Remove this ad

#1021 [url]

Feb 3 10 3:54 AM

I think it'll be Shakespear! Just cause he's a weird character and we haven't learned much about him yet. But something tickling my memory from the Sorceress tells me that he died or something. Is that true?

EDIT: I was reading through the older posts and it seems he has been counted out. Then my vote goes to Machiavelli.

Aura: Adobe
Scent: Many Different Cooking Meats
Magical Style: Necromancy
Magical Element: Earth

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1022 [url]

Feb 4 10 3:58 AM

I have a couple of comments.

Firstly, I must apologize for words that I did not mean harshly. "going around killing everyone" was a byproduct of my anger of seeing users immediately assume that the Necromancer would take place in Japan.

Second, I would like to point out that in the Sorceress it says that there were twelve Archons, so that theory about having seven of them doesn't really work all that well.

Lastly, I would like to ask where did the bit about the person with the black aura come from?

"To fight fear you must become fear. You must bask in the fear of other men."-Raz al Ghul

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#1023 [url]

Feb 4 10 6:55 AM

The seven Archons are probably the Hebdomads since there are seven of them. a higher order of archons I would say.

Black auras, have been discussed evrywhere in the boards. but we know that the pallet for each book would mimic that of an aura of the person bearing the book title or someone important we'll get to see in the book and the pallet for book 4 has black on it. At the same time hints have been dropped that we will learn about Black aura(s) in the necromancer thus the assumption that The Necromance probably will have a black aura.

Sorry for straying of the topic. will not happen again. feel free to chastise us flamelssecret/innocent.gif

flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif flamelssecret/rulez.gif Back on track guys!

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#1024 [url]

Feb 6 10 11:04 PM

O my god!!!!!!!! I know who the necromancer is!!!!!!! it has to be the hooked handed man!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Scott said that you'll know the character by the end of the third book and he said that the hook handed man will be a big part of book 4!!!! IT ALL FITS!!!!!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/right-icon20.gif

Please do not use all capital letters its considered shouting. Thanks

Aura Colour: Orange
Aura Scent: Apple Pie!!!!!

Lord what fools these mortals be~~ William Shakespeare!!

Quote    Reply   

#1025 [url]

Feb 7 10 3:38 AM

He also said that it will be a charecter we know well

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   

#1026 [url]

Feb 10 10 2:39 PM

Could it be that we have met the character and we do know him well but he is not a main character? The more and more I think about it and roll it over in my head it does fit for it to be someone like Francis.

I am just not sure that he is the best choice though. Everytime I go through the books again I get something new.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#1027 [url]

Feb 10 10 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Bigglesworth @ February 02, 2010 10:54 pm)
I think it'll be Shakespear! Just cause he's a weird character and we haven't learned much about him yet. But something tickling my memory from the Sorceress tells me that he died or something. Is that true?

EDIT: I was reading through the older posts and it seems he has been counted out. Then my vote goes to Machiavelli.

That is a great point! We all know Machiavelli well, but not too well like Dee or Flamel. I think that the Necromancer is Machiavelli too. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image
"I have been many things in my time: a physician and a cook, a bookseller and a soldier, a teacher of languages and chemistry, both the officer of law and a thief." -From the Day Booke of Nicholas Flamel, Writ Thursday, 31 May
Aura Color: Gray
Scent: Pepper
Magic Specialty: Fire

Quote    Reply   

#1028 [url]

Feb 12 10 7:54 PM

Hello all, I am new to the forum and would just like to point out a few points to whom the Necromancer might be, and were the story might take place.

I read through most of the forums and read the comments and ideas of everyone.

The Witch of Endor- could not be the necromancer (even before Mr. Scott's post stating that it is male character) She gave ALL her memories AND knowledge to Sophie when she awoke her, and if i remember correctly she is an elder or next generation elder, due to the fact she is scatty's grandma. I might be wrong on the last part but interesting nonetheless.

It could be Dee-, yes we do know a lot about him but not enough, he is titled The Magician yes, but Flamel states many times that he is a great necromancer and should never be underestimated. *spoiler* (here is to hoping you have all finished the 3rd book) He also now holds the "Twins" the two brother swords. Clarent and Excalibur which merged and could change his aura, but yellow to black is a stretch.

