Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 12 08 2:06 AM

Tags : :

Here you are guys, the thread some of you asked me for, a place to talk about Jeanne d'Arc/ Joan of Arc. The other owner of a pure silver aura, wife of the Count, beloved friend of Scatty..but ..can she be trusted?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Nov 12 08 1:39 PM

Sophie seems to trust her a lot (although at times i think sophie can be too trusting), and i think there is a subconscious connection between the two of them. Michael has hinted that there is no coincidence that the two both have silver auras. I think we can probably trust Joan, Id be pretty surprised if she turned on us.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 12 08 2:36 PM

well she is a friend otherwise why did she help sophie....n i was just thinkig if she was the last person known to have a silver aura and was supposed dead, what if the person known last to have a pure gold aura was also alive and somehow features in the series somewhere? And thats supposed to be King tut short for tutankhamun, i hope the spellings are correct for he has a couple of spellings for his name........it would be great to see him in the series, wouldn't it be? It could be in the sorceress that he helps perenelle get rid of the sphinx, as both are egyptians and i know what you'rethinking that perenelle herself said that sphinxes are practically impossible to kill, but just somehow maybe tut knows how to kill it?

It would really become interesting if he features with a big role....

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 14 08 7:18 AM

QUOTE (baksh @ November 13, 2008 01:02 pm)
QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 12, 2008 09:30 pm)
Good idea. I think that we may meet a older person that is still living and has a gold aura. I have some theories on who and I also thought of one person who might still be around in the books and have a black aura. Vlad the Impaler. The real Dracula.

ooh wow, thats a great idea to see vlad in the series, it would certainly become very very interesting....

That's a great Idea!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Dec 18 08 4:35 PM

We know that the voices in Sophie's head are those of the Witch of Endor's memories:

QUOTE (The Magician)
"You may be twin to Josh, but we are sisters, you and I. We are Silver. I know what it is like to hear voices inside my head; I know what it is like to see the impossible, to know the unknowable".
Joan looked first at Josh and then at the Alchemyst.
"While Sophie slept, I spoke directly to her unconscious mind. I taught her how to control the Witch's memories, how to ignore the voices, to shut out the images. I taught her how to protect herself."
Sophie raised her head slowly, eyes wide with surprise.
"That's what's different!" she said, both shocked and amazed. "I can't hear the voicesanymore."
She looked at her twin.
"They started when the Witch poured her knowledge into me. There were thousands of them, shouting and whispering in languages I almost understood. It s quiet now."
"They're still there", Joan explained. "They will always be there. But now
you will be able to call upon them when you need to, to use their knowledge.
I also started the process of teaching you how to control your aura."

But who do you think the voices in Joan's head are...and how did they get there? She has no Elder, so who put them there?

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Dec 18 08 4:41 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 18, 2008 12:35 pm)
We know that thevoices in Sophie's head are those of the Witch of Endor's memories:
QUOTE (The Magician)
"You may be twin to Josh, but we are sisters, you and I. We are Silver. I know what it is like to hear voices inside my head; I know what it is like to see the impossible, to know the unknowable".
"While Sophie slept, I spoke directly to her unconscious mind. I taught her how to control the Witch's memories, how to ignore the voices, to shut out the images. I taught her how to protect herself."
"That's what's different!" she said, both shocked and amazed. "I can't hear the voicesanymore."
She looked at her twin.
"They started when the Witch poured her knowledge into me. There were thousands of them, shouting and whispering in languages I almost understood. It s quiet now."

But who do you think the voices in Joan's head are...and how did they get there? She has no Elder, so who put them there?

well according to history she claimed that God himself spoke to her.

Just because she doesn't have an elder doesn't mean someone didn't place the memories there either. The Witch of Endor isn't Sophie's Elder either and she placed her memories in Sophie's head.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Dec 18 08 6:23 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ December 18, 2008 11:41 am)
well according to history she claimed that God himself spoke to her.

Just because she doesn't have an elder doesn't mean someone didn't place the memories there either. The Witch of Endor isn't Sophie's Elder either and she placed her memories in Sophie's head.

I agree with Gods. Someone had to teach Joan the things that she knows too - the way the twins are being taught. So maybe she received the thoughts form someone else.

Ohhh... just had a different thought. We know that Perry could see ghosts naturally. What if Joan could naturally hear others thoughts, and maybe that is the source of the voices. Jsut don't ask me who's thoughts she would be hearing, because haven't thought this theory out very well... it just sprang to mind and I thought I would share since I was already typing...

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Dec 18 08 7:45 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 18, 2008 10:35 am)

QUOTE (The Magician)
She looked at her twin.

