Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 12 08 2:01 AM

Tags : :

Here you are guys, your place to discuss the Count ..For starters, friend or foe?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Nov 12 08 1:42 PM

Yes there is much mystery surrounding St. Germaine. I think we will have to watch him closely in the future. And i most definately would like to know how he got his immortality as it seems to be unique from any other immortal. I think that fact will give us much needed insight into his character. But i do like that he is not afraid to say, Hey i stole the my fire magic abilities. I think that fact makes him mostly trustworthy but i still think he's hiding something.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 12 08 2:22 PM

a friend for sure, and i think he got immortality with the help of nicholas but he just found a solution to the problem of renewing immortality every month....and i don't think it was that the witch didnt trust him, otherwise y did she sent him to nicholas, but that she didnt like him....u'll see that he says the witch never liked him not trusted and sophie just said that she still doesn't....i think that if she hadn't trusted him she wouldnt have called him and talked to him and give evey detail to him....thats just my opinion....

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Nov 12 08 4:48 PM

QUOTE (baksh @ November 12, 2008 10:22 am)
a friend for sure, and i think he immortality with the help of nicholas but he just found a solution to the problem of renewing immortality every month....and i don't think it was that the witch didnt trust him, otherwise y did she sent him to nicholas, but that she didnt like him....u'll see that he says the witch never liked him not trusted and soophie just said that she still doesn't....i think that if she hadn't trusted him she wouldnt have called him and talked to him and give evey detail to him....thats just my opinion....

I noticed that too - I think it was dislike, not necessarily distrust. I think he is definitely a friend. I am also going to give him the benefit of the doubt since he is Joan's husband and Joan it, in my opinion, clearly a friend.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 12 08 9:24 PM

I think Germain will be neutral in a way. He will help both sides. Because he lied to Flamel. He said that Dee had no idea about the door being metal but Dee did. By the looks of things Germain told Dee. I think Germain helps both sides.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 13 08 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 12, 2008 09:24 pm)
I think Germain will be neutral in a way. He will help both sides. Because he lied to Flamel. He said that Dee had no idea about the door being metal but Dee did. By the looks of things Germain told Dee. I think Germain helps both sides.

i rather think it otherwise, that germain was too busy with himself, and his music that he did not give a thought to machiavelli, and he did not know about the extent of machiavelli's knowledge, when machiavelli thought that nobody apart from himself and dagon, knew about his files., but he turned out to be wrong, as dee knew...and that brings me to another theory, that dagon was dee's spy in machiavelli's camp, as he is the only one who knows that much about machiavelli to know about his secret files....and that makes me think that germain did not know about machiavelli's knowledge, when he said that nobody knew about the house off champs elysees....

and i don't want to sound rude, but it was machiavelli rather than dee who knew about his house off the champs elysees, and i think machiavelli did not know about the door, just about the house and all the entrances to the house, as it was being kept under constant surveilance, and he knew when they entered the house, so ofcourse someone might have seen them enter through that door, and if he would have wanted to tell about the door, then why didnt he tell about joan, as machiavelli did not know about her, as he says that apart from the count, scatty and twins, there wasn't another person in the house, and he also didnt know about her when flamel comes there, and we read again about machiavelli's lack of knowledge about her. and as to the door being metal, it wouldn't have stood against nidhogg, anyways....thats what i think....

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Nov 21 08 3:18 AM

So given that, one who has been bestowed with immortality could conspire to kill the Elder that gave it, so it could never be taken away?

And then that person would be free to make their own decisions.... I wonder if that is the case with Saint-Germain...

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Nov 21 08 2:21 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 20, 2008 09:18 pm)
So given that, one who has been bestowed with immortality could conspire to kill the Elder that gave it, so it could never be taken away?

And then that person would be free to make their own decisions.... I wonder if that is the case with Saint-Germain...

oo now that is an interesting theory... although do we know if St. Germaine learned his fire mastery from an elder or not.... I was under the impression he might have only borrowed the power and would have to give it back some day.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Nov 21 08 2:47 PM

He stole fire magic from Prometheus, then the hook handed man taught him how to use it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Nov 21 08 4:00 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ November 21, 2008 09:21 am)

And then that person would be free to make their own decisions....  I wonder if that is the case with Saint-Germain...

oo now that is an interesting theory... although do we know if St. Germaine learned his fire mastery from an elder or not.... I was under the impression he might have only borrowed the power and would have to give it back some day.

