Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 14 08 10:57 AM

Tags : :

Let me ask you a question -

Which female immortal do you want to see in the series?

Now, don't just throw out names, you have to justify your selection! Once we get a short list, lets vote on it. And then, who knows, I might be able to get that character into the story!
Remember, the female immortal cannot appear in book 3, The Sorceress, because that is already written. So you're looking for someone for The Necromancer, The Warlock and The Enchantress. Also, no living people naturally and no fictional characters. Everyone in the series is drawn from history or mythology.
What is really interesting to me is how close so many of the guesses are to the plot I've worked out - some of you guys should be writing, so I'm guessing that some of your suggestions are going to mirror characters I've already chosen.
Michael
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Nov 14 08 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 14, 2008 11:57 am)

Which female immortal do you want to see in the series?

Ooh now that's a bombshell of a question! And what a fantastic offer that you're willing to consider our suggestions for inclusion in one of your books! I'm so excited!

I do have one idea that I had been toying with bringing into discussion..but this lady can fit in here just as well!
I suggest Aoife, Scathach's twin sister, the other daughter of the Morrigan. Twins are a featured theme in the books, she is every inch the warrior that Scathach is, (prior to Aoife's battle against Setanta) Scathach was said to be fearful of the outcome of the battle knowing in her heart that Aoife was the greater warrior, that Aoife was fiercer and stronger! They have a history of sibling rivalry and battles between them, although Aoife had sworn to make a lasting peace with Scathach after she was beaten by trickery in the battle with Setanta, vows can be broken, especially if Dr.Dee had made her an offer she couldn't refuse! Scathach lost her champion ( and lover of both her and her daughter Uathach) to Aoife's embrace....if women are going to fight over anything, it would be for revenge over the loss of a lover!

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Nov 14 08 1:55 PM

I wasn’t much of a reader, due to lack of time, until I started reading Meyer’s books. Than I met wonderful people through forums that introduced me to other amazing books and series! So I am not very familiar with mythology and don’t remember much of history! But I do want to participate in this because I think it is awesome that you would want to hear what we, your readers, have to say! So I started doing some research.

One character that really intrigued me, from the House of Night series, is Aphrodite.
Aphrodite is the classical Greek goddess of love, beauty. It is said Aphrodite could make any man fall in love with her by them just laying eyes on her. I’m sure she could be very powerful, using this ‘gift’ whether she is on Dee or Nicholas’ side. She could manipulate both or either one, once she knows she has them under her spell. Who knows, maybe even little innocent Josh could be the victim!

I also did some research on Egyptian goddess and found this one quite interesting.
Isis was a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship was adopted by other ancient cultures such as Rome. She was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife, patron of nature and magic; friend of slaves, sinners, artisans, the downtrodden, as well as listening to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers. So basically, she was a good goddess. Ancient Egyptians believed that the Nile River flooded every year because of her tears of sorrow for her dead husband, Osiris. What if someone murders her husband and then she turns bad and aligns with Dee and the Elders? A flood could certainly do some damage to a city!

I found all the info found on wiki!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 14 08 8:29 PM

Semiramis. She is the the Queen of the Gods in Babylonian religion. There was also a real woman named Semiramis. Who after death was named the Queen God. I want to see her in the books because she would never truly end up on a side. I think that it would make the story great to have a flip flopper elder.

I would also like to see Coatlicue. She an Aztec Goddess. Her head is two serpents. I do not want to explain a whole lot about her since I know so much I will end up with a three page thing here. Well anyway she is this evil like goddess but she also seems to enjoy granting evil men gifts. She would give evil Aztecs like physic gifts it was said. So if she is in there she will probably hand out immortality to a whole lot of evil men. it would just be awesome to have her on Dee's side.

Also a small suggestion can we get a thing like this for some male elders? Cause I got some great ideas also for immortal humans historical figures to appear both female and male.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Nov 15 08 6:14 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 14, 2008 09:29 pm)
Also a small suggestion can we get a thing like this for some male elders? Cause I got some great ideas also for immortal humans historical figures to appear both female and male.

That is what the Your ideas>character suggestions thread is for Vinterulv! This is just a unique opportunity, that to my recollections no other Author has ever offered their fans! flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/dance.gif

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Nov 15 08 5:37 PM

I too would think cleopatra would be interesting heres a few others i think might be interesting

Helen of Troy - To me she is very interesting for several reasons. She would have been extremely courageous (or had a death wish) to run off with another prince when she was married to a very powerful person, especially in a time where woman were viewed mostly as property or prizes. Then add in the fact that a war was started over her, and an entire civilization fell because of that war. Imagine the guilt and confliction a person like that would live with especially if they were immortal, having to live with that for hundreds of years. I think she would make for a very interesting character.

Cassiopea/Andromeda - She is referred to as beautiful but arrogant and vain (quite a combination for an evil person) She boasted that both she and her daughter Andromeda were more beautiful than the nymph daughters of the sea god Nereus. Now here's where i think it gets interesting.... This made Poseidon angry (which we all think might have a role in the next book) and he brings his wrath down either (there is mixed views on what actually happens next) by flooding the country of ethiopia or releasing Cerus the sea monster. Cassiopea desperately tries to save the situation and offers up her daughter Andromeda to the sea gods as sacrifice and they chain Andromeda to a rock by the sea. Poseidon comes in later, saves her life and marries her. (so maybe we might be seeing some of this come the next book, and if not it makes for some interesting stuff to see in the future.)

