Remove this ad

#821 [url]

Oct 20 11 8:20 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 20, 2011 12:27 am)
QUOTE (adVinci @ October 19, 2011 10:17 am)
QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 19, 2011 01:12 am)
QUOTE (Shadow Knight @ October 13, 2011 01:23 am)
I think that maybe Mach has a bit more control than Mars, and Mach is a lot more awesome.

Yeah, Mach seemed always to be in control of himself than any other characters.

The control of emotions and feelings was necessary for Machiavelli, perhaps, because his control over himself allowed him to hide his distaste for some of the Dark Elders and their servants. Anyways, this complete control is one thing I admire about him.

Yeah, being able to control yourself does give you advantage, like thinking right amidst the chaos.. I admire him too.

I wonder if in real history, if Machiavelli was able to control his emotions very well? Sorry if this seems rather flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif , although it still is about Machiavelli....

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!"
-Leonardo da Vinci
"It is best to be both feared and loved; however, if one cannot be both, it is better to be feared than loved."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#822 [url]

Oct 20 11 8:41 AM

I think that question is for Mr. Scott to answer.

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#823 [url]

Oct 20 11 1:11 PM

QUOTE (adVinci @ October 20, 2011 08:20 am)
I wonder if in real history, if Machiavelli was able to control his emotions very well? Sorry if this seems rather  flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif , although it still is about Machiavelli....

You are actually on track since you are talking about Machiavelli, a member of the Admin/Mod team will definitely pop in when you are straying off topic. And please use the off topic smiley sparingly as it might put off newer members from joining the discussion.

I think he held his composure the same way he does in the series, the characters were after based on the historical figures

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Arantir

Spellcaster

#824 [url]

Oct 20 11 3:49 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ October 20, 2011 07:11 am)
QUOTE (adVinci @ October 20, 2011 08:20 am)
I wonder if in real history, if Machiavelli was able to control his emotions very well? Sorry if this seems ratherĀ  flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif , although it still is about Machiavelli....

You are actually on track since you are talking about Machiavelli, a member of the Admin/Mod team will definitely pop in when you are straying off topic. And please use the off topic smiley sparingly as it might put off newer members from joining the discussion.

I think he held his composure the same way he does in the series, the characters were after based on the historical figures

He probably did, seeing as he was a master planner.

user posted image

Aura Color: Aquamarine Aura Scent: Ocean Spray
Mastered Magic: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Ice, Aether, Lost Arts
Weapons: Zanmato, Elemental Blade of Light, Zwill Crossblade, Double Dagger of Wind
Mastered Arts: Necromancy, Summoning

Quote    Reply   

#825 [url]

Oct 20 11 4:01 PM

and considering he was never assassinated in the court, i would believe that he and his character have some similarities... ether way i like both of them

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent: leather

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   

#826 [url]

Oct 20 11 11:22 PM

I thinking he was very cunning and that saved him from assassination many times. But I think this Mach is very much like the real Mach.

user posted image
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#827 [url]

Oct 21 11 2:07 AM

If anybody has read his political treatise 'the prince' he writes with a very calm and calculated demeanor, and whenever he reaches part of his work that might anger Lorenzo Medici he writes it very gently and thoroughly explains what he says. Machiavelli must have kept his composure as he thrived in one of europes' most volatile courts. I'm of the opinion that mr. Scott has done him justice.

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   

#828 [url]

Oct 24 11 3:19 AM

Maybe Mr. Scott based Mach's character from Mach's own books does reflecting his real trait in the series..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#829 [url]

Oct 24 11 3:11 PM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 24, 2011 11:19 am)
Maybe Mr. Scott based Mach's character from Mach's own books does reflecting his real trait in the series..

Not only Machiavelli but all the immortals in the books reflect the traits of the real people on which they are based from.
Even the Elders, they reflect the traits of the mythological characters on which they are based from.

This is because the Immortals, Elders, and other races in the books are supposed to be the real historical and mythological characters.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#830 [url]

Oct 25 11 1:14 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 24, 2011 03:11 pm)

Not only Machiavelli but all the immortals in the books reflect the traits of the real people on which they are based from.
Even the Elders, they reflect the traits of the mythological characters on which they are based from.

This is because the Immortals, Elders, and other races in the books are supposed to be the real historical and mythological characters.

