Remove this ad

leafy

#61 [url]

Aug 7 12 9:24 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 07, 2012 08:25 pm)
QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 07, 2012 06:19 pm)
I don't think location association had anything to do with it- the guy was too stupid to get out of Death Valley and instead decided to sit there and waste his aura stopping himself from sweating.

Could the flute, then, be Ancient in origin? It's too gentle to be Archon, not beastial enough to be Earthlord, and we already know that a lot of people suspect that Abraham had some Ancient blood in him as the Ancients spoke of an aged teacher. I'm thinking Abraham was part-Great Elder part-Ancient which is why the enchantment on the Codex functions in a similar way to the enchantment on the flute- it's the Ancients' version of a personal lock.

It could be an ancient. However, we know that the swords and the flutes both have mystory origins-could Marethyu have been associated with creating them?
Also, I believe that some Elders, like Egyptian elders, may have been able to survive Death valley, at least long enough to escape. Location may or may not have had anything to do with it, but, in my expierance, someone who grew up in the dessert is likely to survive longer without resorting to using something like an aura to keep them worm, as opposed to someone who grew up in a cooler climate, who immediately uses their last chance. However, I agree that they were most likely not a nature god, or one able to travel quickly, as would be needed to escape death valley.

I think maybe Marethyu did create that flute somehow and placed it there and led Virginia Dare to get it.

Thus maybe why Marethyu, being the creator of the flute, can not be affected by it's powers.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#62 [url]

Aug 8 12 1:38 AM

QUOTE (leafy @ August 07, 2012 09:24 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 07, 2012 08:25 pm)
QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 07, 2012 06:19 pm)
I don't think location association had anything to do with it- the guy was too stupid to get out of Death Valley and instead decided to sit there and waste his aura stopping himself from sweating.

Could the flute, then, be Ancient in origin? It's too gentle to be Archon, not beastial enough to be Earthlord, and we already know that a lot of people suspect that Abraham had some Ancient blood in him as the Ancients spoke of an aged teacher. I'm thinking Abraham was part-Great Elder part-Ancient which is why the enchantment on the Codex functions in a similar way to the enchantment on the flute- it's the Ancients' version of a personal lock.

It could be an ancient. However, we know that the swords and the flutes both have mystory origins-could Marethyu have been associated with creating them?
Also, I believe that some Elders, like Egyptian elders, may have been able to survive Death valley, at least long enough to escape. Location may or may not have had anything to do with it, but, in my expierance, someone who grew up in the dessert is likely to survive longer without resorting to using something like an aura to keep them worm, as opposed to someone who grew up in a cooler climate, who immediately uses their last chance. However, I agree that they were most likely not a nature god, or one able to travel quickly, as would be needed to escape death valley.

I think maybe Marethyu did create that flute somehow and placed it there and led Virginia Dare to get it.

Thus maybe why Marethyu, being the creator of the flute, can not be affected by it's powers.

Yes, i did not think of that, but being one of the creators of the items, he can not be affected by them. It is a possibility.

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Aug 8 12 5:56 PM

@hippogriff- I hadn't really taken that into consideration, but now that I have it makes a lot of sense.

Hmm... It is possible that Marethyu created the flute- after all, he controls Aether, and travels through time. It would make sense that he would know magic that other people wouldn't. Still- the possibility is open that it is, in fact, Ancient magic as that seems to be a dominant trait of Abraham- who is also associated with this artifact.

Please remember that the use of the @ symbol is strictly restricted to GC3, you may use the 'Quote' button to reply to a post instead. Thanks ~ Moviebuff

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#64 [url]

Aug 8 12 9:25 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 08, 2012 05:56 pm)
@hippogriff- I hadn't really taken that into consideration, but now that I have it makes a lot of sense.

Hmm... It is possible that Marethyu created the flute- after all, he controls Aether, and travels through time. It would make sense that he would know magic that other people wouldn't. Still- the possibility is open that it is, in fact, Ancient magic as that seems to be a dominant trait of Abraham- who is also associated with this artifact.

Please remember that the use of the @ symbol is strictly restricted to GC3, you may use the 'Quote' button to reply to a post instead. Thanks ~ Moviebuff

Oh, great theory. That makes a lot of sense, and Abraham may be associatted with its creation.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#65 [url]

Aug 10 12 3:04 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 08, 2012 04:25 pm)

Oh, great theory. That makes a lot of sense, and Abraham may be associatted with its creation.

Remember that some of the artifacts that Abraham has was collected by Marethyu, and we know that Abraham directed Dare to find the "Elder Flute" (as Billy the Kid refers to it). She also notices that she gets the same feeling from the Emerald Tablet that she gets when she uses her flute. And, in the presence of Marethyu the flute becomes painfully hot and throbs.

None of which gets us any closer to the flutes origin.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#66 [url]

Aug 11 12 12:46 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 10, 2012 03:04 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 08, 2012 04:25 pm)

Remember that some of the artifacts that Abraham has was collected by Marethyu, and we know that Abraham directed Dare to find the "Elder Flute" (as Billy the Kid refers to it). She also notices that she gets the same feeling from the Emerald Tablet that she gets when she uses her flute. And, in the presence of Marethyu the flute becomes painfully hot and throbs.

True, but there is certainly a way to connect them all.
Unfortunantly, I am not aware of that way, and until one of us is, they are just a bunch of random facts.
However, the elder flute thing is interesting...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#67 [url]

Sep 1 12 2:04 AM

Well, I have a funny sense of allusion to the books Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen. The Abhorsen is a type of necromancer but they make them walk back into Death. The seven bells that they carry are similar to Dare's flute ; Ranna the Sleepbringer, Mosrael the Waker, Kibeth the Walker, Dyrim the Speaker, Belgaer the Thinker, Saraneth the Binder and Astarael the Weeper. Just saying.

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Sep 1 12 3:52 AM

I hope Mr. Scott would provide clues about the Flute's origins. I'm really interested in knowing it's history.

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#69 [url]

Sep 1 12 3:14 PM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ September 01, 2012 03:52 am)

I hope Mr. Scott would provide clues about the Flute's origins. I'm really interested in knowing it's history.

Yes, i am too, and Aethermagic, that is interesting, where is that from again?

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Sep 2 12 8:02 AM

It's from the books of the Old Kingdom Series Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#71 [url]

Sep 2 12 4:00 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 02, 2012 08:02 am)
It's from the books of the Old Kingdom Series Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen

Ok, thanks for that information.

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Sep 3 12 7:48 AM

No problem.

user posted image

Quote    Reply