Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#21 [url]

Dec 11 08 8:06 PM

I just looked up the quote in the book (p140) and thats actually how its written. Wouldnt of been a surprise if it was my doing! I tend to missing those sneeky silent letters!

And as for the model, i know he is a bit young and its definitely not how i pictured him as well but i was looking for a specific position for how i wanted the fire to come out on his hands. This is the best i found for my idea. When you get too specific, its hard to find what you are looking for online, unless you do your own photoshoot of course!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#22 [url]

Dec 11 08 8:24 PM

QUOTE (baksh @ December 11, 2008 11:33 am)
nice....but he looks a bit too young and shouldn't the spellings be speciality, rather than specialty? well if i m wrong, then sorry....

My dictionary notes that difference in spelling as a british/american thing. You know, like with color vs colour. So it might be different depending on which version of the book you have (flamelssecret/idk.gif but I don't know if that's the case since I only have the version I got here in the US)

p.s. I really like the wallpaper! Well done

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#24 [url]

Dec 15 08 2:20 AM

What do you think Saint Germain's secret strengths are? Nicholas thinks that Francis was an even better student than Dr Dee..and we've seen how strong Dee's magic can be!

QUOTE (The Magician)
"My favorite student, Nicholas added fondly. Certainly my best student."

"Francis trained to be
an alchemist with me. He quickly surpassed me, he added."

your thoughts?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#25 [url]

Dec 15 08 2:36 AM

well he definately seems like he's smarter than dee, i mean he managed to weasel away with both the power of fire magic and immortality and as far as we can tell doesnt answer to an elder. He must be very cunning to get away with that.

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Dec 18 08 6:51 PM

I wonder if he might not be the necromancer. It would certainly be a hidden aspect. And, it would be him acting in a way we haven't seen before. I am also trying to see if I can find a link between that "power" and immortality, since we don't know how Germain is immortal. And something about the fact that the witch doesn't like him keeps nagging at me - so I have been wondering if his abilities on the necromancy front might be why.

And I would agree, I think he is actually much smarter then Dee. Dee is cunning and ruthless, but I think Germain would have to be smarter for him to have found a way to perfect a formula for immortality on his own.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#27 [url]

Dec 21 08 2:16 AM

I wonder if the two immortals living in Paris aren't more familiar with each other than we may realise..

QUOTE (The Magician)
"And we know they haven't been in the city since the
eighteenth century, so let us limit our search to immortals who were around
then." His fingers tapped the keys, filtering the results.
"Seven only. Five are loyal to us."
"And the other two?"
"Catherine de Medici is living off the Rue du Dragon."
"She's not French," Dagon mumbled stickily.
"Well, she was the mother of three French kings," Machiavelli said with a
rare smile. "But she is loyal only to herself ".

So it would seem that Catherine, just like Saint Germain is immortal by her own hand since she is loyal to no Elder...and that Saint Germain may have been a student of one of her relatives...

QUOTE (David Hunter)
"While his birth and upbringing have yet to be fully clarified, it is possible that he was a protege of Gian Gastone, Grand Duke of Tuscany and last of the Medici's"
Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jan 2 09 8:04 PM

On rereading The Magician I came across these quotes:

* The man in the black coat was closer now, and the twins could see that he had a small, almost round face, deeply tanned and piercing blue eyes.
    * The man blinked, eyes moist, and for an instant the pupils winked red.
    * Looking into the helmet, Josh saw Mars Ultor's eyes turn blue and wet, and he felt his own eyes fill with tears in sympathy. Then the god's tears hissed to steam as his eyes blazed red again.
The first two are descriptors of Francis St-Germain; the last is of Mars. I wonder is there a connection here?

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jan 2 09 8:08 PM

well the only connection i think is that they both had blue eyes as original. Whereas Mars' eyes are red cos of the witch's curse(my presumption) and germain's are cos of fire magic(again my presumption).