I guess you were right, it's that the characters were portrayed like they were all alive..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#831 [url]

Nov 13 11 5:30 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 24, 2011 08:14 pm)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 24, 2011 03:11 pm)

I guess you were right, it's that the characters were portrayed like they were all alive..

yes because the whole point is supposed to be that the real charterers from history/ mythology never died and these are the real people. so they are portrayed with the same traits as the real historical figures. but isn't this getting a bit off topic, as it is not exactly about Niccolo Machiavelli. (this is totally random but he has an awesome name! don't ask i just love that name.)

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   

#832 [url]

Nov 22 11 2:15 PM

QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ October 21, 2011 02:07 am)
If anybody has read his political treatise 'the prince' he writes with a very calm and calculated demeanor, and whenever he reaches part of his work that might anger Lorenzo Medici he writes it very gently and thoroughly explains what he says. Machiavelli must have kept his composure as he thrived in one of europes' most volatile courts. I'm of the opinion that mr. Scott has done him justice.

Many people, including me, would agree with you; however, I think that some people believe that Niccolo Machiavelli may have written "The Prince" as a satire.... But, I do think that Michael Scott's depiction of Machiavelli is very good! I wonder if/how Machiavelli and Billy the Kid escape the Alcatraz cell, in "The Enchantress"? (don't we all)

-Leonardo da Vinci
"It is best to be both feared and loved; however, if one cannot be both, it is better to be feared than loved."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   

#833 [url]

Nov 25 11 11:42 PM

I'm pretty sure that Billy is just going to pick the lock or something... Maybe Mach will use a spell. that is if Dee even bothered to lock it. I would think the sphinx would sorta eliminate the need for locks.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#834 [url]

Nov 26 11 6:03 AM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ November 25, 2011 11:42 pm)
I'm pretty sure that Billy is just going to pick the lock or something... Maybe Mach will use a spell. that is if Dee even bothered to lock it. I would think the sphinx would sorta eliminate the need for locks.

Hmmm... that is interesting.... whether or not Dee even locked it. If he didn't, maybe if it isn't only because of the Sphinx, but also because HE was there.... You know he does have confidence in his powers. If he didn't lock it, Machiavelli and Billy might just fight off the Sphinx and get out (I'll be interested to see how that happens, if it does).

-Leonardo da Vinci
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   

#835 [url]

Nov 27 11 2:33 AM

QUOTE (adVinci @ November 26, 2011 01:03 am)
QUOTE (cedargirl @ November 25, 2011 11:42 pm)

Hmmm... that is interesting.... whether or not Dee even locked it. If he didn't, maybe if it isn't only because of the Sphinx, but also because HE was there.... You know he does have confidence in his powers. If he didn't lock it, Machiavelli and Billy might just fight off the Sphinx and get out (I'll be interested to see how that happens, if it does).

hmmm... i have a feeling he didnt. and i dont think mach. would use his aura because doesnt the sphinx drain your aura? i can't wait to see how it all plays out!

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   

#836 [url]

Nov 27 11 4:30 AM

Well we have read that Sphinx's are incredibly hard to kill, almost impossible. But we have to think who we have going against it here, Mach. Mach will inevitably find someway to kill the Sphinx and get freed.

user posted image
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#837 [url]

Nov 27 11 5:46 AM

Right Shad0w Knight. But there's one flaw on this particular Sphinx, she isn't that bright. I believe Mach and Billy will get out of Alcatraz.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#838 [url]

Nov 27 11 5:24 PM

As do I. Mach's intelligence combined with Billy's stupidity is sure to make a deadly combination. Sure they can't use their auras' but they don't have to use them for everything. They could just feed the sphinx to one of the creatures. Or Mars could slay it with his sword.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#839 [url]

Nov 28 11 12:19 AM

Hey, I object. Billy is not stupid. He is inexperienced. But i do agree his resourcefulness combined with Mach's intelligence make a formidable combination.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#840 [url]

Nov 28 11 5:41 PM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ November 28, 2011 12:19 am)
Hey, I object. Billy is not stupid. He is inexperienced. But i do agree his resourcefulness combined with Mach's intelligence make a formidable combination.

Yeah that's what I meant but you knew what I was saying.

I do hope that Mach will fight a lot in this one. I wonder how the Flamels will receive him and Billy. Though I'm sure Mach will do some talking. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help