Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#1041 [url]

Feb 15 10 8:17 PM

Michael has said that we have met the Necromancer by the end of Book 3.

We've only seen Odin's name appear twice in the story, once by Scatty in telling the story of the Yggdrasil and by a Disir's war cry. I don't think that qualifies as meeting him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1042 [url]

Feb 15 10 8:29 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ February 15, 2010 02:17 pm)

We've only seen Odin's name appear twice in the story, once by Scatty in telling the story of the Yggdrasil and by a Disir's war cry. I don't think that qualifies as meeting him.

unless of course he's masquerading around as someone else...

Quote    Reply   

#1043 [url]

Feb 15 10 8:36 PM

Its one of these four, admitt it guys:

1. Niccolo Machiavelli (hope so!!! machiavelli is the bomb!!! lol!)
2. de Comte Saint Germain (maybe....)
3. Billy the Kid (doubt it)
4. Shakespeare (although i hope not...hes my favourite character!!)

I bet its niccolo or germain but we'll have to wait and see i guess!!!

Aura Colour: Orange
Aura Scent: Apple Pie!!!!!

Lord what fools these mortals be~~ William Shakespeare!!

Quote    Reply   

#1044 [url]

Feb 15 10 8:50 PM

QUOTE (ILOVETHESHADOW @ February 15, 2010 12:36 pm)
Its one of these four, admitt it guys:

1. Niccolo Machiavelli (hope so!!! machiavelli is the bomb!!! lol!)
2. de Comte Saint Germain (maybe....)
3. Billy the Kid (doubt it)
4. Shakespeare (although i hope not...hes my favourite character!!)

I bet its niccolo or germain but we'll have to wait and see i guess!!!

It was clearly stated in one of the podcasts, confirmed by Mr. Scott, that Shakespeare is not the necromancer.

Aura Color: Gray-Blue
Scent: After a rainstorm

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#1045 [url]

Feb 16 10 6:47 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ February 15, 2010 08:17 pm)

yeah that's not much. we could probably say the same for Bacon - Dee's predecesor, had Excalibur once, gave the Moriggan the necromancy spell for binding. Possible Necromancer but probably not The Necromancer. I'll keep an eye out for him.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1046 [url]

Feb 16 10 10:52 AM

Well it depends on how you use "met" As in * actually* met him (like Scatty,Perry) or..met,in we've heard of him/know he exists in the "flamel word" etc..
..But everything points to Germain,so..

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#1047 [url]

Feb 16 10 1:09 PM

QUOTE (Elena @ February 16, 2010 05:52 am)
Well it depends on how you use "met" As in * actually* met him (like Scatty,Perry) or..met,in we've heard of him/know he exists in the "flamel word" etc..

I believe we made it a point on one of the podcasts to clarify "met". And it was met and not heard of in passing.

Quote    Reply   

#1048 [url]

Feb 16 10 2:18 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ February 16, 2010 01:09 pm)
QUOTE (Elena @ February 16, 2010 05:52 am)
Well it depends on how you use "met" As in * actually* met him (like Scatty,Perry) or..met,in we've heard of him/know he exists in the "flamel word"  etc..

I believe we made it a point on one of the podcasts to clarify "met". And it was met and not heard of in passing.

Germain and Niccolo are the only ones not set in stone, and if I had to pick just one then it has to be Germain. As i stated before there is just something extremely fishy about him, Niccolo kinda just lays himself out there, but you kinda know were he is going, and Mr. Scott said that auras could be manipulated and change color, and niccolos is grey, so grey to black is not a big change, but again germain just seems to fit for me.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

#1049 [url]

Feb 16 10 2:39 PM

Germain does seem the most logical choice now. But I feel like we are putting a lot of things together to make that a possibility. There is really not much to support any of the characters as the Necromancer beyond speculation.

Given that, for some reason I keep thinking that Mach might end up as The Warlock.

Also given my need for symmetry and the fact that this book will be the start of the second mini-trilogy, Germain is a character on the "good" side. If Michael follows the same pattern then we should expect to see a character aligned with Flamel and the twins as the Necromancer, hence Germain.

In reality I have no idea, and I have probably vacillated as much as anyone here.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#1050 [url]

Feb 16 10 2:42 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 16, 2010 02:39 pm)
Germain does seem the most logical choice now. But I feel like we are putting a lot of things together to make that a possibility. There is really not much to support any of the characters as the Necromancer beyond speculation.

Given that, for some reason I keep thinking that Mach might end up as The Warlock.

Also given my need for symmetry and the fact that this book will be the start of the second mini-trilogy, Germain is a character on the "good" side. If Michael follows the same pattern then we should expect to see a character aligned with Flamel and the twins as the Necromancer, hence Germain.

In reality I have no idea, and I have probably vacillated as much as anyone here.

