Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#41 [url]

Dec 5 08 3:53 AM

It's so nice to see some of our newest members get stuck in with some really interesting and well thought out suggestions! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#42 [url]

Dec 5 08 2:02 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ December 04, 2008 10:22 am)
Sure. When delving into Geoffrey of Monmouth for a paper at school, I actually used my family geneology along with his 'work' in order to connect my family name to King Arthur. Once I'd backtracked to the old world and managed to connect the family name to the royal family it was easy. Not only had I tracked back to Arthur, but it goes further, tracking all the way back to Rome and then to Israel, ending with Adam and Eve. It was, well, fun, but totally ludicrous to me.

Anyway, depending on which lineage you take, Arthur could be tracked back to King Ceol who in turn was connected to Boudica. To me it was one of several interesting ways to interconnect the Arthurian legend.

As for Medusa, well, I always in my mind connect her with the Hindu/Buddhist Nagas and their creation mythos. The king of the nagas, Vasuki, has the naga stone or "cobra pearl", Nagamani, as the gem in his crown {a great treasure indeed}. He was used as a rope to churn the seas of life or 'ocean of milk' to give up its many treasures, including amrita, elixer of immortality.

WOW! Sounds like your school projects were way more interesting than mine!
Very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Dec 5 08 7:44 PM

I think it would be interesting to see Branwen of Wales in the stories. Firstly, as her name means 'White Raven' I think she'd be a great foil for the Morrigan, especially as she was the cause of so much discord between Ireland and Wales.

Secondly she could introduce the Cauldron of Rebirth, which would be useful to either side in the battle ahead. No idea how the cauldron could come to be assembled, maybe Branwen could have taken it to Hephaistos for repair after Efniesien destroyed it.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#44 [url]

Dec 5 08 8:04 PM

QUOTE (Melpomene @ December 05, 2008 02:44 pm)
I think it would be interesting to see Branwen of Wales in the stories. Firstly, as her name means 'White Raven' I think she'd be a great foil for the Morrigan, especially as she was the cause of so much discord between Ireland and Wales.

I like that idea. Anyone who can help foil the Morrigan gets a vote from me!

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 9 08 6:05 PM

id love to see a mayan princess, its a very old civilization adn we dont have much info on them, i think it opens alot of posibilities to play with, ill do some research it has been a long time since i was into that kind of storys, form the top of my mind ill say... Xicotencatl.

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#46 [url]

Dec 9 08 6:33 PM

QUOTE (Craven @ December 09, 2008 01:05 pm)
id love to see a mayan princess, its a very old civilization adn we dont have much info on them, i think it opens alot of posibilities to play with, ill do some research it has been a long time since i was into that kind of storys, form the top of my mind ill say... Xicotencatl.

I may be remembering wrong - since my Mayan history classes were my Sr year of college a long, long time ago - but I thought Xicotencatl was a "he"?
Ahpo-Katun of Piedras Negras or Apho-Hel of Palenque were female city state rulers in Mayan history. They might be good candidates.
Or Ixchel, the Mayan moon goddess (silver aura possibility, like Sophie and Joan), who is often associated with the Jaguar, and sometimes earth and rain (2 elements that we haven't seen yet, although Water is coming in the Sorceress but that still leaves room for Earth...). Also, there isn't much surviving in Mayan mythology related to Ixchel but one surviving myth has her married to Itzamna and she has 13 flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif sons and there is an interesting theory about 2 of her sons (a monkey god, often depicted as twins) that might be a good motivator for including Ixchel.
EDIT: because I can't spell or type these days... that darn new ergonomic keyboard is really throwing my typing skills off flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Dec 10 08 2:27 AM

Welll my sugestion is the Goddess of the Greek mythology Athena, becouse is a very intresting character of the Greek mythology and if im not wrong she was the opponent of Ares the god of the war, so we already have a god of war in the history and athena can be her opponent so the twins can go with she for help, i dont know if you understud me xD but i think the idea is clear xD
well regards

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Dec 10 08 3:26 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ December 09, 2008 06:33 pm)
QUOTE (Craven @ December 09, 2008 01:05 pm)

I may be remembering wrong - since my Mayan history classes were my Sr year of college a long, long time ago - but I thought Xicotencatl was a "he"?