I thought it would be helpful to add that in the Magician, Scatty mentions to St Germain that Prometheus might want fire back someday.
QUOTE (The Magician)
You stole the secret of fire! Josh said.  The Comte de Saint-Germain nodded happily. From Prometheus.  And one of these days my uncle will want it back. Scathach's voice made them both jump. Neither had heard her enter the room. Nicholas is here, she said, and turned away.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Nov 21 08 4:37 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ November 21, 2008 04:00 pm)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ November 21, 2008 09:21 am)

And then that person would be free to make their own decisions....  I wonder if that is the case with Saint-Germain...

I thought it would be helpful to add that in the Magician, Scatty mentions to St Germain that Prometheus might want fire back someday.
QUOTE (The Magician)
You stole the secret of fire! Josh said.  The Comte de Saint-Germain nodded happily. From Prometheus.  And one of these days my uncle will want it back. Scathach's voice made them both jump. Neither had heard her enter the room. Nicholas is here, she said, and turned away.
Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

Nov 21 08 4:46 PM

That's what I've been looking into... although I've not turned over anything we hadn't already figured out.

He became Immortal on his "own", but can't remember how...

The Witch of Endor doesn't like him... He claims it's because he became immortal by his own means...

He stole the Magic of Fire from Prometheus, and was taught to use it by a man who refused to let him speak his name...

He also planted fake gold on land and sold it as gold mines...

So, we know he can be sneaky and underhanded to obtain his own goals.

Would it be that far of a stretch to think that he convinced an Elder to grant him immortality, then killed that Elder?

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Nov 21 08 7:23 PM

I have seen some sources state that he possessed a philosopher's stone. I have seen others that have tied his "immortality" to things he learned in Tibet. Most sources also state he claimed to have met/counseled/spoke with (that is - interacted in some way) with Jesus. I found the following summary to be a good summary of most other sources:

Less well understood are some of the other stories that have been made about the elusive Count: he always appeared about forty years old, popped up from time to time after his official death (on February 27th, 1784), made spot-on, unambiguous prophecies, could transmute matter, and spontaneously teleported to distant locations. This has made him a subject of interest for students of the esoteric. The Theosophists, (of which Ms. Cooper-Oakley was a founding member), considered St. Germain to be one of the hidden immortals who manipulate history. In the 20th century, the "I Am" Activity, and its successors such as Elizabeth Clare Prophet's adherents, elevated St. Germain to the status of a demigod, an 'Ascended Master.'

There is probably a good explanation for some of the anomalies in the narrative. Many of the memoirs of St. Germain were written years after the events, and undoubtedly embellished in the telling. He appears to have been conflated with several other aristocrats with similar last names, which may explain the teleportation rumors. The Count also inspired ridicule, both high and low. Voltaire made a sarcastic comment that the Count was 'a man who knows everything and never dies,' which some have unfortunately taken literally. (I'm guessing that Voltaire meant that it was impossible to get him to shut up!) A contemporary Parisian comedian named Milord Gower had a popular routine in which St. Germain told even more extravagant stories, including having advised Jesus, and some of these gags may have been mixed up with the Count's own tall tales in popular memory. Then there are the imposters. Casanova pretended to be him in 1760 during a trip to Switzerland. Aleister Crowley toyed with the idea of disguising himself as the Count. A mentally ill French man got on TV in 1972 and claimed to be St. Germain.

So was he a time traveler? A vampire? Secret agent of the Illuminati? Or a hoax perpetuated by an unrelated series of charlatans?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 22 08 6:25 AM

Course there are. If humans used 100 percent brain power we could do anything we wanted to do. Some people can use some extra. I mean I can heal myself with thoughts. It is why almost all my scars are gone and my cuts heal fast and I get sick so rarely.

Well for Germain in the book with immortality I am pretty sure that he got it on his own. He strikes me as an honest guy.

And when I break down the Magician we will see even more.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 23 08 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 22, 2008 06:25 am)
Course there are. If humans used 100 percent brain power we could do anything we wanted to do. Some people can use some extra. I mean I can heal myself with thoughts. It is why almost all my scars are gone and my cuts heal fast and I get sick so rarely.

Well for Germain in the book with immortality I am pretty sure that he got it on his own. He strikes me as an honest guy.

And when I break down the Magician we will see even more.

well, remember -:

QUOTE (Dumbledore @ The Philosopher's Stone)
"Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground."

Just joking guys, well, yeah that was what i said, nothing is impossible, anything can be done by the force of mind....i was saying that for a few who might not know about it....

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 23 08 11:52 PM

Yes but in the books the magic is being used from auras. You do not need increased brain power to tap into auric energy. You just need to focus a different area of the brain. You could in theory do like magic without tapping into auric energy if you used increased brain power. It would stop the combusting thing. Remember if you use too much magic at once you combust?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Dec 11 08 4:33 PM

nice....but he looks a bit too young and shouldn't the spellings be speciality, rather than specialty? well if i m wrong, then sorry....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help