Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Feb 5 09 10:27 PM

Just because she doesn't use any other magic in the magician doesn't mean she can't . Maybe she was awakened during her training with Scatty? Obviously not by Scatty, but by another elder.

Alec jabbed a finger toward him. "Mostly extinct," he said, his voice trembling with rage, "is NOT EXTINCT ENOUGH." - Alec in City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Aura colour: Sapphire blue
Scent: Moonflower

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#22 [url]

Feb 5 09 10:30 PM

QUOTE (GitRDunn @ February 05, 2009 04:08 pm)
As for her being awakened, remember that they talked about how they didn't have to necessarily be awakened by someone, but learning to use their powers and tap into their auras without having it done all at once via awakening would've taken too long. Also, the Witch wasn't the one to awaken Sophie and the memories didn't come from being awakened. Sophie was awakened by Hekate and then the witch transferred her whole body of knowledge to Sophie (via the mummification technique) to quickly teach her air magic. With the transfer came the Witch's memories. Also, I think she can probably do a lot more than manipulate her aura, but we just haven't seen it yet.

you're right - I mixed up who did the awakening. That's what happens when I am posting but should be working I guess!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif Although I think my point is still that without having someone impart memories like the Witch did or knowledge like Mars did to Josh (although I don't think those are really voices - Josh says he knows things, he doesn't say he hears voices) - where did Joan's voices come from? Would she really have been learning to manipulate her aura before Scatty saved her? Which then leads me to wonder, why did Scatty save her in the first place?

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Feb 6 09 2:33 AM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ February 05, 2009 05:30 pm)
QUOTE (GitRDunn @ February 05, 2009 04:08 pm)
As for her being awakened, remember that they talked about how they didn't have to necessarily be awakened by someone, but learning to use their powers and tap into their auras without having it done all at once via awakening would've taken too long.  Also, the Witch wasn't the one to awaken Sophie and the memories didn't come from being awakened.  Sophie was awakened by Hekate and then the witch transferred her whole body of knowledge to Sophie (via the mummification technique) to quickly teach her air magic.  With the transfer came the Witch's memories.  Also, I think she can probably do a lot more than manipulate her aura, but we just haven't seen it yet.

you're right - I mixed up who did the awakening. That's what happens when I am posting but should be working I guess!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif Although I think my point is still that without having someone impart memories like the Witch did or knowledge like Mars did to Josh (although I don't think those are really voices - Josh says he knows things, he doesn't say he hears voices) - where did Joan's voices come from? Would she really have been learning to manipulate her aura before Scatty saved her? Which then leads me to wonder, why did Scatty save her in the first place?

Nothing wrong with taking a little break from work, lol. As for the voices thing, I think what Joan means by the fact that she and Sophie hears voices is that they have memories that aren't necessarily their's and they hear the past "voices" of those memories because if you think about it we don't hear about Sophie "hearing voices" in the normal sense. So if Joan's "voices" are the same as Sophie's and it just comes from the memories, maybe Josh has the same "voices" from the memories that belonged to someone else. I still think Scatty's memories traveled with her blood to Joan. As for learning to manipulate her aura before Scatty saved her, it is a possibility because many of the immortal humans began learning to use their aura strength before becoming immortal, but she was pretty young so she might not have begun to learn to use her aura till she was with the Flamel's after she healed. As for why Scatty saved her, we saw how she reacted when they were reunited. I think it just stems from the really strong friendship they have and Scatty couldn't just stand by when she knew Joan was in trouble and she could save her.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 6 09 3:07 AM

The real maid of Orleans began having 'visions' of 'devine guidance' around age 12, though. She said that St. Michael, St. Catherine, and St. Margeret told her to drive out the English from her country and bring the young king to the throne.
----If our Joan had these visions as the historical Joan did, this was well before she was captured and nearly burned at the stake, meaning it occurred prior to the blood transfusion that she received from Scatty. Just when did Scatty and Joan first meet? Scatty trained Joan; the real Joan first petitioned the local garrison commander to fight when she was just 16.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#25 [url]

Mar 20 09 2:25 AM

so here's a question that we've danced around a bit but how do you think joan manages to live in paris, without either dee or machiavelli or any of their spies knowing of her existence. And has she completely slipped through the cracks or do you think there is someone that knows she is still alive outside of those (flamel, sophie, josh and scatty) who saw her in the house.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Jun 2 09 12:38 AM

This thread is now open for posting..please bear in mind that The Sorceress isn't released in the UK until June 25th so try to keep all Sorceress and Necromancer spoiler discussion to the "I'm finished!" thread until July 1st!! Thank you! flamelssecret/bow.gif

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jun 7 09 6:41 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 20, 2009 12:25 pm)
so here's a question that we've danced around a bit but how do you think joan manages to live in paris, without either dee or machiavelli or any of their spies knowing of her existence. And has she completely slipped through the cracks or do you think there is someone that knows she is still alive outside of those (flamel, sophie, josh and scatty) who saw her in the house.

Well, I think it is possible that the voices in her head could possibly help her with this. Although I am not sure how.
Maybe they could stop people from scrying her and searching for her. Or possibly even see her without her permission.

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 7 09 8:26 AM

well, spacecadet, i think that she wasnt known to be there earlier, but, i am sure that dee and machiavelli have noticed and recognised her, especially after she shot an arrow of her aura at machiavelli....they must be knowing about her....

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jun 7 09 8:43 AM

I assume many immortals and awakened would be able to do that but then again what would I know, I'm just a humani

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jun 7 09 8:46 AM

No i mean silver aura is very rare and she is a wuiet a known figure in history....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jun 7 09 8:56 AM

Hmm, but didn't the arrow disapear after impact. I don't think it stayed in Machiavelli. But they could also think it was Sophie.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jun 7 09 9:00 AM

Ahh but 'she is the twin of legend' and they saw two silver auras? Are you sure? Like does it say that?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jun 7 09 9:08 AM

Maybe they were standing next to each other so it only looked like one aura? Haha. Plus Joan's wasn't alive for long. Only like 4 seconds to shoot the arrow and then it was gone. Maybe thats why she said she couldn't fight anymore because it would alert Dee and Machiavelli that she was there.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jun 7 09 9:20 AM

Well, no i dont think so cause Sophie was using air magic to cool the gargoyles, helped by Josh, and, well joan was helping Francis, so they werent together....and dont forget their scents are different....

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jun 7 09 9:22 AM

Hmm, but wouldn't some of the scents be rendered useless by others or make different scents when used together? But don't forget she only used her aura for a few seconds.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 7 09 9:25 AM

Really? But didn't she say she couldn't help because she had used all her energy in that arrow.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jun 7 09 9:26 AM

but later when she saw josh helping sophie by joinning their powers, she also joined her powers with francis and helped him....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help