Machiavelli- his aura is grey so that's not a big stretch to black, still do not know a lot about him and his powers, he could be the necro.

St. Germain- to me he seems unlikely although we don't know a lot about him and he did disappear for a time if i remember correctly.

Billy the kid-not a lot is know about him and his elder is powerful i think its the same as Machiavelli, or Dee's, can't remember.

Gilgamesh- he has no aura so he could be a good candidate to get one (if that is even possible)

The Bard- Shakespeare (again yellow arua) but did train from dee for some time and did learn necromancy it was stated in the books. And by the end of the book he was a little "off" from when we first met him. His quote about magic being mostly imagination makes me think, that auras can be changed or altered.

Places- Ive been to the site and saw the cover, i does show a Asian/Japanese character, a whip (that's what it looks like to me) and an Inca or Aztec kind of symbol in a corner and in the center of the page. and the top left corner it looks like either water(don't know why, the twins learned it already) or maybe air/wind(sophie has it but josh does not). And finally Italy, don't think we have been there yet, and it is were Machiavelli is from.

These are just my opinions and would love feedback from anyone. I want to hear what you all think of my opinions or even some new ones from you all.

Thanks for reading, I know it was long but I read a lot to come to these conclusions.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1029 [url]

Feb 12 10 8:30 PM

Hi TheConduit, welcome!

You make a good point about the witch giving all her memories to sophie, i wonder if that means she no longer has them or if she gave sort of a copy to sophie. Nonetheless she still has the ability to see the strands of time despite her may or may not having her memories.

I also like your point about Machiavelli and his grey aura being close to black. But im not sure a necromancer has to have a black aura, we know both dee and the witch are necromancers but neither have black auras, unless of course you are thinking the necromancer might be linked to the black aura.

Thanks for your thoughts, and dont ever apologize for a long well thought out post! we most certainly welcome thoughts and ideas on the forums

Quote    Reply   

#1030 [url]

Feb 12 10 8:40 PM

I just remembered a post of someone saying something about a black aura and thought that it might be connected in some way, or its the aura of a new character. And the Witch of Endor traded her sight for the power to see the strands of time, so I don't think she would have lost that.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1031 [url]

Feb 14 10 12:07 AM

Conduit I like your train of thought there. Very well presented. I will say that I have been trying to look through the books and find some type of additional clues as to the identity of the Necro.

As some additional food for thought. The title character (with the exception of The Alchemyst) has been identified throughout the previous novels.

Dee was called a powerful magician in the Alchemyst.

There were several instances of Perenelle being called a sorceress in both The Magician and the Alchemyst.

That being said it is logical to presume that we have not only met this character (from Michael), and know them well (also from Michael), but that they have also been called a necromancer before.

Understand I am reaching here because the only characters I can remember being aligned with Necromancy is Dee and The Witch.

Who Else?

QUOTE (Mr. Spock in Star Trek)
Trying to use logic on an illogical problem is well, illogical.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#1032 [url]

Feb 14 10 1:28 PM

I pass. These are the two I know of too. And it will definitely not going to be Dee, however it is a man. The Witch can only be female, right (joking...)?!

Mr. Scott said none of the titles are for the same person and that the Necromancer is a HE. So both Dee and the Witch won't be. I cannot recall reading someone else being a Necromancer...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1033 [url]

Feb 14 10 3:32 PM

QUOTE (justmeandi @ February 14, 2010 01:28 pm)
I pass. These are the two I know of too. And it will definitely not going to be Dee, however it is a man. The Witch can only be female, right (joking...)?!

Mr. Scott said none of the titles are for the same person and that the Necromancer is a HE. So both Dee and the Witch won't be. I cannot recall reading someone else being a Necromancer...

Well if Mr. Scott says that the titles are not for the same person, then that leaves out everyone but maybe Shakespeare (he did train under Dee for a long time and did learn necromancy i am sure) because The Bard really isn't a title to me cause he is a bard, always has been.

2nd candidate would be no other than Mr. Flamel himself, he is called The Immortal, well that's only temporary due to the potion(so IMO that's not a real title) and, the Alchemist but again that's just because he is one. Other than that, I don't believe he has a title.