Persephone - Queen of the underworld (need i say more about the evil potential?) She starts out all innocent but is abducted by hades who tricks her into eating pomegranate seeds, which forces her to return to the underworld for a season each year (used as the explanation for why the seasons change, when Persephone is in the underworld winter rains in and it gets cold when she returns she brings with her the flowers of spring.) Anyways a tortured kidnapped girl who is forced to return to the underworld can make for some serious pent up aggression and we know that Scatty spent some time in the underworld shadow realm in her past.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 15 08 8:22 PM

Persephone is already in the books. In the Alchemist she is mentioned as being a mentally insane elder living somewhere in Canada.

I also have another female immortal to put up here.

Cassandra or Alexandra. She is in greek mythology and apollo loved her but she did not love him back. So he cursed her. She would always see the future but no one would believe her when she told them. She foresaw the end of troy and other stuff.

Hel. Norse goddess of the underworld. Not really the underworld but the (you may insert the word you think it is here. if you would really like to know then allow me to post it).

No one here suggested one of the most obvious goddesses. Athena.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Nov 17 08 1:39 PM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 15, 2008 04:22 pm)
No one here suggested one of the most obvious goddesses. Athena.

A "Goddess" wouldn't be an immortal she would be an Elder if anything.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Nov 18 08 5:36 PM

My favorite idea (of my own anyway, because I like a lot of the ideas that others posted also ) is Pandora. Given what she supposedly did - unleashing evil on the world leaving only hope in the jar/box before closing it again could make for some interesting ideas. She could then very arguably be working on either side - for or against humanity. In greek mythology, she was the first woman - so she would be an excellent choice because she would be a really old immortal - and since each "god" helped create her by giving her unique gifts - there would be a great segue to where her immortality came from. And since we know that the immortals who are granted immortality by an elder owes allegiance to the elder - what a great plot twist/question if she was granted immortality by a group of elders who were working together (if that is even possible in the reality that is the world of Nicholas Flamel)- who would she need to serve? It could open up a lot of options with respect to plot lines. She has lots of ties to Gods - so her link to Elders would be easy. Plus, in mythology, she was created as punishment for Promethius' theft of fire and again, there would be an excellent way to tie her in since Scatty mentioned St Germain's theft of fire from Promethius in the Magician. And how great would it be to see Michael's interpretation as to whether she opened the "box" out of curiosity or to be malicious... or maybe because her elder made her?

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Nov 18 08 9:16 PM

I like the Helen of Troy and Pandora suggestions!

I'd also like to throw Delilah out there...

Delilah was approached by the lords of the Philistines, the enemies of Israel, to discover the secret of Samson's strength. Delilah asked Samson 3 times what the secret to his strength was, and 3 times he lied to her. On the fourth occasion he gave her the true reason. And Delilah, when Samson was asleep on her knees, shaved off the seven locks from his head, then betrayed him to his enemies...

Someone refers to her as "a treacherous and cunning femme fatale"

Sounds pretty sneaky and troublesome to me!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Nov 23 08 2:33 AM

Here's some info I found whilst researching possible candidates..This is some of what the Mysterious Britain website has to say on Black Annis... flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

QUOTE (Mysteriousbritain.co.uk)

"She took the form of a one eyed wizened crone, immensely strong with sharp tearing teeth, long black claws and a blue face. She was said to hide in a giant oak, long since felled, that was once the remnants of a great forest, which covered the area. From this lofty perch she would leap out and eviscerate unwary travellers. Although partial to all human flesh she took particular delight in eating young children, whom she flayed alive. She then hung their skins like a grisly trophy upon the walls of a cave known as Black Annis' Bower. She is said to have created the cave with her bare hands tearing through the rock with her iron claws. "

Not a lady i'd fancy meeting on a dark night!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Nov 23 08 10:33 PM

QUOTE (baksh @ November 23, 2008 06:05 pm)
i am reminded of another person, that is Queen Sheba....

Interesting choice what are your reasons for suggesting her?

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 26 08 2:38 AM

Morgan le Fay. I have always been a fan of the King Arthur (Uther Pendragon) and as Excaliber is in this story could not Morgan le Fay be as well. She definitely has the evil vibe going and she could probably know Dr. John Dee as they would both live in England for a time.

flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Nov 26 08 3:30 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 24, 2008 04:25 am)
I think Sheba fits more then Solomon.

Solomon can't fit at all for this point as he's male, as we're looking for a female immortal!

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 26 08 4:07 AM

Another Female immortal could be Hippolyta. She could have encountered a greek god/goddess and been granted imortality. She was an Amazonian Queen and would have had power behind her.

flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Nov 26 08 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Nalic @ November 26, 2008 04:07 am)
Another Female immortal could be Hippolyta. She could have encountered a greek god/goddess and been granted imortality. She was an Amazonian Queen and would have had power behind her.

flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif  flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif  flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif  flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif  flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help