Whats this "pattern" you speak of, I have noticed a trend with the books, but what is your take.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1051 [url]

Feb 16 10 3:47 PM

Just following the title characters (this is a stretch mind you) if you classify them as either good or bad (helping humani or not) then the progression is fairly obvious

The Alchemyst: Nicholas Flamel
The Magician: Dr. John Dee
The Sorceress Perenelle Flamel

So I was postulating that if the same pattern follows then we can surmise that The Necromancer will be a character sympathetic to the humani.

Therefore, between Germain and Machiavelli the choice would have to be Germain.

You know, I just realized that I have tried to treat this like one of Gods or Hits crazy quest puzzles. Thanks for that guys flamelssecret/wall_.gif

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#1052 [url]

Feb 16 10 3:59 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 16, 2010 11:47 am)
You know, I just realized that I have tried to treat this like one of Gods or Hits crazy quest puzzles. Thanks for that guys flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Any time.

I think the biggest thing Germain has in his corner for being the Necro, is that he trained under the Witch of Endor, a known, and very powerful Necromancer in her own right.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#1053 [url]

Feb 16 10 4:53 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ February 16, 2010 03:59 pm)
Any time.

I think the biggest thing Germain has in his corner for being the Necro, is that he trained under the Witch of Endor, a known, and very powerful Necromancer in her own right.

You know on that point, after listening to the poddy yesterday you guys were discussing if The Witch would be in the Necromancer at all and that f she was it might be through Sophie's memories.

Another way that might happen is if Germain is The Necromancer then he may have some stories about her as well in the book.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1054 [url]

Feb 17 10 2:14 AM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 16, 2010 03:47 pm)
Just following the title characters (this is a stretch mind you) if you classify them as either good or bad (helping humani or not) then the progression is fairly obvious

So I was postulating that if the same pattern follows then we can surmise that The Necromancer will be a character sympathetic to the humani.

You know, I just realized that I have tried to treat this like one of Gods or Hits crazy quest puzzles.  Thanks for that guys  flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Ok if your theory is correct, then wouldn't the next book be a bad guy,

1. good
2. bad
3. good
4. would have to be bad if the pattern stays true which would in turn mean Niccolo would be the Necro.

But I still think it is Germain, and I think Godsryche has the biggest point of all and that would solidify my vote for Germain being the Necro.

Unless, the 2nd trilogy starts anew and the pattern restarts, then in which case they would help humani.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

#1055 [url]

Feb 17 10 3:08 AM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ February 17, 2010 02:14 am)

1. good
2. bad
3. good
4. would have to be bad if the pattern stays true which would in turn mean Niccolo would be the Necro.

But I still think it is Germain, and I think Godsryche has the biggest point of all and that would solidify my vote for Germain being the Necro.

Unless, the 2nd trilogy starts anew and the pattern restarts, then in which case they would help humani.

Your last point was what I was thinking. Michael has said that each set is like a mini trilogy so I was thinking that it was going to start over again.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1056 [url]

Feb 17 10 3:32 AM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 17, 2010 03:08 am)
QUOTE (TheConduit @ February 17, 2010 02:14 am)

1. good
2. bad
3. good

Your last point was what I was thinking. Michael has said that each set is like a mini trilogy so I was thinking that it was going to start over again.

Ok I got you know, so then yes all fingers, and signs point to Mr. Germain.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#1057 [url]

Feb 17 10 3:53 AM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 16, 2010 04:47 pm)

I'm going to have to challenge your thinking there Phin hehehe if you go with your premise of good, bad progression...

Nick ~ good
Dee ~ bad
Perry ~ good

then surely the next candidate would have to be against the humani, not for them? Or are you batting for Dee's team? hmmmm

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1058 [url]

Feb 17 10 3:57 AM

i think the are arguing that a pattern could be

good
bad
good
bad
good
bad

or
good
bad
good
good
bad
good

both a pattern but im not sure if there will be one or not.

Quote    Reply   

#1059 [url]

Feb 17 10 4:06 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ February 17, 2010 03:53 am)
QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 16, 2010 04:47 pm)

You know, I just realized that I have tried to treat this like one of Gods or Hits crazy quest puzzles.  Thanks for that guys   flamelssecret/wall_.gif

I'm going to have to challenge your thinking there Phin hehehe if you go with your premise of good, bad progression...

Nick ~ good
Dee ~ bad
Perry ~ good

then surely the next candidate would have to be against the humani, not for them? Or are you batting for Dee's team? hmmmm

We have a trader in our midst, but who could it be flamelssecret/confused0058.gif I love this forum already.

Yeah after reading what phineasnigellus posted about Mr. Scott said, then yeah it would have to be a good person.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#1060 [url]

Feb 17 10 6:18 AM

I'm liking the good-bad-good-good-bad-good idea and Germain seems to be the logical choice so far but I'm sure Michael will surprise us.

I haven't heard the podcast yet flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif but I think The Witch won't be interacting w/ any of the characters in Book 4 but we'll learn a great deal about her, and her relations w/ Perry, Mars, Scatty and probably Germain.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help