This quote made me think of something else.... what if not only did joan catergorize the memories for sophie but what if she deliberately used the speaking to her unconsious mind to hide certain of the witches memories from sophie. We know the witch doesnt like the count but we also know joan is married to germaine. What if Joan took this opportunity to try to protect him from something or someone that could have been revealed through the witches memories......

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Dec 18 08 8:45 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 18, 2008 11:35 am)

Have we discussed how Joan is Immortal??
She has no Elder... Germain "doesn't remember" how he made himself Immortal (plus, she's been Immortal since before they were together)... She doesn't have the Elixir of Life...
I know that somewhere it says Scatty gave her some of her own blood... Did that make her Immortal?
EDIT
Nevermind! I found it!
QUOTE (The Magician)
Scathach's vampire blood saved me. And kept me alive, too made me immortal.  Joan grinned. Sophie noted that her teeth were normal, not pointed like Scatty's. Luckily, it has none of the vampire side effects. Though I am vegetarian, she added. Have been for the last few centuries.

But Saint-Germain says
QUOTE (The Magician)
She told me how she imbued you not only with the Magic of Air, but with her entire body of knowledge. The mummy technique hasn't been used in living memory; it is incredibly dangerous.

So how long is living memory to an Immortal? And is that the only way to transfer memories?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 16 09 12:30 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ December 18, 2008 08:45 pm)

She has no Elder... Germain "doesn't remember" how he made himself Immortal (plus, she's been Immortal since before they were together)... She doesn't have the Elixir of Life...
I know that somewhere it says Scatty gave her some of her own blood... Did that make her Immortal?
EDIT
Nevermind! I found it!
QUOTE (The Magician)
Scathach's vampire blood saved me. And kept me alive, too made me immortal.  Joan grinned. Sophie noted that her teeth were normal, not pointed like Scatty's. Luckily, it has none of the vampire side effects. Though I am vegetarian, she added. Have been for the last few centuries.

But Saint-Germain says
QUOTE (The Magician)
She told me how she imbued you not only with the Magic of Air, but with her entire body of knowledge. The mummy technique hasn't been used in living memory; it is incredibly dangerous.

So how long is living memory to an Immortal? And is that the only way to transfer memories?

That could be the only Mutal way, if you remember, the shpinx, the morrigan, and the hooded ones want to eat Pernelle's memories.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Jan 23 09 10:43 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ December 18, 2008 08:45 pm)

EDIT
Nevermind! I found it!
QUOTE (The Magician)

But Saint-Germain says
QUOTE (The Magician)

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 28 09 8:10 AM

We know that the voices in Sophie's head are those of the Witch of Endor's memories:
QUOTE (The Magician)
She looked at her twin.

I've got a couple of theories on this. First off, Scatty's blood gave Joan immortality. Also, Scatty said that blood carried emotions really well, so what if it also can carry memories? Scatty still has most of her blood so she wouldn't lose the memories, but what if Joan gained at least some of the memories because of the transfusion? Another theory I have is (although I think this theory is much less likely) that because they both have pure silver auras, maybe Joan can hear some of what is going on in Sophie's head?

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 18, 2008 10:35 am)

QUOTE (The Magician)
She looked at her twin.

This quote made me think of something else.... what if not only did joan catergorize the memories for sophie but what if she deliberately used the speaking to her unconsious mind to hide certain of the witches memories from sophie. We know the witch doesnt like the count but we also know joan is married to germaine. What if Joan took this opportunity to try to protect him from something or someone that could have been revealed through the witches memories......

I don't think that that would be the case. As soon as Sophie thought about the name Saint Germain, the Witch of Endor's memories of him flooded her and Sophie quickly knew the Witch didn't like him, so if there were a memory that bad I think she would've already seen/experienced it, so there wouldn't be a chance for Joan to do that. Also, I don't think Joan is that kind of a person to do something behind Sophie's back. I don't think the fact that the Witch doesn't like him is for anything too major either, she still sent him to help out Flamel, the twins, and Scatty.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 28 09 4:38 PM

QUOTE (GitRDunn)
I've got a couple of theories on this. First off, Scatty's blood gave Joan immortality. Also, Scatty said that blood carried emotions really well, so what if it also can carry memories? Scatty still has most of her blood so she wouldn't lose the memories, but what if Joan gained at least some of the memories because of the transfusion? Another theory I have is (although I think this theory is much less likely) that because they both have pure silver auras, maybe Joan can hear some of what is going on in Sophie's head?
Yayz! I'm not the only one who thought that Joan could have been feeding off of Sophie. I'm not sure she was, but I'd asked about the 'feeding' off knowledge in another thread: And this is what Michael said:
Absolutely, and in many ancient cultures you "ate" your enemies either symbolically or literally to take on their aspects, powers or traits. Much of the "eating" in this series has to do with absorbing knowledge, experiences and emotions. Michael
-----I think it's possible that Joan 'consumed' some power, I don't think it would have been in regards to Germain per se.
QUOTE (GitRDunn)
I don't think that that would be the case.  As soon as Sophie thought about the name Saint Germain, the Witch of Endor's memories of him flooded her and Sophie quickly knew the Witch didn't like him, so if there were a memory that bad I think she would've already seen/experienced it, so there wouldn't be a chance for Joan to do that.  Also, I don't think Joan is that kind of a person to do something behind Sophie's back.  I don't think the fact that the Witch doesn't like him is for anything too major either, she still sent him to help out Flamel, the twins, and Scatty.
Well, remember though, that we've seen someone 'block' memories in this series before. Areop had his memories blocked (admittedly by Dee and an extremely powerful Dark Elder); it appears that if one has the power/ability they can pick and choose exactly which memories to surpress in a given Elder/humani individual.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 28 09 9:25 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne)

