Remove this ad

Elena

Immortal

#1281 [url]

Sep 19 10 8:04 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ September 19, 2010 10:48 pm)
What? From where? You mean before he met Nicholas even?

Nicholas took them to Hekate to awaken/unlock their magical potential. That "magical potential" wasn't something you got after training. Nicholas knew that every Humani had that potential. All you had to do was.. awaken it. Once you were awaken you could practice magic. ..And Necromancy is a type of magic, right?

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1282 [url]

Sep 19 10 8:52 PM

So you're saying that when Josh was awakened by Mars, he could... do Necromancy/Necromance/be a Necromancer? (there seems to be no correct way to say it!)

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#1283 [url]

Sep 19 10 10:54 PM

Didn't Prometheus said that Josh was more cunning in Fire Magic than Sophie due to his golden aura and that Sophie was more cunning in Water Magic due to her silver aura? I think that is the magic potential Nicolas was talking about, very much with Perenelle and he affinity with spirits.

Dee just said that Coatlicue will teach Necromancy to Josh in order to keep him summoning her, but now with that plan failed he's somehow forced to teach Josh in the art in order to keep him on his sideā€¦BURN! xD.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#1284 [url]

Sep 20 10 3:22 AM

@ AlchemistMaster: The first part, yes. And Dee said that necromancy was the power to raise the dead, talk to them and to command them, and all he needed was a fragment of a bone to do it, or a sword they carried (Dare added the sword part). Dee adds a few paragraphs later that he could train him, but it would take decades, Coatlicue however, could grant him the power instantaneously. (I paraphrased the later part of Chapter 58 of the Necromancer). And yes, the plan was to trick Josh to call Coatlicue, Coatlicue would kill him, then Dee could necromance him back and control him.

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

#1285 [url]

Sep 20 10 3:24 AM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ September 19, 2010 02:52 pm)
So you're saying that when Josh was awakened by Mars, he could... do Necromancy/Necromance/be a Necromancer? (there seems to be no correct way to say it!)

I think the idea is that the powers/knowledge is part of you...that once you are awaken, that with the right guidance, you are able to use those powers. What powers you are able to control, what elements you have more control/strength in depends not necessarily on what you have been taught, but more about the power you have inherent in you and your ability to control/use that power.

So it may be less of teaching Josh necromancy and more about teaching him to tap into that power.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#1286 [url]

Sep 20 10 3:39 AM

QUOTE (mzpolarbear @ September 19, 2010 11:24 pm)
So you're saying that when Josh was awakened by Mars, he could... do Necromancy/Necromance/be a Necromancer? (there seems to be no  correct way to say it!)

I think the idea is that the powers/knowledge is part of you...that once you are awaken, that with the right guidance, you are able to use those powers. What powers you are able to control, what elements you have more control/strength in depends not necessarily on what you have been taught, but more about the power you have inherent in you and your ability to control/use that power.

So it may be less of teaching Josh necromancy and more about teaching him to tap into that power.

Right, because as Dee said, Coatlicue could instantaneously grant him the power of necromancy

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1287 [url]

Sep 20 10 10:00 AM

QUOTE (mzpolarbear @ September 20, 2010 06:24 am)
So you're saying that when Josh was awakened by Mars, he could... do Necromancy/Necromance/be a Necromancer? (there seems to be no  correct way to say it!)

Yes something like that. Plus, if I remember correctly, Nick said he'll train the twins in the elemental magics not teach them. You can't train someone in something they don't know, not even the basics. They just had to learn how to tap into that power..

Moreover, in the Alchemyst it says that Dee had mastered the art of Necromancy. I believe he, like every awakened Humani, had the magical potential for it and through years of practice he mastered that specific art/type of magic.

and I wasted my vote on Germain! Sooo wrong. We all thought that The Necromancer was Germain.. I bet you laughed a lot, didn't you Mr. Scott??

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1288 [url]

Sep 20 10 11:46 PM

Probably just smiled and shook his head.

Okay, thanks for answering. That's me, I keep asking questions until everything makes sense. (my friends believe it gets annoying sometimes!)

And AM, you're right, Dee is now going to have to teach Josh how to do necromancy to keep him loyal...but with Dee's annoying luck, he'll probably find a way to use that to his advantage...and then fail miserably once more. Really, though, the chase has to be narrowing by now. Everyone's going to get desperate and foolish (which, as we all know, Dee is around the clock) and rush to get what they want done. Time's running out, and Dee knows it. If he teaches Josh necromancy, I suppose they could together raise another army of the dead to finish off Flamel & Friends, but I doubt Josh could do anything to hurt Sophie. If he didn't care about her, he wouldn't try to persuade her to be distrustful of Nicholas, he would just head out on his own.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#1289 [url]

Sep 21 10 6:50 PM

I new the Necromancer was Josh! hahaha

From the time Dee said, "Im going to make you a Necromancer Josh," I knew for certain that he was the Necromancer. Before this i was about 98% sure haah

But as Mr. Scott has said, the real question is......Who is the Warlock

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#1290 [url]

Sep 22 10 12:52 AM

I want it to be Niccolo, but who I think it is will have to wait until after I have actually got my hands on the book.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1291 [url]

Sep 22 10 1:37 AM

Idk it might be marethyu. okay i doubt i spelled that right. i was pretty sure it was gonna be josh, but he is the necromancer so i'll have to pick a different person....
WOOOOHH! 100th post! flamelssecret/dance.gif

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#1294 [url]

Oct 29 10 8:47 PM

hi everybody, like i'm french i'd like to know ( i don't know if you're going to help me) when the necromancer come out in france ??

President of the L.A.F
**Image removed by Admin, in excess of max size permitted by the C.O.C. Zephfire**

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1295 [url]

Oct 29 10 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Curt21 @ October 29, 2010 11:47 pm)
hi everybody, like i'm french i'd like to know ( i don't know if you're going to help me) when the necromancer come out in france ??

Hello there,

According to Zephfire the French translated edition of The Necromancer, has a new release date which is January 20th, 2011.

For more updates check this thread:
Version Information

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1296 [url]

Nov 3 10 1:34 AM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ September 22, 2010 01:37 am)
Idk it might be marethyu. okay i doubt i spelled that right. i was pretty sure it was gonna be josh, but he is the necromancer so i'll have to pick a different person....
WOOOOHH! 100th post! flamelssecret/dance.gif

This doesnt effect my theory of Mach being Warlock but if I had a second guess... It depends on who Marethyu is and, if he's Humani, Immortal, or Elder! If he is human there is more of a possibility of him being the Warlock.

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

#1297 [url]

Jan 26 11 6:20 PM

I think of something, can be that Sophie is the twin who will destroy the world. Because Gilgamesh often of a girl who sheds tears of silver, draws Sophie cry for him. Thus, it is only a suposition ^^ '

user posted image
Aura couleur: Green...... Aura Odeur:Eucalyptus Magie : Terre & Vent

Quote    Reply   

#1298 [url]

Jan 26 11 9:32 PM

hmm...Interesting. I would have thought josh, and this might be flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif zeph and others, but the ancient of days said To dee.."The two that are one, the one that is all" when he had excalabur and clarent.

Aura color:Green/Gray
Aura sent:Rain/Pomagranets
Magic:Earth and Air
Type:Magician

Quote    Reply   

#1300 [url]

Jul 26 12 6:38 AM

I don't know if I am wrong but I think it is sad that Aoife gets trapped in a shadowrealm battling Coalticue(correct me if my spellings wrong) and that flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif Niten loves Aoife that Niten becomes sad and excludes himself.

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help