Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Apr 1 12 12:05 PM

yes i think you may be right about pan

aura color: brown(red and green) with gray blue spirals aura scent: drying blood 

life and death go hand in hand one can not exist with out the other.
 my mastered elements: all of the elemental magics,imagination,time,and war
.They were looking for it to but they weren't good enough 
-Mordred..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#44 [url]

Jun 12 12 1:23 AM

I wonder if will ever be explained why elders can't touch the artifacts. Was Osiris faking when he touched the flute, since he was an earthlord, so he should have been able to touch it?

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jun 14 12 11:57 AM

Miss Dare found the flute at a cave in The Grand Canyon.
We learned about it from the emerald tablet that Abraham wrote for Virginia.
I wonder if there are other artifacts in that cave... flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 14 12 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ June 29, 2011 03:42 pm)
I've realized that when Billy states that Virginia's flute is Elder he could be implying the material it is made out of...box elder, a cave (Broken Flute cave) in Arizona was discovered in 1931 which held flutes made out of Box Elder dating back to 671 A.D.

so perhaps this guess was correct?!

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jun 17 12 5:11 AM

Can the artifacts nullify each other? Because when Josh had Clarent and Excalibur in the last book, I think someone said they nullify each other. And when Dare threatens to hypnotize Marethyu for answers, he says they don't affect him, so this could be because of his hook, so maybe the artifacts cancel each other out.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jun 17 12 8:59 AM

QUOTE (Coolasian @ June 16, 2012 10:11 pm)
Can the artifacts nullify each other? Because when Josh had Clarent and Excalibur in the last book, I think someone said they nullify each other. And when Dare threatens to hypnotize Marethyu for answers, he says they don't affect him, so this could be because of his hook, so maybe the artifacts cancel each other out.

I think it depends on the artifact in question. For Dare's flute we know that it only answers to her so to speak.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#50 [url]

Jun 17 12 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Coolasian @ June 17, 2012 01:11 pm)

Marethyu when talking to aten said excalibur and clarent usy nallify each other

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#51 [url]

Jun 17 12 6:26 PM

QUOTE (Coolasian @ June 17, 2012 12:11 am)

This is just speculation on my part, but i think its more a product of what marethyu is. The flute appears to work on living things but marrethyu isnt technically alive as he is death. So I imagine that has something to do with why the flute has no affect on him.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 24 12 1:42 AM

The flute was found in the Grand Canyon, as stated earlier, but is a shame we will never know more than that, nor who her Elder was....I do like the Pan theories

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#53 [url]

Jul 24 12 2:36 AM

QUOTE (jrjones726 @ July 24, 2012 01:42 am)
The flute was found in the Grand Canyon, as stated earlier, but is a shame we will never know more than that, nor who her Elder was....I do like the Pan theories

I believe that eventually we may be told who the elder is in a short story or something. Or, we may never know.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 28 12 2:04 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 24, 2012 02:36 am)

I believe that eventually we may be told who the elder is in a short story or something. Or, we may never know.

I sure hope so!! Maybe in the Machivelli files??

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#55 [url]

Jul 28 12 2:06 PM

QUOTE (jrjones726 @ July 28, 2012 02:04 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 24, 2012 02:36 am)

I sure hope so!! Maybe in the Machivelli files??

Yeah, that is a goo theory, perhaps in the Machiavelli files. If even Machiavelli knows...

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Aug 7 12 6:34 AM

I doubt that Machiavelli knows who Dare's master was. I really would like to know though. I'd also like to know if the flute is Elder in origin, or something older. But we'll probably never know. All we do know, is that Dare's master was well respected by Elder and Dark Elder alike- and a lot of people were upset with her killing him. I think Odin mentions something about wanting to get revenge on her because her master was a close friend of his. Could be wrong though.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#58 [url]

Aug 7 12 4:09 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ August 07, 2012 03:22 pm)
The flute uses the same kind of magic as the codex. Osiris can't touch the flute without hurting himself.

Yes, but Osiris is not an Elder, which makes you wonder...
Ok, I agree that Dare's elder dying disturbed a lot of friends of his, but she had to flute to protect herself, and Marethyu, although she did not know it.
Well, now we know that the flute is no cliue to the identity of her elder, although apparently her elder is not desert god, and may have been a water or coastal god, being so easily killed by the desert, or maybe someplace cool or cold like that.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Aug 7 12 6:19 PM

I don't think location association had anything to do with it- the guy was too stupid to get out of Death Valley and instead decided to sit there and waste his aura stopping himself from sweating.

Could the flute, then, be Ancient in origin? It's too gentle to be Archon, not beastial enough to be Earthlord, and we already know that a lot of people suspect that Abraham had some Ancient blood in him as the Ancients spoke of an aged teacher. I'm thinking Abraham was part-Great Elder part-Ancient which is why the enchantment on the Codex functions in a similar way to the enchantment on the flute- it's the Ancients' version of a personal lock.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#60 [url]

Aug 7 12 8:25 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 07, 2012 06:19 pm)
I don't think location association had anything to do with it- the guy was too stupid to get out of Death Valley and instead decided to sit there and waste his aura stopping himself from sweating.

Could the flute, then, be Ancient in origin? It's too gentle to be Archon, not beastial enough to be Earthlord, and we already know that a lot of people suspect that Abraham had some Ancient blood in him as the Ancients spoke of an aged teacher. I'm thinking Abraham was part-Great Elder part-Ancient which is why the enchantment on the Codex functions in a similar way to the enchantment on the flute- it's the Ancients' version of a personal lock.

It could be an ancient. However, we know that the swords and the flutes both have mystory origins-could Marethyu have been associated with creating them?
Also, I believe that some Elders, like Egyptian elders, may have been able to survive Death valley, at least long enough to escape. Location may or may not have had anything to do with it, but, in my expierance, someone who grew up in the dessert is likely to survive longer without resorting to using something like an aura to keep them worm, as opposed to someone who grew up in a cooler climate, who immediately uses their last chance. However, I agree that they were most likely not a nature god, or one able to travel quickly, as would be needed to escape death valley.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help