Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 22 11 8:12 AM

Tags : :

So you've finished already! What did you think? Let's hear all about your thoughts and theories! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

**SPOILER WARNING!!** If you haven't had the chance to read the story yet be warned that this thread is likely to contain spoilers, if you do not wish to see spoilers then you should leave this thread now!

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 22 11 2:00 PM

I've finished it! Thank you so much, Michael Scott. This had a big surprise in it--I expected that if Cuchulain (a.k.a. Setanta) ever appeared in the series, he would be on he side of the good. After coming across him while researching Scathach, I expected he would make an appearance somewhere, but I didn't expect that it would be in the short story! Great writing, and thank you again!

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!"
-Leonardo da Vinci
"It is best to be both feared and loved; however, if one cannot be both, it is better to be feared than loved."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

JLB

Sorcerer

#2 [url]

Nov 23 11 2:46 AM

Wow...just wow. Amazing story, I neverin a million years saw that part about Cuchulain coming. Also, in chapter 6 I believe, the part with Scatty wearing aviators, that just sounds really epic. ( or at least the picture in my head is)

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

#3 [url]

Nov 23 11 6:27 PM

I loved reading this short story! I'm glad there was some mention of Pandora and it was great to read what the Morrigans aura smelled like. I have a lot of theories brewing! I like Billy even more now. The story between Scathach and Cuchulain made me sad, I have been wondering when the death spear was going to pop up.

#4 [url]

Nov 23 11 7:10 PM

The story was amazing! Just read it now flamelssecret/clap3.gif But that Scatty had to kill cucluhain (spelled) was so sad. The elder he served must really have corrupted him... don't know how he could blame Scatty... so sad T.T

``There is a time when you are rigth, and you know you must figth´´ Michael Jackson
εν το παν - All is one

#5 [url]

Nov 25 11 11:39 PM

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I liked it a lot! it was pretty awesome. I loved the bit when Billy crashed the car into the cucubuths and was just like "Get in the car! We are going to Vegas! SOMEBODY IS GONNA PAY FOR THIS!"
I thought it was really sad when Scatty killed Setanta/Cuchulain. I was glad however that she went and released all the evils into his elder master's shadowrealm.
I agree that it was a pretty awesome snapshot of both characters. I especially liked how we got to see more of Billy's personality.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

#6 [url]

Nov 28 11 6:22 AM

I have a feeling that given the circumstances that Billy was in when we last heard from him we will definitely get to see some of his personality come out in the Enchantress. It was by far my favorite part of the short story. I loved how honorable he was, also it was really cool to get a glimpse into some of the other relationships that both he and especially Scatty had with other immortals or Elders.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

#7 [url]

Nov 29 11 5:50 AM

A little bit slow on the upkeep, but I really enjoyed the story! It was really interesting to learn more about Billy's and Scatty's backgrounds. I especially loved the expansion of Billy's character that we saw. He's definitely moving up my rankings, favorite character-wise. Hopefully he and Scatty will have a few more adventures together!

Thanks so much Michael!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

#8 [url]

Dec 5 11 7:05 PM

Finished this over the weekend! I loved it! It was longer than the Joan of Arc story, and it had some great extras in it! These short stories keep us going while we wait for the Enchantress! I'm probably not alone in my hopes for more to come!

*Morgandalf!*

#9 [url]

Dec 6 11 12:08 AM

wow that was such a good story, I love how Scatty has that secret friendship with Billy I hope Michael writes a sequel to this story, cant wait for the next lost story!!

user posted image
Aura: Emerald
Scent: Sage

#10 [url]

Dec 6 11 5:05 PM

That story was so great! I finished it the same day it came out.

user posted image
"Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though." - Douglas Adams
"What a crazy random happenstance!" - Billy-Buddy
Immortal - Ravenclaw - State Alchemist (The Antimatter Alchemist) - Gambit Galloway (Adept) - Dranaei Hunter
Aura: Color: Seafoam Green. Scent: Roses. Elder Master: Loki.

Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Dec 19 11 6:16 PM

There was something interesting that I sort of noticed at the back of my head. In the story, Billy says he has already met the Morrigan, then in the Sorceress, he introduces himself to the Morrigan (who at this point is being controlled by the Babd and Macha) as if he has never met her. Any theories on this?

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

#12 [url]

Dec 19 11 10:38 PM

That type of thing happens quite a bit in the series. I wouldn't call it an introduction as much as I would a reintroduction of sorts. Sometimes Elders remember bit often they do not. They view many of them immortal humani as beneath them.

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

#13 [url]

Dec 21 11 2:16 AM

That's one explanation. I was sort of speculating it might reveal something about Billy's character that when possesion of the Morrigan's body changed, he (re)introduced himself as if he knew she was a different person. I may just be crazy, I don't know.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Dec 21 11 3:05 AM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ December 20, 2011 09:16 pm)
That's one explanation. I was sort of speculating it might reveal something about Billy's character that when possesion of the Morrigan's body changed, he (re)introduced himself as if he knew she was a different person. I may just be crazy, I don't know.

well it could be that or it could be that he was again trying to hide the fact from machiavelli that he knew of other next generation. Or he might not of recognized her because of the different eye colors.

#15 [url]

Dec 21 11 4:05 PM

She did have on sunglasses, which was part of why Machiavelli didn't realize possession had changed. But your right, he might have just been trying to conceal what he knew.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

#16 [url]

Dec 24 11 3:17 PM

This is the second book I've recently read with Cuchulain in it. Now I want to read the original mythology of him. Does anyone have a good suggestion for an Irish mythology book with him in it?

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

#17 [url]

Dec 30 11 4:27 PM

Why did Scatty not disappear into dust along with the other Vamps at the end of the Billy mini-novel when the sun came up? Does is have to do with the fact that she's not a blood/flesh eater?

#18 [url]

Dec 30 11 5:38 PM

Different vampyres have different abilities and weaknesses. Given that Scatty is over ten thousand years old she is of the original clan vampyre and has a much different makeup from the legends that we are all familiar.

user posted image

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Dec 30 11 11:55 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ December 30, 2011 12:38 pm)
Different vampyres have different abilities and weaknesses. Given that Scatty is over ten thousand years old she is of the original clan vampyre and has a much different makeup from the legends that we are all familiar.

she is also not a blood drinker like the other vampyres that were at the hotel. Scatty is a vampire with an I and the others were vampyres with a y.

#20 [url]

Jan 2 12 9:11 PM

I say, is there ever going to be an official book release, or will it be just an ebook exclusive forever? I'm pretty sure lots of fans who don't own those electronics really must be desperate for the two books.

Please just call me Pi3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751...

user posted image
Aura color: Purple
Aura scent: Grapes

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help