Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Apr 12 12 11:22 PM

Tags : :

Every year we go to great lengths to try and make sure that you do not stumble on any spoilers before and shortly after a new release by initiating a forum lockdown and making threads containing spoilers very noticeable so that you have ample warning and the freedom to choose which, if any, spoilers you see.
We'd like to hear your thoughts about spoilers
Please do not post any talk of the events in the three chapter leak!

Are spoiler precautions a good or bad idea? (Result)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

JLB

Sorcerer

#1 [url]

Apr 12 12 11:37 PM

I think precautions are a good thing, nobody likes spoilers, and the forum lockdown isn't unbearable. The worst part is the first week or so after the book when EVERYTHING is down, but after that they have GC up along with a few other assorted threads.

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 13 12 12:05 AM

Well I like spoilers to an extent. I like reading them, not anyone telling me them. I love the quotes of the day that are posted here. I did love the three chapters, because I read them and no one told me about what happened. The lockdown, as JLB stated, isn't unbearable. It is a good thing.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 22 12 8:00 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Knight @ April 13, 2012 12:05 am)
Well I like spoilers to an extent. I like reading them, not anyone telling me them. I love the quotes of the day that are posted here. I did love the three chapters, because I read them and no one told me about what happened. The lockdown, as JLB stated, isn't unbearable. It is a good thing.

I totally agree with that. Some spoilers are good, but releasing... I don't know... Three chapters, some people migh not like that lol

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#4 [url]

Apr 22 12 8:17 PM

QUOTE (acm423 @ April 22, 2012 08:00 pm)
QUOTE (Shadow Knight @ April 13, 2012 12:05 am)

I totally agree with that. Some spoilers are good, but releasing... I don't know... Three chapters, some people migh not like that lol

yah SOME people

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 2 12 3:32 PM

aw come on! how can ANYONE like spoilers?

An apple a day keeps John Dee away.
Weapon: Sword, Shield, Bow and Scimitar
Master of: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Aether, Weaponry and Tactics

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#6 [url]

May 3 12 8:06 PM

how cant they

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 8 12 2:42 PM

Personally, I absolutely HATE spoilers. So, those precautions are a really good idea.

Aura Color- Purple. Scent- outdoor woods. Favorite song- Mirror by Barlow Girl. Favorite elemental magic- that is tough, each one is unique.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

May 8 12 3:13 PM

I'm pretty lax about spoilers, except about characters. So I like being able to pick and choose what I see.

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 9 12 12:42 AM

I think spoilers make you more EXCITED and HYPER. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 4 12 12:43 AM

Spoilers are good and bad. A mild spoiler like saying, "oh yeah, this book has an intense scene," is ok, that doesn't give anything away. But, accidentally, I once gave away the end of a book to a family member, and I felt really bad, because I had spoiled the ending. So, I think it depends on how much you give away.

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#12 [url]

Jun 4 12 6:59 PM

QUOTE (lolpole @ June 04, 2012 06:52 pm)
When will the current lockdown be lifted?

Some threads have already been re-opened, but the process takes time so we ask your patience. In the mean time please take note of the no spoilers policy in most of the open thread. Thanks!

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 6 12 9:06 AM

Spoilers ruin the experience of reading.
What's the point of reading if you already know what will happen?
What makes reading fun are the bits that surprise the readers and the beauty of how the story unfolds itself.
Imagine for instance a book series which you've followed for years, talking to other fans and sharing your theories; and then came a spoiler that reveals a piece of information you've been waiting for many years. When the time comes that you read the actual book, you're no longer excited because you already know what will happen. No matter how you scrape your brain, you already possess the knowledge of the story or part of the story because of that spoiler. It's something that cannot be taken back once given away.
flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif
So I'm all for spoiler precautions.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 7 12 2:23 PM

i am with the 66%

aura color: brown(red and green) with gray blue spirals aura scent: drying blood 

life and death go hand in hand one can not exist with out the other.
 my mastered elements: all of the elemental magics,imagination,time,and war
.They were looking for it to but they weren't good enough 
-Mordred..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help