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Jan 2 09 8:25 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 02, 2009 02:04 pm)
On rereading The Magician I came across these quotes:
    * The man in the black coat was closer now, and the twins could see that he had a small, almost round face, deeply tanned and piercing blue eyes.
    * Looking into the helmet, Josh saw Mars Ultor's eyes turn blue and wet, and he felt his own eyes fill with tears in sympathy. Then the god's tears hissed to steam as his eyes blazed red again.
The first two are descriptors of Francis St-Germain; the last is of Mars. I wonder is there a connection here?

These are not the only times we see eyes change color, sophie's change to silver several times and i know there are other examples all over the place of eyes changing colors momentarily. Its usually a connection to the color of their aura but not always.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jan 2 09 8:32 PM

[QUOTE]I wonder if he might not be the necromancer. It would certainly be a hidden aspect...And something about the fact that the witch doesn't like him keeps nagging at me - so I have been wondering if his abilities on the necromancy front might be why. [/QUOTE]
I thought the Witch didn't like him because he stole his magical powers rather than having them taught to him, perhaps she is just fond of the old ways and prefers the idea of the Elders bestowing their gifts on the worthy rather than them being stolen by the able! Although...I think your theory about him being a necromancer is cool though! It could well be that through talking to the dead he learnt the secret of avoiding death...although surely that is something Perry would know too as her experiences of talking with the dead is surely more prolific?
[QUOTE=Zephfire]I wonder if the two immortals living in Paris aren't more familiar with each other than we may realise..[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE =The Magician ]
"And we know they haven't been in the city since the
eighteenth century, so let us limit our search to immortals who were around
then." His fingers tapped the keys, filtering the results.
"Seven only. Five are loyal to us."
"And the other two?"
"Catherine de Medici is living off the Rue du Dragon."
"She's not French," Dagon mumbled stickily.
"Well, she was the mother of three French kings," Machiavelli said with a
rare smile. "But she is loyal only to herself ". [/QUOTE]
So it would seem that Catherine, just like Saint Germain is immortal by her own hand since she is loyal to no Elder...and that Saint Germain may have been a student of one of her relatives...
[QUOTE =David Hunter]
"While his birth and upbringing have yet to be fully clarified, it is possible that he was a protege of Gian Gastone, Grand Duke of Tuscany and last of the Medici's"
from http://www.jstor.org/pss/3650726 [/QUOTE]
That is interesting too...they must surely know each other at least in passing...although both Dee and Machiavell's alleged 'files of knowledge' are woefully short as neither accounts for Joan being at home when they are planning their ambush...neither mentions her at all!
I wonder could the Medici's be responsible for Germain's immortality somehow, they are widely acknowledged for being very advanced in both the arts and the science...perhaps Catherine and Germain had a relationship at one time and that is how one passed their knowledge to the other. After all, Joan and Germain have been together for a relatively short amount of time. If Germain was involved with Catherine though it must have ended amicably as they inhabit the same city...I get the impression Immortals and Elders don't tolerate the presence of those who've crossed them a la the Witch and Mars, and the Witch and Germain.
[QUOTE]On rereading The Magician I came across these quotes:
The first two are descriptors of Francis St-Germain; the last is of Mars. I wonder is there a connection here? [/QUOTE]
I agree with Baksh I'm afraid, I think Germain's eyes are related to the power in him and not the curse...although (and I know I keep saying although!) Germain knew Mars was beneath the city and was worried about their approach to him...could he have a deeper knowledge of Mars than previously thought?
Goodness, for a large post I've said nothing concrete have I? Get off the fence Mel and commit to an opinion...typical Libran flamelssecret/crazy.gif

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jan 2 09 9:33 PM

I guess one of the reasons why I think there might be a connection is a comment that Michael gave. For some odd reason I can't find it, but it was in reference to a discussion with Zephfire, I think.

The gist of it was a discussion of the two rarest eye colors, and excluding genetic anomolies and disease, this would leave the rarest eye colors to be grey and then green.