Ahpo-Katun of Piedras Negras or Apho-Hel of Palenque were female city state rulers in Mayan history. They might be good candidates.

Or Ixchel, the Mayan moon goddess (silver aura possibility, like Sophie and Joan), who is often associated with the Jaguar, and sometimes earth and rain (2 elements that we haven't seen yet, although Water is coming in the Sorceress but that still leaves room for Earth...). Also, there isn't much surviving in Mayan mythology related to Ixchel but one surviving myth has her married to Itzamna and she has 13 flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif sons and there is an interesting theory about 2 of her sons (a monkey god, often depicted as twins) that might be a good motivator for including Ixchel.

EDIT: because I can't spell or type these days... that darn new ergonomic keyboard is really throwing my typing skills off flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

yea she was a female 100% sure about it, she was a warrior princes, now if u talk about the goods.... i think the best one to be mentioned its Apuch god of the dead, he is a male figure i know, but its just cool...

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#49 [url]

Dec 17 08 3:28 AM

I have another suggestion, I think Kebechet would make a good female immortal. She is the daughter of Anubis, (the is the gaurdian of the book of the dead, and is often represented as a jackal or a canine, and whose statue stood in king tut's tomb). In some cases Anubis is listed as the son of Bastet. Another interesting fact related to anubis is that

Priests wearing a mask of Anubis were responsible for the Opening of the Mouth ceremony that reawakened a dead person's senses

But back to Kebechet, she is linked to King tut and Bastet, through Anubis.
More info on Kebechet Anubis's daughter....
Kebechet (Kabechet, Kebechet, Kebehut, Kebhut), was depicted as a snake or ostrich carrying water. She was the goddess of freshness and purification through water who washed the entrails of the deceased and brought the sacred water to Anubis for his tasks. She was thought to give water to the spirits of the dead while they waited for the mummification process to be complete. She was probably related to mummification where she would fortify the body against corruption, so it would stay fresh for reanimation by the deceased's ka.

She has links to the dead, so she has possibilities for abilities with necromancy, and she is also linked to water, one of the elemental magics.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#50 [url]

Dec 18 08 4:21 AM

QUOTE (Craven @ December 09, 2008 06:05 pm)

I think some of the future books will make you happy! I would draw your attention to the symbols on the walls of the Catacombs just before we enter the chamber of the stone god. Also, have a look (or a re-read maybe) at the symbols on the spear heads that keep Aerop-Enap trapped in the cell beneath Alcatraz. Michael

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#51 [url]

Dec 21 08 6:49 AM

I would like to suggest Enyo, she is a warrior godess of war, counterpart/companion to her brother Ares, daughter of Hera and Zeus. She was said to have destroyed cities, with and without Ares by her side and was said to be supreme in battle..all the makings of a force to be reckoned with!

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#52 [url]

Dec 24 08 6:25 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ December 17, 2008 03:28 am)
I have another suggestion, I think Kebechet would make a good female immortal.  She is the daughter of Anubis, (the is the gaurdian of the book of the dead, and is often represented as a jackal or a canine, and whose statue stood in king tut's tomb).  In some cases Anubis is listed as the son of Bastet. Another interesting fact related to anubis is that
Priests wearing a mask of Anubis were responsible for the Opening of the Mouth ceremony that reawakened a dead person's senses

But back to Kebechet, she is linked to King tut and Bastet, through Anubis.

More info on Kebechet Anubis's daughter....

Kebechet (Kabechet, Kebechet, Kebehut, Kebhut), was depicted as a snake or ostrich carrying water. She was the goddess of freshness and purification through water who washed the entrails of the deceased and brought the sacred water to Anubis for his tasks. She was thought to give water to the spirits of the dead while they waited for the mummification process to be complete. She was probably related to mummification where she would fortify the body against corruption, so it would stay fresh for reanimation by the deceased's ka.

