Remove this ad

#141 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:11 PM

Maybe shes "invisible" due to Scatty's blood. I mean she is The Shadow. Now I know what you are going to say, Well they know Scatty, well yeah shes taken down the biggest and baddest out there, shes also a Next Gen so she would be well known. Joan has Vamp blood in her veins and we still don't know what kind of powers Scatty has.

But just cause Joan was born and "killed" before either Mach or Dee were born doesn't mean an elder didn't see her or knows about her. I think someone is playing hide and seek with everyone.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#142 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:23 PM

Thats my point, the house is being watched, and joan lives there, so couldnt you look in a window and see a person moving around in there. Also there are ways to detect other magic users, so she obviously doing a great job at hiding herself in such a way that no one even knew she was there.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#143 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:31 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 31, 2010 01:23 pm)
Thats my point, the house is being watched, and joan lives there, so couldnt you look in a window and see a person moving around in there. Also there are ways to detect other magic users, so she obviously doing a great job at hiding herself in such a way that no one even knew she was there.

Germain's house is surrounded by a wall remember, so they couldn't just walk up to a window and peek in.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:32 PM

So I will conclude that it is totally reasonable that Mach and Dee are way too busy to bother to check up on one mysterious woman right now, especially considering the task they are undertaking.

I guess the question then lies why didn't they figure out who she was before this all started?

I will argue that the DE would definitely want to know who Germain is consorting with as he is a known accomplice of Flamel. Just from Mach's files we get the sense that Germain is important to Mach so it stands to reason that he would be important to the DE as well.

I always come back to the point of the use of your aura alerts others to your presence. It seems that unless Joan simply did not use her aura then why would no one have been alerted to her presence? How would that happen?

Again I am operating under the assumption that Germain was a person of interest to the DE, Dee and Mach.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#145 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:36 PM

Ok I will grant the fact that it is possible the Dark Elders know about Joan, but that doesn't immediately mean that Dee and Mach would know about her as well.

Again, Mach didn't know about Billy until his Elder set up the meet and greet.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#146 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:51 PM

I guess in some aspects you are right Gods. I think there is more to it than you are saying but I can definitely make the case that it might be us over-analyzing one point.

It is very possible that the DE knew about Joan but Mach and Dee did not. Mach's files while very comprehensive are not all encompassing. That in and of itself are a great example how it is possible of how someone like Joan could "slip through the cracks"

Let's say that Mach's files were the end all be all of information. Not over the Dark Elder's knowledge but over everything else. Then someone like Dee has a spy or something of the like in Mach's camp. It is reasonable that the incorrect information is getting passed down.

It makes for a cooler story though if Joan is hiding herself... LOL

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#147 [url]

Mar 31 10 5:55 PM

Like I said someone is playing a game with them. The Dark Elders should know of Joan but either don't see her as a threat or just want to see how things play out, so they can get their kicks. Maybe someone else is protecting her/watching her we don't know about?

Or its her calming lavender scent that makes people relax and not care who she is or whats going on flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#148 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:03 PM

I find it FAR more likely that the protection is not on Joan, but on the house itself. An enchantment of sorts that makes the home a safe haven for her.

That is completely different than her shielding herself.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#149 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:05 PM

You know, now that you mention it, That is way more reasonable than my suggestion. But what kind of magic would that be and who could do it?

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#150 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:12 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ March 31, 2010 02:05 pm)
You know, now that you mention it, That is way more reasonable than my suggestion. But what kind of magic would that be and who could do it?

I would think anyone could "do it" as it were. Some sort of masking spell or enchantment on the home.

I just don't think it's anything that is special about Joan or her aura that is allowing her to stay "hidden"

They don't know who she is simply because they don't know who she is, and the Gendarme don't see her in the house because there's some sort of enchantment on the house that hides her presence, which was likely set up originally to hide her from the media and paparazzi due to Germain's fame.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#151 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:15 PM

Sounds good, but if no one knows who she is, why would she need to hide. I know its to stay hidden so they don't find out who she is. But if no one knows who she is, or of her past for that matter she could claim to be anyone she wanted.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#152 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:17 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ March 31, 2010 02:15 pm)
Sounds good, but if no one knows who she is, why would she need to hide. I know its to stay hidden so they don't find out who she is. But if no one knows who she is, or of her past for that matter she could claim to be anyone she wanted.

Because she doesn't want to be in the spot light. Like what was quoted earlier -

"Why?" Sophie knew that celebrities valued their privacy, but to remain completely invisible seemed just strange.

"Well you have to remember that the last time she was famous, people tried to burn her at the stake."

The protection could simply be in place to keep her hidden from the media.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#153 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:19 PM

I think Joan is just a ninja that's all.

What if she herself had put the enchantment/spell on the house. Do you think that is possible?

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#154 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:28 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ March 31, 2010 02:19 pm)
I think Joan is just a ninja that's all.

What if she herself had put the enchantment/spell on the house. Do you think that is possible?

Sure. I don't see why not. But that's not her using some sort of special power to mask her identity or anything, and I don't think it's just something that only she can do. We've seen other things with protection around it.

Nicholas used Alchemy to hide Clarent, for example.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#155 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:33 PM

Yes good example there. I wonder though, I know auras are different and they can change and what not, but what makes an aura "pure" hers is silver but not as "silver" as Sophies'. Any Ideas there?

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#156 [url]

Mar 31 10 6:36 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ March 31, 2010 02:33 pm)
Yes good example there. I wonder though, I know auras are different and they can change and what not, but what makes an aura "pure" hers is silver but not as "silver" as Sophies'. Any Ideas there?

We have other examples, specifics don't come to mind, of people having "muddy" auras. Joans could just have some white or gray mixed in, while Sophie's is pure.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#157 [url]

Mar 31 10 10:45 PM

I thought that Joan's aura had a slight lavender tint to it. Sophie is also more powerful, magicly speaking, than Joan.

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#158 [url]

Mar 31 10 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Mist060 @ March 31, 2010 05:45 pm)
I thought that Joan's aura had a slight lavender tint to it. Sophie is also more powerful, magicly speaking, than Joan.

Joan's scent is lavendar however i dont think it comes into play with her aura color.

Quote    Reply   

#159 [url]

Apr 1 10 3:28 AM

Joan and Sophie both have a pure silver aura but Sophie's is stronger than Joan's.

" And your aura is like Sophie's," Josh said. Joan of Arc shook her head. "Oh no, not like your sister's," she said, surprising him. "Hers is much stronger." The Magician pg. 231

She said Sophie's was stronger but she said nothing about her aura being a mixture of colors.

Quote    Reply   

#160 [url]

Apr 5 10 6:23 PM

It is funny that Joan's aura is not as strong as Sophie's but Joan, having much more practice, can do so much more with hers.

This belongs in the Sophie or Josh threads but I wonder what they will be able to do with theirs?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help