3rd (long shot but here goes nothing) Palamedes yes he is the Sarcean Knight, but that's because he really is a knight, so as well as Shakespeare that is a name and not a title in my opinion.(And his armor did turn black in the sorceress, usually armor is the same color of the aura, his is dark green.)

4th Comte De. St. Germain because I don't think he has a title at all (if i can remember correctly, and after he left Flamel's teachings he vanished until he showed up in the "Magician" or "Sorceress".)

5th Back to Machiavelli The Italian (again a name cause were he lives, not a title IMO) he is a known character. But we know little about him, and if you recall all his spells are on his laptop, even some that could kill and elder and even more that the elders didn't know he had and would surely kill him if they did.

So that's 2 for William, and 2 For Machiavelli, and still something fishy about Germain. If it is going to be any of them, then its one of these 3 it has to be, there are no other characters,(that could possibly be the necro, there is no one else flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif ) unless Josh magically learns Necromancy haha.

These conclusions are all loop holes but so far from the three books we have all been thrown for a loop. flamelssecret/wall_.gif flamelssecret/faint.gif

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

#1034 [url]

Feb 14 10 7:12 PM

Totally agree............
well thought out............
I think it has to be Michiavelli.....
Thats what I am counting on, anyway.

Aura Colour: Orange
Aura Scent: Apple Pie!!!!!

Lord what fools these mortals be~~ William Shakespeare!!

Quote    Reply   

#1035 [url]

Feb 14 10 8:27 PM

Against everyones thoughts, it does actually mention dee being a necromancer in the book, now i just need to find where

user posted image

"Areop-enap," she said in wonder, acknowledging the ancient spider elder. "I thought you were dead."

Quote    Reply   

#1036 [url]

Feb 14 10 11:19 PM

QUOTE (areop enapophobia @ February 14, 2010 08:27 pm)
Against everyones thoughts, it does actually mention dee being a necromancer in the book, now i just need to find where

Yes it says it multiple times, a few times Flamel tells Josh and Sophie in the "alchemist" when he is explaining who Dee is and why they are running, and then I think again in the "Sorceress" i believe when they are running through Paris, he tells Josh and Sophie(or he was remembering to himself) how Dee chased him out the last time they were there.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

#1037 [url]

Feb 15 10 4:35 AM

QUOTE (areop enapophobia @ February 14, 2010 02:27 pm)

Yes, but that's a necromancer, not the necromancer. Dee is already The Magician, and since he's been called a necromancer, I think that would be too obvious and non-Michael Scott like.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#1038 [url]

Feb 15 10 5:16 AM

I love the logic in Phineas ' post.

If I remember correctly, aside from Dee and Dora, no one has been called a necromancer just yet. They are the most prominent Necromancers in the series thus far. We know, however, that they have students in the persons of Shakespeare and Germain respectively. Shakespeare has been scratched off the list already. That leaves ud w/ Germain.

Another person comes to mind since he gave The Moriggan the necromancy spell to supress her sisters -- Roger Bacon, Dee's predecessor.

oh TheConduit Michael addressed Pally's Black armor in episode 13 of the Podcast.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#1039 [url]

Feb 15 10 4:45 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ February 15, 2010 05:16 am)
I love the logic in Phineas ' post.

If I remember correctly, aside from Dee and Dora, no one has been called a necromancer just yet. They are the most prominent Necromancers in the series thus far. We know, however, that they have students in the persons of Shakespeare and Germain respectively. Shakespeare has been scratched off the list already. That leaves ud w/ Germain.

Another person comes to mind since he gave The Moriggan the necromancy spell to supress her sisters -- Roger Bacon, Dee's predecessor.

oh TheConduit Michael addressed Pally's Black armor in episode 13 of the Podcast.

Very nice I had completely forgot about him, Nice catch. I havent gotten to the podcasts yet so i'am a little behind.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#1040 [url]

Feb 15 10 7:22 PM

Ok so I was searching for something and I found out that Odin used (once) a very powerful necromancy spell to bring back something/someone..Have we thought about him?Or was he ruled out?

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help