown

Favorite Genres -
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Historical, Paranormal, Myths and Legends, Literary thriller.

All Time Favorite Book -
Hmm, I'm going to name more then one!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Sorceress
Kruistocht in Spijkerbroek (Dutch book)

Reading Now -
The Delta Deception

Book which had a great impact

I think Harry Potter has made the biggest impact on me and my view on magic. It was also the first real series I started reading and I have read all the books more then 4 times but still like them Though the Secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel is also very high on my list.

user posted image

Aura: White/green tinted
Scent: Grass

Quote    Reply   

#247 [url]

Sep 2 10 3:24 PM

My favorite genre is " romantic " but i also like fantasy books .

I LOVE " geisha " .

The fisrt book of the flamel serie

If you could name one book that left you speechless or made a huge mark on your life or imagination, what is it?

I think it's " Beastly " by Alex Flinn ( i read the book yesterday )

Quote    Reply   

#248 [url]

Sep 3 10 6:41 AM

Favorite Authors: J. K. Rowling, Michael Scott, Dan Brown, Lemony Snicket
Favorite Books: Harry Potter Series, Flamel Series, A Series of Unfortunate Events
Favorite Genres: Fantasy, Mystery, and the genre of Dan Brown's books
#1 Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Book that made me speechless: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Book that made a huge mark on my life: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury (the first book I ever read)

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#249 [url]

Oct 9 10 10:59 PM

My Favorite Authors:Rick Riordan,Michael Scott, Margaret Peterson Haddix, Eoin Colfer, and Joseph Delaney

Genres: Fantasy, horror, magic

Favorite Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel,The 39 Clues

Currently Reading:Sabotaged by Margaret Peterson Hadddix

Book series that left a HUGE mark in my head: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel

Quote    Reply   

#250 [url]

Nov 22 10 9:17 PM

RIGHT NOW I'm reading the...

Legend of Drizzt Series (AWESOME SERIES) By R. A. Salvatore

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series flamelssecret/dance.gif (OF COURSE- But still waiting for the WARLOCK Novel to come out.)

AND THATS IT. also I RECOMMEND BOTH SERIES flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Please do not use colored text in this thread it is reserved for birthday/holiday threads and mod use only.

Magic Scent: Root Beer Aura Color: Bronze Glaze
Learned Elements: Fire, Earth
Title: Warlock
DEMONS RULE!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#251 [url]

Dec 18 10 6:48 AM

FAVORITE AUTHORS: Michael Scott, Rick Riordan, J.K Rowling,Suzanne Collins and others i can't remember the names of

Genres:Magic...magic.....mythology twisted into human life or like PO series with mythology twisted into the world...Wizards and Witches!!!!! and others...so basically fantasy and maybe sci-fiction

Any suggestions for books would be appreciated!^

Fav books: Dont ask me this because I wouldn't answer(lol i'm my reading teacher's fav student because i told her this, i read to much to say)

#1 fav book:Same as ^^^

Speechless or huge mark:Really can't say....maybe Flamel series or Harry Potter or more likely Percy Jackson

user posted image
Aura:Red Scent:Lemon
Knowing others is intelligence Knowing your self is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength Mastering your self is true power
Element:Wind & Earth Weapon: Runes, Marks, Swords

Quote    Reply   

#252 [url]

Dec 18 10 5:36 PM

Well lets see I like Michael Scott, Heather Brewer, Angie Sage, Christopher Paolini, Cornelia Funke, and James Dashner.

Favorite Genre: Um Fantasy... duh.

Cant Choose Favorite Series.

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

#253 [url]

Jan 18 11 1:54 AM

Who are your favourite authors? J.K Rowling, C.S Lewis, Mitch Albom
What are your favourite genres? Fantasy, mystery
What is your all time #1 favourite book? The five people you meet in heaven
What else are you reading right now?"The Sorceress"
If you could name one book that left you speechless or made a huge mark on your life or imagination, what is it?The five people you meet in heaven.

Quote    Reply   

#254 [url]

Jan 18 11 4:21 PM

Lori Wick, Robin Jones Gunn, Karen Kingsbury, JK Rowling, CS Lewis, Dee Henderson, Rick Riordan, and more

Christian fiction, mystery, romance, sci-fi/fantasy, classics

This is hard. I'd have to say Donovan's Daughter by Lori Wick because I relate the most to Marcail in that book.

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson, and Only His Kiss by Sherrie Lord

If you could name one book that left you speechless or made a huge mark on your life or imagination, what is it?Les Miserables

~baseballblondie~
Aura - red Scent - vanilla

Quote    Reply   

Elycia

Sorcerer

#255 [url]

Jan 18 11 7:40 PM

Okay this is the shortest list i could make

Favorite Authors: Michael Scott, Stephanie Meyer and Helle Ryding(danish author) and some i can't remember the names of

Favorite genres: Fantasy (historical), sci-fi fantasy

Favorite Series: The secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel and morganas kilder(danish)

Currently Reading: The soceress

Book series that made a big mark in my life: Den sorte ravns forbandelse/ de fire vinde(danish books) that where not only the first non school book i read, it was also the one that turned me into a book worm flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

user posted image
Aura:White
Scent:Rosemary
Mistress of Water, Air and Earth

Quote    Reply   

#256 [url]

Feb 18 11 1:25 PM

In no particular order:
Philip Pullman, Eoin Colfer, Lemony Snicket , Linda Buckley-Archer, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and, of course, Michael Scott.