QUOTE (GitRDunn)
Yayz! I'm not the only one who thought that Joan could have been feeding off of Sophie. I'm not sure she was, but I'd asked about the 'feeding' off knowledge in another thread: And this is what Michael said:
Absolutely, and in many ancient cultures you "ate" your enemies either symbolically or literally to take on their aspects, powers or traits. Much of the "eating" in this series has to do with absorbing knowledge, experiences and emotions. Michael
-----I think it's possible that Joan 'consumed' some power, I don't think it would have been in regards to Germain per se.

I'm sorry, but you must have misunderstood me. I don't think that Joan fed off of Sophie at all, that would suggest that she was taking something from her. I think the only thing that might have happened would be that Joan experienced some kind of mental connection where she experienced the same memories that Sophie was experiencing. I don't think Joan "fed" on Sophie's memories or anything else, nor do I think Joan ever would feed like that off of anyone (I'm don't even think she has that ability as only an immortal human).

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne)
QUOTE (GitRDunn)
I don't think that that would be the case.  As soon as Sophie thought about the name Saint Germain, the Witch of Endor's memories of him flooded her and Sophie quickly knew the Witch didn't like him, so if there were a memory that bad I think she would've already seen/experienced it, so there wouldn't be a chance for Joan to do that.  Also, I don't think Joan is that kind of a person to do something behind Sophie's back.  I don't think the fact that the Witch doesn't like him is for anything too major either, she still sent him to help out Flamel, the twins, and Scatty.
Well, remember though, that we've seen someone 'block' memories in this series before. Areop had his memories blocked (admittedly by Dee and an extremely powerful Dark Elder); it appears that if one has the power/ability they can pick and choose exactly which memories to surpress in a given Elder/humani individual.

Well like you mentioned about the power thing, I don't know if Joan would be strong enough to do that or not, but either way, I didn't say it wasn't possible, I just don't think that she would. She felt a close connection with Sophie and is very nice and I don't think that she would block any memories about anyone. Like I said, I don't think the Witch of Endor's reasons for disliking Saint Germain were very serious because she still sent him to help them out.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 28 09 9:42 PM

Sorry if I misunderstood, but to my mind the sorting/absorbing/removing of memory is a type of feeding, and that's based upon what Michael has told us. I agree that Jeanne/Sophie shared a link and that one may have experienced what the other saw/felt...but uniquely because of the 'sharing of memory' which to me, is sharing of knowledge or 'feeding'. It's really hard to explain. We see Scatty do something similar for Sophie, when she's helping her deal with being 'over-loaded' with sensation. Again, a type of feeding, but not necessarily meant to be harmful, if that makes any sense.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 29 09 2:01 AM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 28, 2009 09:42 pm)
Sorry if I misunderstood, but to my mind the sorting/absorbing/removing of memory is a type of feeding, and that's based upon what Michael has told us. I agree that Jeanne/Sophie shared a link and that one may have experienced what the other saw/felt...but uniquely because of the 'sharing of memory' which to me, is sharing of knowledge or 'feeding'. It's really hard to explain. We see Scatty do something similar for Sophie, when she's helping her deal with being 'over-loaded' with sensation. Again, a type of feeding, but not necessarily meant to be harmful, if that makes any sense.

Ok, I guess I kind of misunderstood you too. If you just mean Joan experiencing Sophie's thoughts was "feeding", then I understand what you meant, I just don't call that "feeding".

