Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#21 [url]

Nov 9 08 5:43 AM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 09, 2008 05:21 am)
. Only female characters I can seem to connect with are Morrigan, Sophie, and Joan.

Hmm that's interesting. Why do you feel that you connect with these characters more?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Nov 9 08 5:48 AM

I think with Joan because I have studied the real Joan of Arc and have felt that I could understand what it was like to be in her place. With Morrigan probably because ever since I was 8 I have kind of had a twisted side and cannot feel sadness for death that much. With Sophie I think because she is the sister I want.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#23 [url]

Nov 9 08 6:10 AM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 09, 2008 06:48 am)
I think with Joan because I have studied the real Joan of Arc and have felt that I could understand what it was like to be in her place.

I certainly undersand your point about Joan,. Joan, Nicholas and Dr Dee were all favourite research topics of mine both at school and long after I had left.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 9 08 6:32 AM

Same for me. Thing is I met someone for a time that I even considered a reincarnation of Joan. It is a bit of a creepy fact how they never really did find the real Flamel's body. With Dee he is just fanasanting. How much power he had for someone not royalty and not military. Well back on topic. I think that the Hook guy could be the necormancer.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Nov 10 08 6:45 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 09, 2008 05:48 am)
I think with Joan because I have studied the real Joan of Arc and have felt that I could understand what it was like to be in her place. With Morrigan probably because ever since I was 8 I have kind of had a twisted side and cannot feel sadness for death that much. With Sophie I think because she is the sister I want.

Aww, the sister you want ! I agree .. It sucks being an only child . And, you know, some people have never even heard of Jeanne d'Arc ! I shake my head in shame ..
ANYWAY, I agree with Dreaming, I don't think we'll see Scatty for a while .. flamelssecret/crying.gif
As for Pernelle, to LIVE she kind of has to be reunited with Nicholas ! haha .

__. ; Kelso Kunitz

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Nov 10 08 9:22 PM

Ok - so I am going to put a few pieces together, like an equation....

QUOTE (Michael Scott)
We're not done with the Witch yet; we'll learn a lot more about her.

Plus, I know I mentioned this in an other post -
Actually the book of Samuel in the new testament (28:3-25) discuses the Witch of Endor (in some versions of the bible she is "the medium" of Endor), who Saul calls upon to call up Samuel from the dead, and she does. She was a necromancer - and not evil.

Finally, I can't find it at the moment - so I will edit when I do, but I saw another of Michael's' posts where he mentioned that magic isn't really good or evil itself. Soo.. EDIT: ok, found it:
QUOTE (Michael Scott)
I've got a feeling that all magic is neutral. It is the intent with which is is used.

So maybe the Witch is a decent candidate for the Necromancer after all. just my thoughts...

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#28 [url]

Nov 13 08 4:08 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 10, 2008 10:26 pm)
Pattern seems to mark the necromancer as a man not a woman.

Ok, we can go with that point for a bit, assuming there is a pattern, the Necromancer should be a male, who do you have in mind?

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Nov 13 08 4:43 AM

I was thinking that the necromancer could be the first emperor of China. Bring in a Asian dude. That guy if he did know magic seems a bit like the necromancy type. I also thought it could be Vlad the Impaler or known as Vlad Dracula the real life Dracula.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Nov 14 08 3:42 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 13, 2008 05:43 am)
I was thinking that the necromancer could be the first emperor of China. Bring in a Asian dude. That guy if he did know magic seems a bit like the necromancy type. I also thought it could be Vlad the Impaler or known as Vlad Dracula the real life Dracula.

Hmm more vampires flamelssecret/vamp.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif ...we have Scatty and Comte st Germain already!! Although, Vlad would be a powerful addtition to Dee's side that's for sure! I was wondering if we'd get a myth from the skies?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#34 [url]

Nov 16 08 5:03 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 13, 2008 04:08 am)

Ok, we can go with that point for a bit, assuming there is a pattern, the Necromancer should be a male, who do you have in mind?
Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Nov 18 08 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 16, 2008 06:03 am)

OK, to put you all out of your misery!: the necromancer is ...male. Michael

flamelssecret/smiley-vault-signs-069.gif Foiled again!....Back to research I go! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Nov 18 08 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 14, 2008 03:42 am)

Hmm more vampires flamelssecret/vamp.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif ...we have Scatty and Comte st Germain already!! Although, Vlad would be a powerful addtition to Dee's side that's for sure! I was wondering if we'd get a myth from the skies?

well, i didn't know that comte de st. germain is a vampire, but is he? it isn't told in the books....

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#38 [url]

Nov 18 08 7:28 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 16, 2008 01:03 am)

OK, to put you all out of your misery!: the necromancer is ...male. Michael

Well, I know I need to relook at what is going on to see if there are any candidates that I can think of. And maybe we haven't met him yet... can't wait for the next book

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#40 [url]

Nov 19 08 12:10 AM

QUOTE (baksh @ November 18, 2008 10:58 am)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 14, 2008 03:42 am)

well, i didn't know that comte de st. germain is a vampire, but is he? it isn't told in the books....

You are perfectly correct. St Germain is NOT a vampire.

I believe the confusion has arisen because there is a series of novels which features him as a vampire.

Let me reiterate (because there has been some reference to HP characters in other threads): I am only writing about historical or mythological characters. I will not (indeed, cannot), use fictional characters ... except maybe Sherlock Holmes! (Just kidding!)

Michael

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help