As the Above may reveal, Fantasy and Science Fiction are great for me.

This is a tie between a lot of books. Actually, most of my favourite books are series, all of which are more or less equally good.

I just finished Going Postal by Terry Pratchett, as well as another re-read of The Tar Man by Linda Buckley-Archer. Other than that, I´m halfway through The Sourceress, the author of which we all know.

If you could name one book that left you speechless or made a huge mark on your life or imagination, what is it?

The Time Quake Trilogy by Linda Buckley-Archer and His Dark Materials are the only books I remember that has ever made me cry. Lemony Snicket´s A Series Of Unfortunate Events are so breathtakingly intricate and humourous. The other authors I mentioned are no less genius than these, but they´re less specific about the nature of their genius.

As for the matter of favourite series: A Series Of Unfortunate Events, The Discworld Chronicles, The Time Quake Trilogy, His Dark Materials and The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel are all series that must be read. Harry Potter is a really good series, too, but far, far overrated.

-Multiverse

"Let´s not get ahead of ourselves. Instead, why not get ahead of each other?"

Quote    Reply   

#257 [url]

Mar 8 11 2:32 PM

The Queen J.K. Rowling flamelssecret/love0030.gif
Mr. Michaell Scott flamelssecret/love0030.gif

Fantasy

A walk to remember, though this one isn't fantasy nor real life this one reminds me a lot of my childhood.

Crescendo, but I'm reading this when I don't have anything to read. And I was planning to read Neil Gaiman books.

It would be Harry Potter, because she really created a whole new world.

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#258 [url]

Mar 8 11 3:46 PM

I wrote down my opinion a long ago, but I changed a lot, so I deleted my post, let's see it now...

Who are your favorite authors?

That doesn't changed too much. J.R.R. Tolkien, Jack London, George Orwell, Joseph Heller, Alexandre Dumas, Umberto Eco, Salman Rushdie, George R.R. Martin, Shakespeare, P.G. Wodehouse, Douglas Adams, Oscar Wilde and finally, Michael Scott.

What are your favorite genres?

I don't like specifying to genres... Fantasy's once been worth reading, but now this is all stained in my opinion. Anyway, the genres I like are: historical, paranoid, saga (and I mean it in the original meaning), dark fantasy. I've always liked dramas, myths and poems too (even if they don't count as a genre).

What is your all time #1 favorite book?

What a terrible question! I don't rank the books I've read, I don't make gradiations... I have the books I like and the ones I don't, and I have the ones I like more than others. But I'll never have a #1.

I'm reading A Feast for Crows, fourth of A Song of Ice and Fire, eagerly waiting for the fifth.

I couldn't name one! I read several books that really left a mark on me, but there are so many of them! Tolkien's Narn i Chîn Húrin (The Tale of the Children of Húrin), George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, Richard III and Hamlet, Orwell's 1984 and Rushdie's Midnight's Children is certainly among those.

Not asked, but if anyone cared about favorite series:

A Song of Ice and Fire, Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion (with everything else), His Dark Materials, Jeeves-novels, Diaries of Adrian Mole...

And Multiverse: I deeply agree about Harry Potter. flamelssecret/Agreed.gif

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

#259 [url]

Apr 2 11 4:04 AM

Michael Scott, Rick Riordan, Shakespeare, Alexandre Dumas, C.S. Lewis, Agatha Christie, Lucy M. Montgomery, Louisa M. Alcott, the Bronte sisters, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Mary Shelley, Frances H. Burnett, Andrea Hirata.

Classic, children/young adult, fantasy, mystery, thriller, humor. Though I hate horror novels

What is your #1 all-time favorite book?
Hmm.. can't decide. I think it would be The Necromancer and Wuthering Heights.

Actually, I'm reading a Japenese manga entitled Glass Mask

If you could name one book that made a huge difference in your life, what would it be?
I think it would be Emily of New Moon series

Quote    Reply   

Spellcaster

#260 [url]

Apr 4 11 1:26 AM

Agatha Christie, Sarah Dessen, Carolyn Keene, Sharon Creech, Scott Westerfeld, Tamora Pierce

and Derek Landy. On a scale of not funny to Daniel Pinkwater, I'd give him an 8.7.

children/young adult, fantasy, mystery, humor.

What is your #1 all-time favorite book?
Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis. Everytime I read it i am literally rolling around in laughter. That's why I'm not allowed to bring it on airplanes anymore flamelssecret/crying.gif

Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee. Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld. Yves Saint Lauring Style by Pierre Bergé

If you could name one book that made a huge difference in your life, what would it be?
Night by Elie Weisel. No explanation necessary.
also Identical by Ellen Hopkins. The most psychologically terrifying thing I've ever read. flamelssecret/faint.gif

user posted image
Aura Color: Wolf
Aura scent: Jasmine
Type of Magic: Psychic abilities
Favored Weapon: Italian Longsword

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help