She has links to the dead, so she has possibilities for abilities with necromancy, and she is also linked to water, one of the elemental magics.
Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#53 [url]

Dec 24 08 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 24, 2008 01:25 am)
We will also learn a little more about Scathach's association with Tutankhamen and Ankhesenamen. Michael

So does that mean that Scatty lives?! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif
Not that i ever doubted her!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Dec 27 08 6:06 AM

Quick few ideas:
Maria Theresa: Has an amazing Spanish and French-influenced background thoroughly keeping with a deep European concept. Her death was sudden, onset, and rather strange altogether. She was born is 1638, making her younger than Nicolas but easily giving them enough time to have met at some point. Was the wife of Louis XIV, who, like Catherine de Medici (also referenced to as an immortal) was married to an influential and powerful man of the time; Louis being the true example of Western Absolutism
Note: All of the above idea's are based on the teachings in my 10th Grade International Bacalaureate - Advanced Placement European History Class, and credit goes to my amazing and influential teacher, Mr.Shaffer. (Just in case he someday reads this.)
Amunet: female aspect of the primordial concept of air in the Ogdoad cosmogony; was depicted as a cobra snake or a snake-headed woman.
Anuket: goddess of the Nile River, the child of Satis and among the Elephantine triad of deities; temple on the Island of Seheil, giver of life and fertility, gazelle-headed.
Isis (also spelled Aset): goddess of magical power and healing, "She of the Throne" who was represented as the throne, also later as the wife of Osiris and as the protector of the dead.
Note: I chose Anuket, Amunet, and Isis because all of the woman were revered as Egyptian goddesses, fitting with worship of the Elders.
Ive found a large number of other Egyptian goddesses that intrigued me but I'll leave them alone for now. Anyone who feels like reading some information can look up the other idea's:
Tefnut
Wadjet
Seshat
Sadis
Sekhmet
Pakhet
Nepthys

The shadows can't act on their own. they move with us, never against us, in unique and twisting patterns.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#55 [url]

Dec 27 08 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ December 24, 2008 01:56 pm)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 24, 2008 01:25 am)
We will also learn a little more about Scathach's association with Tutankhamen and Ankhesenamen. Michael

So does that mean that Scatty lives?! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif
Not that i ever doubted her!

Yes Bellus, Scatty does live, Michael has confirmed that in another of his posts! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Dec 30 08 9:25 PM

Probably...
Nephthys: The Egyptian goddess who protected the dead. I'm particularly fond of her since I played her in roleplay last year
Demeter: Goddess of Harvest.
Cleopatra: One of the greatest Egyptian queens (if you ask me)
Nefertiti: Another queen of Egypt
Queen Isabella of Spain: Wife of King Ferdinand and funded Christopher Columbus' journey.

Josh: "So let me get this straight. You don't know how to drive? Neither of you?"
Nicholas: "Never learned."
Scatty: "Never had the time."

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jan 1 09 6:43 PM

The Queen of Sheba, since we know that Francis Saint-Germain spent time in India at the lost city of Ophir and learned Fire Magic from the hook-handed man. Ophir, where it is said that King Solomon's mines were located.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jan 4 09 3:54 AM

QUOTE (ivan_92 @ December 10, 2008 02:27 am)
Welll my sugestion is the Goddess of the Greek mythology Athena, becouse is a very intresting character of the Greek mythology and if im not wrong she was the opponent of Ares the god of the war, so we already have a god of war in the history and athena can be her opponent so the twins can go with she for help, i dont know if you understud me xD but i think the idea is clear xD
well regards

I see your point about Athena, I she was the greek goddess of Wisdom/knowledge and war/strategy. However, you pointed out that she was the sister of Ares, which is very true, however, Ares - The god of war, is the Roman equivalent of Mars, which we've seen in The Magician.
I can see Dee or Nicholas go to Athena for help, however, she would probably help Flamel, because in the myths, Athena never liked Ares.
But with Ares, that would bring up Aphrodite, his girlfriend in the greek myths (AKA Venus). She could possible be... well enraged about happened to Mars flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif
... But Aphrodite, as the goddess of Love, doesn't seem to have a place in this series... but she might later...
Also, since Flamel is trying to teach the twins the five magics, Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Time, he would have to find someone to teach Sophie Earth, because she already has Wind, Fire, and Water (in The Sorceress). Could it be Gaia? (sorry about all the greeks, it's the mythology I know best).
And Josh would need to find those people too, only he need Earth, Wind, Fire, Time (not water...). He could go back to Saint Germain for Fire, Earth could be the same as Sophie, but what about Wind, I don't think the Witch of Endor can help there anymore...
Who's another goddess of wind/air/the sky...?

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help