Michael's comment to that was something to the effect of he was 'surprised no-one had raised the idea that the characters could be related'...{Gah, why can't I find that quote, I know I saw it on the forum?!}

Anyway, I saw the startling blue eyes of both characters, the turning of the eyes to red of both characters, and wondered about a connection.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jan 2 09 9:48 PM

It's in this thread: http://flamelssecret.9.forumer.com/index.p...t=90&#entry3069

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 02, 2009 03:33 pm)
I guess one of the reasons why I think there might be a connection is a comment that Michael gave.  For some odd reason I can't find it, but it was in reference to a discussion with Zephfire, I think.

The gist of it was a discussion of the two rarest eye colors, and excluding genetic anomolies and disease, this would leave the rarest eye colors to be grey and then green.

Michael's comment to that was something to the effect of he was 'surprised no-one had raised the idea that the characters could be related'...{Gah, why can't I find that quote, I know I saw it on the forum?!}

Anyway, I saw the startling blue eyes of both characters, the turning of the eyes to red of both characters, and wondered about a connection.

QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 27, 2008 03:42 am)
I think that if you exclude genetic anomalies and disease then the two that are left as the naturally occurring rarest eye colours would be grey and green.

Precisely. I'm surprised no-one has raised the idea that the characters may be related...

Michael

user posted image
Aura color:Bright Red/Dark Green
Aura scent: Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Jan 2 09 10:12 PM

flamelssecret/hug2.gif Squee, thank you, LunaAquaVirgo, I was sure that I'd read it here.

Michael hints that there is a connection between 'eye colors' and characters possibly being 'related' to one another.

We see many times when a character eyes flare, the irises change or the pupils change, but I'm really focusing on the eye color itself and then the flare.

Another reason to wonder about a connection is that we're told the previous names of Mars Ultor...Nergal...Ares. Well Ares was the greek god of fire and war. The son of Zues. Prometheus stole fire from Zues. Francis stole fire magic from Prometheus.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jan 2 09 10:21 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 02, 2009 10:12 pm)
flamelssecret/hug2.gif Squee, thank you, LunaAquaVirgo, I was sure that I'd read it here.

Michael hints that there is a connection between 'eye colors' and characters possibly being 'related' to one another.

We see many times when a character eyes flare, the irises change or the pupils change, but I'm really focusing on the eye color itself and then the flare.

Another reason to wonder about a connection is that we're told the previous names of Mars Ultor...Nergal...Ares. Well Ares was the greek god of fire and war. The son of Zues. Prometheus stole fire from Zues. Francis stole fire magic from Prometheus.

Joy, I can only dream of being as quick as you! That's a fab connection! High five!

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jan 4 09 5:57 PM

I really like Saint-Germain, I really hope he's in the correct side flamelssecret/pray.gif

Interesting the relation between 'eye colors' and characters being 'related', maybe in the next book we'll read more about it.

A really interesting connection JoyeuseOne, I agree with Melpomene

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#38 [url]

Jan 9 09 7:37 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 02, 2009 10:12 pm)

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#39 [url]

Jan 9 09 8:19 PM

Rereading the connection between Prometheus and Zeus made me think. Prometheus stole fire from Zeus and gave it to the humani. With fire the humani advanced and could finally create things like iron, which has the ability to take away the elders powers, which means Prometheus in a sense is responsible for the final downfall of the elders.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#40 [url]

Jan 9 09 8:23 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ January 09, 2009 03:19 pm)
Rereading the connection between Prometheus and Zeus made me think.  Prometheus stole fire from Zeus and gave it to the humani.  With fire the humani advanced and could finally create things like iron, which has the ability to take away the elders powers, which means Prometheus in a sense is responsible for the final downfall of the elders.

And Dora too! She was with Prometheus in giving the Humani fire.
EDIT
QUOTE (The Magician)
You have Prometheus and the Witch to thank for that. They brought fire to the first primitive humani. Cooking made it easier for mankind to digest the meat they hunted, allowed them to absorb the nutrients more easily. It kept them warm and safe in their caves, and Prometheus showed them how to use the same fire to harden their tools and weapons.

But Prometheus did do the showing of hardening tools!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help