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 5 09 4:03 PM

Joan is in the news! Apparently it's about a jar that was found in an 1867 Parisian pharmacy, labeled as: "Remains found under the stake of Joan of Arc, virgin of Orleans". The jar contained a charred human rib, carbonized wood, a piece of linen and a cat femur. The Catholic Church accepted and authenticated these items and explained the cat bone away by saying it was the practice of watchers to throw black cats onto the burning pyre, to be consumed with the witches being burned at the stake.
----The jar and its contents were used for her beatification in 1909 and her canonization as a Saint in 1920. Further scientific study, conducted by forensic scientist Philippe Charlier, has revealed Saint Jeanne's Holy Relics actually belonged to an Egyptian mummy.
--------I guess the book was right huh? No one was gonna believe that a single female warrior broke through their ranks, freed Joan, and escaped.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Feb 5 09 4:40 PM

QUOTE (GitRDunn @ January 28, 2009 03:10 am)
[deleted for space )
Scatty still has most of her blood so she wouldn't lose the memories, but what if Joan gained at least some of the memories because of the transfusion?  Another theory I have is (although I think this theory is much less likely) that because they both have pure silver auras, maybe Joan can hear some of what is going on in Sophie's head?

Interesting, as I thought about the source of Joan's voices and her ability to understand Sophie's issues, I wondered about the source of the real Joan of Arc's voices (since we know Michael bases the characters on historical facts, and he constantly tells us to look into things about eh real folks to help provide insight for the characters in the books....) And I found this in the Catholic Encyclopedia:

But perhaps the most interesting fact connected with this early stage of her mission is a letter of one Sire de Rotslaer written from Lyons on 22 April, 1429, which was delivered at Brussels and duly registered, as the manuscript to this day attests, before any of the events referred to received their fulfilment. The Maid, he reports, said "that she would save Orléans and would compel the English to raise the siege, that she herself in a battle before Orléans would be wounded by a shaft but would not die of it, and that the King, in the course of the coming summer, would be crowned at Reims, together with other things which the King keeps secret."

Which leads me to wonder about the voices - since we know Joan didn't become immortal until Scatty saves her from burning at the stake - long after she began hearing voices (the Catholic Encyclopedia states the real Joan started hearing voices at 13). So, is Joan awakened, like Sophie? We see that she can manipulate her aura, but she really doesn't have any other magic. So how is she able to manipulate her aura the way she does if she isn't awakened? And if she isn't, why does she hear voices the way Sophie does, because Sophie hears the voices that came from the witch when the witch awakened her?

EDIT: for those interested in JoyeuseOne's post - here's a link to the article from National Geographic in April 2007: Joan's Artifacts in Nat Geo.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 5 09 9:08 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ February 05, 2009 11:40 am)
QUOTE (GitRDunn @ January 28, 2009 03:10 am)
[deleted for space )
Scatty still has most of her blood so she wouldn't lose the memories, but what if Joan gained at least some of the memories because of the transfusion?  Another theory I have is (although I think this theory is much less likely) that because they both have pure silver auras, maybe Joan can hear some of what is going on in Sophie's head?

Interesting, as I thought about the source of Joan's voices and her ability to understand Sophie's issues, I wondered about the source of the real Joan of Arc's voices (since we know Michael bases the characters on historical facts, and he constantly tells us to look into things about eh real folks to help provide insight for the characters in the books....) And I found this in the Catholic Encyclopedia:

But perhaps the most interesting fact connected with this early stage of her mission is a letter of one Sire de Rotslaer written from Lyons on 22 April, 1429, which was delivered at Brussels and duly registered, as the manuscript to this day attests, before any of the events referred to received their fulfilment. The Maid, he reports, said "that she would save Orléans and would compel the English to raise the siege, that she herself in a battle before Orléans would be wounded by a shaft but would not die of it, and that the King, in the course of the coming summer, would be crowned at Reims, together with other things which the King keeps secret."

Which leads me to wonder about the voices - since we know Joan didn't become immortal until Scatty saves her from burning at the stake - long after she began hearing voices (the Catholic Encyclopedia states the real Joan started hearing voices at 13). So, is Joan awakened, like Sophie? We see that she can manipulate her aura, but she really doesn't have any other magic. So how is she able to manipulate her aura the way she does if she isn't awakened? And if she isn't, why does she hear voices the way Sophie does, because Sophie hears the voices that came from the witch when the witch awakened her?

EDIT: for those interested in JoyeuseOne's post - here's a link to the article from National Geographic in April 2007: Joan's Artifacts in Nat Geo.

As for her being awakened, remember that they talked about how they didn't have to necessarily be awakened by someone, but learning to use their powers and tap into their auras without having it done all at once via awakening would've taken too long. Also, the Witch wasn't the one to awaken Sophie and the memories didn't come from being awakened. Sophie was awakened by Hekate and then the witch transferred her whole body of knowledge to Sophie (via the mummification technique) to quickly teach her air magic. With the transfer came the Witch's memories. Also, I think she can probably do a lot more than manipulate her aura, but we just haven't seen it yet.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 5 09 10:23 PM

yea, it leads me to wonder, if Jeanne D'arc's powers were awakened, who did it?

Ní bhíonn saoi gan locht.
There's no wise man without fault

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help