O, I never thought of that.

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Apprentice

#1262 [url]

Sep 18 10 3:15 AM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ September 17, 2010 04:30 pm)
Even if it is Josh, I hope it isn't. If you think about Necromancy as bringing life to the dead, or "animating the inanimate", shouldn't Prometheus be a better candidate?

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

It sounds like a good theory, but what Prometheus brought to life wasn't dead before. If I recall correctly, it was a bunch of statues. And to me it read as something that didn't happen on purpose. As Dee says it has to be learned. I may have missed a few things, though. flamelssecret/idk.gif

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

#1263 [url]

Sep 18 10 7:23 PM

I think michael said he was gonna reveal who it is soon....i'll have to check but i think he said he thought it should be obvious.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#1264 [url]

Sep 18 10 7:47 PM

QUOTE (Jessica B. @ September 17, 2010 10:15 pm)
QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ September 17, 2010 04:30 pm)
Even if it is Josh, I hope it isn't. If you think about Necromancy as bringing life to the dead, or "animating the inanimate", shouldn't Prometheus be a better candidate?

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

It sounds like a good theory, but what Prometheus brought to life wasn't dead before. If I recall correctly, it was a bunch of statues. And to me it read as something that didn't happen on purpose. As Dee says it has to be learned. I may have missed a few things, though. flamelssecret/idk.gif

Remember that in The Magician, Dee used Necromancy to animate the statues on Notre Damme.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#1265 [url]

Sep 18 10 10:43 PM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ September 18, 2010 03:47 pm)
Remember that in The Magician, Dee used Necromancy to animate the statues on Notre Damme.

Ahhh, now I remember lol. See, I knew I missed something

Quote    Reply   

#1266 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:02 PM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ September 18, 2010 07:23 pm)
I think michael said he was gonna reveal who it is soon....i'll have to check but i think he said he thought it should be obvious.

Well, it will be nice to finally know. But I think it is Josh---even if I really don't want him to be.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#1267 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:10 PM

I know Josh is the popular guess, but... He really didn't do any "necromancing". He just called Coatlicue's name to free her from a Shadowrealm, and that was part of a ritual/ceremony type thing.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#1268 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:12 PM

I know...I just can't see anyone else. so if you don't think it's Josh, who do you think it is?

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#1269 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:14 PM

We know for sure that it's not Dee... And Dee wanted to Josh to learn it... I'm going for Josh too.

Quote    Reply   

#1270 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:14 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ September 18, 2010 03:12 pm)
I know...I just can't see anyone else. so if you don't think it's Josh, who do you think it is?

I posted my guess back a few posts. I think it's Prometheus. Since it's not Dee and since Prometheus's aura animating the statues and 'bringing life' to the Humani was the closest thing to necromancy in there.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1271 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:16 PM

It's a little frustrating because Dee would be the obvious choice if he wasn't already the Magician!!! Well, I guess we could start with listing the acts of necromancy we have seen throughout ALL the books and go on from there...and the whole calling the Mother of the Gods thing has been debated about whether it actually is necromancy or not...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1272 [url]

Sep 19 10 1:12 AM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ September 19, 2010 02:10 am)
I know Josh is the popular guess, but... He really didn't do any "necromancing". He just called Coatlicue's name to free her from a Shadowrealm, and that was part of a ritual/ceremony type thing.

Well calling names maybe is a form of Necromancy.. not a very complicated one but still.. There's power in names.

I'm ALMOST (Like 99% ... now where's Mr. Scott with my 1%!? ) sure it's Josh.. for many reasons.

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#1273 [url]

Sep 19 10 6:39 AM

@ AthenaApril :That might not be a bad idea to go through and see all the examples of Necromancy and to see if maybe we missed something that deals with the actual details of Necromancy
@ Elena: I'm agreeing with you on this one, the names thing wouldn't be addressed so much if it really didn't have anything to with anything... And I also think it's Josh

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1274 [url]

Sep 19 10 9:45 AM

There's a difference between "animating" and "giving life". Necromancy doesn't bring the person back to life like "giving life" again. Necromancy (at least they way I see it) is a way to use the dead for the purposes of divination. They only come back as spirit/ghost or if they're raised bodily they're most certainly not alive.

This though complicates the whole question on whether Coatlicue was indeed dead or just imprisoned..

But then again.. what does death mean to an Archon? is it the same like we know it?

Gahh, that's enough for me today flamelssecret/crazy.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1275 [url]

Sep 19 10 6:42 PM

I have my doubts about Josh being the Necromancer or that he do any Necromancy in the book, like it was said; he just called Coatlicue, and Dee just mentioned that a name holds power and that Coatlicue will teach Josh the art of Necromancy, although at the end Coatlicue will have him as a snack.

Also Coatlicue was never dead, she was just in some kind of coma due to the lack of food in her prison, after felt Josh aura, she quickly rose and ran after the source.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#1276 [url]

Sep 19 10 6:46 PM

Yeah, but then actually noone brought a dead body to life. With Prometheus: the statues were not dead, so it wasn't necromancy. flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1277 [url]

Sep 19 10 7:26 PM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ September 19, 2010 09:42 pm)
I have my doubts about Josh being the Necromancer or that he do any Necromancy in the book, like it was said; he just called Coatlicue, and Dee just mentioned that a name holds power and that Coatlicue will teach Josh the art of Necromancy, although at the end Coatlicue will have him as a snack.

Also Coatlicue was never dead, she was just in some kind of coma due to the lack of food in her prison, after felt Josh aura, she quickly rose and ran after the source.

But did Josh really need training?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1278 [url]

Sep 19 10 7:29 PM

Maybe some sort of knowledge was inside of him when Mars was controlling him? flamelssecret/idk.gif

Edit: Arg, spelling.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1279 [url]

Sep 19 10 7:33 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ September 19, 2010 10:29 pm)
Maybe some sort of knowledge was inside of him when Mars was controlling him?  flamelssecret/idk.gif

Edit: Arg, spelling.

I think that 'knowledge' was always there.. even before Mars.

Well.. I suppose this debate will never end. xD

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1280 [url]

Sep 19 10 7:48 PM

What? From where? You mean before he met Nicholas even?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help