Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jun 19 11 12:01 AM

It must be.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jun 20 11 12:06 AM

The process through which I have went through to come to my choice as to who The Warlock is is a very lengthy and tricky one.

Before The Warlock is published, I have been looking for clues as to who The Warlock might be. [aren't we all? ]

I tried looking at the titular characters of the previous books to generate an idea of who the Warlock might be.
There's Nicholas, Dee, Perenelle, and Josh. They are main characters of the series. If this is the case, shouldn't The Warlock (and The Enchantress as well, of course) be named after a main character also? I thought of Machiavelli (and Sophie for the Enchantress). After all, Machiavelli is one of my favorites.

Later on, I got another clue from Awakenings Episode 13 (53:50).
Someone asked Michael, "have we met the humani, immortal, and Elder who are Warlocks by the end of book three?" Michael's answer was no. Then, one of the podcast's hosts asked a follow-up question, "have we met the Warlock by the end of book four?" Michael answered yes. Then he revised his answer to "candidates."
Since I am very particular about a branch of Philosophy called Logic, for a very long time, the way I understand this conversation is this: if we haven't met the Warlock (or candidates) by the end of book three, but we would have met the Warlock (or candidates) by the end of book four, then the Warlock (or candidates) is a new character we've met on book four.

This logic made it clear that the Warlock can't be Machiavelli.
However, I really want Machiavelli to be the titular character of book five. So I tried, again and again, to find a loophole in the logic:
maybe Michael changed his mind,
or maybe he's still thinking who will be the Warlock,
or maybe I just misinterpreted the conversation,
or maybe there's something more to it that I didn't spot.

Not until recently did I find a possible explanation: Upon reading The Warlock, I learned that we have met some candidates by the end of book three (Mach & Billy) but we only met all the candidates by the end of book four (Aten). Maybe Mr. Scott is answering the question of when we would have met ALL the candidates rather than when we would have met some of the candidates for the Warlock.
We would have met some candidates by the end of book three, but not until by the end of book four would we meet all the candidates.
This implies that the Warlock could come from any of the first four books.

There was a time that Mr. Scott said that The Warlock might not be an immortal humani. This is probably because of Aten, who is called a waerloga in The Warlock. But then, he said "might." It's still possible that it's Machiavelli.

Now, I can no longer worry about guessing that The Warlock is Machiavelli. flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jun 20 11 1:45 AM

I missed that Awakenings, but I am going to be a resolute and annoying person and insist that the Wearloga is our friend Niccolo.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jun 20 11 7:56 PM

There are several Warlocks in thsi book but I think that it's Mach. And yes, part of my reasoning is that he deserves a titular role because he's awesome. Additionally, he is a primary character (I don't think of Aten and Billy as important enough for the title role and my apologies to anybody who thinks I've insulted them) and he was a Warlock during the course of the book. Finally, we've had hints about Machiavelli changing sides for quite a while now and I think it would be rather disappointing for hsi leagues of fans if his change wasn't the one specified by the title of the book.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#46 [url]

Jun 20 11 8:04 PM

Yeah, he has been with the series since the Magician, proved himself waerloga, the titular characters have always been humani, immortals, he has to be the Warlock

And I also think Sophie is going to be the Enchantress, 'cause Josh also has a title...As some sort of 'balance', otherwise it wouldn't fit, would it?

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 22 11 1:30 AM

i think Aten's the Warlock as the implications of his deed far more exceeds that of Machiavelli's and Billy's decisions. but Machiavelli can be too, as the development of his character to become the Warlock is more detailed, and we're more aware of it.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#48 [url]

Jun 23 11 2:13 PM

I think Mach, but if its not him, then i'd say Aten!!!

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jun 23 11 11:46 PM

I voted Aten, because I feel like he had the most to lose - his life, Danu Talis, his legacy, etc. Not to mention he's not only betraying his people's trust, but their very lives if they can't make it off the island.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 2 11 7:13 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 09, 2011 01:02 pm)
I've been going on and on about this for ages. This book is definitely Niccolo Machiavelli's.

I think the same thing. I just finished The Warlock and I came to the conclusion that it is him.

"Not all who Wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
Aura Color: Navy Blue Aura Sent: Cocoa Butter

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 2 11 7:23 PM

I´m voting Machiavelli, and in any situation where I´d have to choose a specific, I´d say him (because he deserves a book more than anyone), but otherwise I believe Mr. Scott is teasing us a bit by having several Warlocks, each in their own right. I don´t think the book is entitled for anyone specific.

"Let´s not get ahead of ourselves. Instead, why not get ahead of each other?"

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 2 11 7:44 PM

But didn't he say that it would be relatively easy to figure it out...? Then again, he didn't think the Necromancer was hard either. And if Mach isn't the Warlock, he's going to be the Enchantress, even if the Enchantress is a girl. He deserves a titular role so much.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jul 8 11 7:56 PM

I'm pretty sure it's Aten. His title was the only one in the book where "Warlock" was capitalized. Warlock wasn't capitalized for Machiavelli or Billy, so I'm pretty sure it isn't them. Aten is really the only logical answer, even though everyone loves Machiavelli.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 9 11 6:45 PM

I think Machiavelli would be the warloock, but Billy the kid and Aten are pretty high up there too. They all show traits that would fit the warlock desription.

user posted image
Aura: Navy Blue
Scent: Campfire
Magics: Fire

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#55 [url]

Jul 14 11 10:13 PM

I would say Mach is the Warlock, Billy and Aten would also be Warlocks too. And I the humani Warlock was Josh.

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jul 14 11 10:58 PM

If you read it carefully, you would see that the witch of Endor called Mars Ultor a warlock. The correct line is: "The world needs a Warlock." This book refers to Mars Ultor and NOT to Machiaveli. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

"On the top of Notre Dame, Dee and Machiavelli watched as Flamel and the others picked their way through the smoking piles of masonry, heading in the direction of the bridge..."

Michael Scott, "The Magician", page 454, first paragraph.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#57 [url]

Jul 14 11 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Venoturus @ July 14, 2011 04:58 pm)
If you read it carefully, you would see that the witch of Endor called Mars Ultor a warlock. The correct line is: "The world needs a Warlock." This book refers to Mars Ultor and NOT to Machiaveli. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Actually Michael has confirmed the warlock is not mars.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 15 11 4:41 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 14, 2011 11:13 pm)
QUOTE (Venoturus @ July 14, 2011 04:58 pm)
If you read it carefully, you would see that the witch of Endor called Mars Ultor a warlock. The correct line is: "The world needs a Warlock." This book refers to Mars Ultor and NOT to Machiaveli.        flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Actually Michael has confirmed the warlock is not mars.

Really? I wonder who the Warlock is, maybe it's Marethyu?

"On the top of Notre Dame, Dee and Machiavelli watched as Flamel and the others picked their way through the smoking piles of masonry, heading in the direction of the bridge..."

Michael Scott, "The Magician", page 454, first paragraph.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jul 18 11 7:30 PM

Normally, i would go with aten. but i love mach too much to choose otherwise...

user posted image
Aura: Jade
Scent: ocean
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe. And, he's wonderful." ~Doctor Who

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 22 11 10:10 PM

I don't think it's Machiavelli because he is probably the Magician in book two.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help