Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jun 27 11 3:08 AM

Tags : :

As requested, here's a thread for you to chat about your ideas and theories surrounding Virginia Dare's flute.

Where did it come from? What can it do? Does it only work for Virginia?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Perseus

Spellcaster

#1 [url]

Jun 27 11 3:29 AM

to me it sounds like the flute from the pied piper I believe, from the references of controlling rats and what not, just a guess though

user posted image
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Aura Color Maroon...... Aura Scent Ozone......Elemental: Aether

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#2 [url]

Jun 27 11 3:37 AM

I have to agree with Perseus; it's an interesting poem by Robert Browning. Google "Pied Piper of Hamelin". Note also that all of the rats were drowned - except one, who escaped to tell all the other rats to avoid Hamelin.

When the townspeople reneged on their deal with the Piper, he led all the children of the town away ... "Did I say 'all'? No, one was lame." The one surviving child told the townspeople of the wonderful things they would have had IF they had paid the piper....

Perhaps something similar will happen involving all the Dark Elders (except one who lives to tell about the experience...).

Play on, Virginia!

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:50 PM

there is a reference that she learned a tune from a man who was a rat catcher but i dont think thats where she originally got the flute from. Its possible but i imagine based on the magic that comes from the flute its far far older than any human. Its probably elder or archon technology or maybe something even older.

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#5 [url]

Jun 27 11 2:15 PM

According to my not that trustworthy memory Billy said he thought it was an Elder flute

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Jun 27 11 2:47 PM

Here's the quote you are looking for:

QUOTE (The Warlock)
“Dee’s not interested in the creatures, because he gathered them and knows what’s here,” Billy continued, “and Virginia is not interested either, because she’s either fought them in the past or knows that her Elder flute will protect her.” He cocked his head to one side, considering. “Or maybe because she knows that she is far more dangerous than they are.”

Quote    Reply   

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#7 [url]

Jun 27 11 4:32 PM

I suppose it's Pan's flute. Pan is a god after all, hence, there will be nothing more unusual for him to have been an Elder. He is a main deity.

He is believed to be the god of the wild including hunting, rustic music, shepherds, some aspects of nature. He is also a companion of the nymphs. (here I gather a connection with the dark elders, Nereus being the father of the Nymphs)

Although, her flute is probably not in this form.... Made me wonder...

After all, the pan flute and the common flute are very different in appearance. I believe her flute is of the one-pipe-type.

Actually, do you guys know if we have a clear statement on the flute's outer looks or...? Because i can recall reading about Dare "putting the flute in her lips", "tapping it on her lower lip" and so on... but I cannot recall reading anything about the "thin flute" or... idk...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#8 [url]

Jun 27 11 5:07 PM

QUOTE (justmeandi @ June 27, 2011 04:32 pm)
do you guys know if we have a clear statement on the flute's outer looks

Here are a few quotes:

QUOTE (The Necromancer)
Finally, she unwrapped a carved wooden flute from a leather cover, put the flute to her lips, closed her eyes, and blew gently.

QUOTE (The Necromancer)
The ravens watched the slender female figure step out of the shadows, a long wooden flute pressed to her lips.

and
QUOTE (The Necromancer)
The Magician stepped over the crumpled body, looked around at the sleeping guards and nodded in approval. He turned to regard the flute, tilting his head to one side to look at the hints of a spiral design running the length of the instrument.

Also, with the last quote Dee assumed it was a gift from Virginia's Elder, which she replied to with a non-answer saying "I have no master."

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Jun 27 11 6:46 PM

Here's a quote that suggests that it is a single stick flute, and not a pan flute:

QUOTE (The Warlock)
Virginia twirled her flute in her fingers, the sudden movement sending a quartet of notes rushing through it. They hung on the heavy air.

I did theorize on the Dee & Dare podcast that perhaps Dare's flute is just one pipe from a pan flute, or THE pan flute I should say.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 29 11 3:42 PM

I've realized that when Billy states that Virginia's flute is Elder he could be implying the material it is made out of...box elder, a cave (Broken Flute cave) in Arizona was discovered in 1931 which held flutes made out of Box Elder dating back to 671 A.D.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#11 [url]

Jun 30 11 9:29 PM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ June 29, 2011 08:42 am)
I've realized that when Billy states that Virginia's flute is Elder he could be implying the material it is made out of...box elder, a cave (Broken Flute cave) in Arizona was discovered in 1931 which held flutes made out of Box Elder dating back to 671 A.D.

I've considered that also, Mandragora. There are other "Elder" items in other stories that owe their name to the tree.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 9 11 6:08 PM

QUOTE (Jef @ June 27, 2011 02:15 pm)
According to my not that trustworthy memory Billy said he thought it was an Elder flute

I remember Odin thinking to himself that she recived the Elder Flute from her Elder Master. I think she got the flute before she had led the people (or creatures) to her master.

A bird does not sing becuse it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Aura Color: Purple Aura Scent: Snake Race: Great Elder Great Change: Has turned kind of like a shadow.
Elemental Magics: Fire, Air, Water, and Earth

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jul 13 11 7:29 PM

I think Virginia Dare's Master was Pan. And after she killed Pan she stole his flute. I think this because Pan had a flute and he mysteriously died/vanished in legends.

Aura: Amazonian Aqua with a streak of Atlantean Amber
Scent: Watermelon, Pomegrante and Cherries.

"I am older than the Humani, Next Generation, Elders, Archons, Ancients, and even the so called legendary Earthlords. I am one of the First; I am the last of the First."

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 14 11 6:52 PM

Pan had a pan flute, but Dare has a regular one (at least everyone thinks so, can't recall any thing that confirms this), so they can't be the same. However, some people have theorized, that her flute is one of the pipes of Pan's flute.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 20 11 3:29 AM

QUOTE (JLB @ July 19, 2011 12:49 pm)
I like that theory...mind if I adopt it as my own?

sure JLB! it goes well with her American roots. there are also other members here who have come up with the same theory.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jul 31 11 7:38 PM

I think Dare will be the Enchantress, since she has that flute.

I agree!

Aura: White Scent: Winter Learned: Necromancy, Alchemy, Fire
I have the gift of Foresight... I know Marethyu...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein
Anyone seen any of the Stargate shows?
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 5 11 8:46 AM

QUOTE (poeyfurry @ June 27, 2011 02:08 pm)
I think Billy said that it was an Elder flute.

somewhere in the warlock dare said that her flute is from the time of the earthlords flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help