Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Nov 19 08 12:13 AM

Sherlock would really fit the story if it were a comedy. That gives me a fan fiction idea. Well back on topic. Any ideas on who the mystery necromancer is?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#42 [url]

Nov 19 08 3:58 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 18, 2008 08:10 pm)
I will not (indeed, cannot), use fictional characters ... except maybe Sherlock Holmes! (Just kidding!)

Too bad that was "just kidding" - I love Sherlock Holmes!

And thanks for the clarification about St Germain - I was feeling a little confused about that.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Nov 22 08 3:40 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ November 19, 2008 03:58 am)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 18, 2008 08:10 pm)
I will not (indeed, cannot), use fictional characters ... except maybe Sherlock Holmes!  (Just kidding!)

Too bad that was "just kidding" - I love Sherlock Holmes!

me too....

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#44 [url]

Nov 25 08 7:10 PM

Ok - so we know that the Necromancer

QUOTE (Michael Scott)
The fourth book is the Necromancer. And I will reveal exclusively here, that it is not a new character. It will be someone you've met by the end of Book 3.
so I wonder if it is someone we have already met in the first 2 books - of he will be a new character in book 3. I am thinking that it will be someone new to book 3. just because I think the list of possible choices at the end of book 2 is very small and I have a feeling we are going to meet a lot of new and interesting characters over the course of the rest of the books.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#46 [url]

Nov 26 08 3:32 AM

I think he means that it will not be a new character when The Necromancer is released... But we won't meet this person until the 3rd book.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Nov 29 08 11:26 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ November 25, 2008 07:10 pm)
Ok - so we know that the Necromancer
QUOTE (Michael Scott)
The fourth book is the Necromancer. And I will reveal exclusively here, that it is not a new character. It will be someone you've met by the end of Book 3.
so I wonder if it is someone we have already met in the first 2 books - of he will be a new character in book 3. I am thinking that it will be someone new to book 3. just because I think the list of possible choices at the end of book 2 is very small and I have a feeling we are going to meet a lot of new and interesting characters over the course of the rest of the books.

It Could still be machiavelli.

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Dec 1 08 2:01 AM

What else would you call what he and Dee did at the catherderal then. i think that would be a form of necromancy. I mean not the raising of the dead but they raised inanimate objects to fight for them.

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#52 [url]

Dec 1 08 4:34 AM

On a side note, necromancy isn't solely about raising the dead, it is also the ability to talk to the dead..maybe Perenelle has more of her skills to show us on that score!

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#53 [url]

Dec 3 08 12:13 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 26, 2008 03:32 am)
I think he means that it will not be a new character when The Necromancer is released... But we won't meet this person until the 3rd book.

Let me address this issue since it has come up several times in discussion. There are six books in the series. That means two trilogies. I know some people have been upset because I've ended books one and two of the series on cliff hangers - though less of a cliff hanger in book 2 than in book 1, I hope you will agree. I will wrap up this segment of the story at the end of book 3, so it will be "complete." Once we start book 4 - its a downhill race all the way, so all the elements of the new trilogy (4-6) have to be laid down in parts 1-3. So, by the end of book 3, you will certainly have met or encountered or heard of The Necromancer. And no, it is not a new character! (Thought it may be a character acting in a new manner.) Michael

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Dec 3 08 6:52 AM

hah i have a hunch..what if after the fight with dagon something happens to scatty..like her hidden powers or something of that sort would be awakened everyone has their own aura...hers is a grayish aura and if they can pick their smell which she doesn't have one maybe she awakens her aura..dunno just a hunch. flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Dec 3 08 2:02 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 03, 2008 12:13 am)
I think he means that it will not be a new character when The Necromancer is released...  But we won't meet this person until the 3rd book.

Let me address this issue since it has come up several times in discussion. There are six books in the series. That means two trilogies. I know some people have been upset because I've ended books one and two of the series on cliff hangers - though less of a cliff hanger in book 2 than in book 1, I hope you will agree. I will wrap up this segment of the story at the end of book 3, so it will be "complete." Once we start book 4 - its a downhill race all the way, so all the elements of the new trilogy (4-6) have to be laid down in parts 1-3. So, by the end of book 3, you will certainly have met or encountered or heard of The Necromancer. And no, it is not a new character! (Thought it may be a character acting in a new manner.) Michael

wow....that makes me even more interested in reading the rest of the series, and well sometimes the wait is very difficult....

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#56 [url]

Dec 3 08 3:13 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 02, 2008 07:13 pm)
I think he means that it will not be a new character when The Necromancer is released...  But we won't meet this person until the 3rd book.

Ohhh..I like that info. Especially since I was one of the folks who "complained" about the cliff hanger aspect of the way the books end (although I have come to not mind it as much now that there is the second book since I was able to re-read the first and pick up the second right away, and let's face it, if I didn't really like the books, notwithstanding the cliff hanger, I wouldn't be here chatting....)! I can't wait to see what is next. And the notion that the Necromancer may be just someone we already know acting in a new way - opens up a lot more possibilities! Especially since I am not yet convinced that the pattern proposed of good/bad/good/bad... for the title characters is correct - in my mind, 3 out of 6 isn't enough to bet on that being the case. And since most of the groundworks needs to be laid in the first 3 books - I am guessing we will get a number of clues in book 3 - if we don't have them already... I guess I need to re-read them both - again!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#58 [url]

Dec 3 08 3:52 PM

QUOTE (baksh @ December 03, 2008 11:51 am)
well then got another pattern from two trilogies, that good bad good, and one trilogy finishes, then again the same or a different one....

There probably isn't a pattern at all.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#60 [url]

Dec 3 08 4:08 PM

besides who says that any of those title characters are good or bad... they could turn on us.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help