Remove this ad

merlin67

Spellcaster

#81 [url]

Aug 28 12 8:08 PM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ August 28, 2012 11:44 pm)
It's indeed Greek (just the language one would expect an Egyptian deity to speak, right? ).

The initial "a" is a negative; it turns the meaning of what follows into the opposite meaning. "Thanasia" refers to the act of dying; think "euthanasia.

So "athanasia" refers to one who will never go through the act of dying - or in other words, one who has the gift/curse of immortality.

Pronouncing it backwards sort of hints of the rites of Kabbala, I think.

what is kabbala

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#82 [url]

Aug 29 12 1:27 AM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ August 28, 2012 03:44 pm)
It's indeed Greek (just the language one would expect an Egyptian deity to speak, right? ).

The initial "a" is a negative; it turns the meaning of what follows into the opposite meaning. "Thanasia" refers to the act of dying; think "euthanasia.

So "athanasia" refers to one who will never go through the act of dying - or in other words, one who has the gift/curse of immortality.

Good research. So it means the immortal going through the act of dying.

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#83 [url]

Aug 29 12 5:49 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ August 28, 2012 01:08 pm)
It's indeed Greek (just the language one would expect an Egyptian deity to speak, right?    ).

The initial "a" is a negative; it turns the meaning of what follows into the opposite meaning.  "Thanasia" refers to the act of dying; think "euthanasia.

what is kabbala

So as not to bring religion onto the forum, I'm simply going to recommend you Google the word. It's sometimes spelled Kabbalah.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#84 [url]

Aug 29 12 8:51 PM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ August 29, 2012 05:49 pm)
QUOTE (merlin67 @ August 28, 2012 01:08 pm)
It's indeed Greek (just the language one would expect an Egyptian deity to speak, right?    ).

The initial "a" is a negative; it turns the meaning of what follows into the opposite meaning.  "Thanasia" refers to the act of dying; think "euthanasia.

what is kabbala

So as not to bring religion onto the forum, I'm simply going to recommend you Google the word. It's sometimes spelled Kabbalah.

ok, thanks.

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Sep 2 12 8:58 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 26, 2012 01:01 pm)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 26, 2012 06:40 am)
I completely agree with Shadow Knight. But, definitely my favourite was when Josh learned Aether magic while combining the swords. It was emotional and cool to read over and over and over........... flamelssecret/crazy.gif again.

I do not believe that he learned Aether magic, well, he did, but I believe that what happened is that by fusing with the swords, he became part of aether himself, learning how to maniplate it, and then learning all that aether knew, basically learning aether, but I believe that it was a bit more complex than that.

I agree. Informative answer! Thanks!

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#86 [url]

Sep 2 12 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 02, 2012 08:58 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 26, 2012 01:01 pm)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 26, 2012 06:40 am)
I completely agree with Shadow Knight. But, definitely my favourite was when Josh learned Aether magic while combining the swords. It was emotional and cool to read over and over and over........... flamelssecret/crazy.gif again.

I do not believe that he learned Aether magic, well, he did, but I believe that what happened is that by fusing with the swords, he became part of aether himself, learning how to maniplate it, and then learning all that aether knew, basically learning aether, but I believe that it was a bit more complex than that.

I agree. Informative answer! Thanks!

You are welcome, Aethermagic.

Quote    Reply   

#87 [url]

Sep 10 12 7:31 AM

I love that fusing with the swords thing. I like the historical and informative part about aura colours, Elders and so on, the swords and powers.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#88 [url]

Sep 11 12 10:47 PM

I loved the book in it's entirety. So It's hard for me to say which part I liked the most! flamelssecret/clap3.gif Though seeing the way Virginia Dare turned that one guard into stone in while arguing with Dee was beautiful.

And finding out that Josh was Marethyu was despite having read the entire series still a bit of a shock, cause well I suspected he was someone just did not know he would be Josh it's very cool though.

I just wonder if Sophie became anyone or had a different name and we did not see who she was or if she remained Sophie for the ten-thousand years after everything happened.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#89 [url]

Sep 11 12 11:04 PM

QUOTE (ValkyrieTalyn @ September 11, 2012 10:47 pm)

I just wonder if Sophie became anyone or had a different name and we did not see who she was or if she remained Sophie for the ten-thousand years after everything happened.

well, the book does sya that Sophie and the others become known by different names.

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Sep 12 12 10:31 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ September 11, 2012 11:04 pm)

I just wonder if Sophie became anyone or had a different name and we did not see who she was or if  she remained Sophie for the ten-thousand years after everything happened.

well, the book does sya that Sophie and the others become known by different names.

So, going on your point, it would be interesting to know the names. Might just have a historical significance.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#91 [url]

Sep 13 12 1:09 AM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 12, 2012 10:31 am)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ September 11, 2012 11:04 pm)

I just wonder if Sophie became anyone or had a different name and we did not see who she was or if  she remained Sophie for the ten-thousand years after everything happened.

So, going on your point, it would be interesting to know the names. Might just have a historical significance.

Yes, and I believe that earlier in one of the Enchantress Topics I asked if anyone had any ideas for any of the names, but the discussion kind of changed before I got any real answers. But yes, knowing the names might help.

Quote    Reply   

#92 [url]

Sep 13 12 5:28 AM

Well,then, wouldn't that mean that Sophie and Josh ARE the original twins?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#93 [url]

Sep 13 12 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 13, 2012 12:28 am)

I think that's a complex question, and it depends on how you look at the situation. They are because they fulfilled the prophecy but they aren't because isis and osiris eliminated the line that the twins would have come from. But the prophecy never really said it had to be twins just one to save the world and one to destroy it.

So were there ever really original twins to begin with? From legend people probably thought they were twins even though they weren't sophie, josh isis and osiris are really the only ones who know the truth. And of course anyone sophie and josh decided to tell.

But we are straying a bit from the topic of this thread which is discussing favorite moments from The Enchantress so we should probably move this discussion to a different thread.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#94 [url]

Sep 13 12 9:38 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 13, 2012 12:57 pm)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 13, 2012 12:28 am)

I think that's a complex question, and it depends on how you look at the situation. They are because they fulfilled the prophecy but they aren't because isis and osiris eliminated the line that the twins would have come from. But the prophecy never really said it had to be twins just one to save the world and one to destroy it.

So were there ever really original twins to begin with? From legend people probably thought they were twins even though they weren't sophie, josh isis and osiris are really the only ones who know the truth. And of course anyone sophie and josh decided to tell.

But we are straying a bit from the topic of this thread which is discussing favorite moments from The Enchantress so we should probably move this discussion to a different thread.

Great Thoughts. But yes, we should move on. I personally liked the prepping wor war scene at the Yggdrasil.

Quote    Reply   

#97 [url]

Sep 15 12 3:06 PM

if this has gone unanswered perenell is the enchantress

aura color: brown(red and green) with gray blue spirals aura scent: drying blood 

life and death go hand in hand one can not exist with out the other.
 my mastered elements: all of the elemental magics,imagination,time,and war
.They were looking for it to but they weren't good enough 
-Mordred..

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#98 [url]

Sep 15 12 3:33 PM

QUOTE (mordred of the druids @ September 15, 2012 03:06 pm)

Perenelle is actually The Sorceress the identity of The Enchantress has yet to be confirmed by Michael Scott, but there are a few characters that seems to be enchantresses themeselves.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#99 [url]

Sep 16 12 1:21 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ September 15, 2012 03:33 pm)
QUOTE (mordred of the druids @ September 15, 2012 03:06 pm)

Perenelle is actually The Sorceress the identity of The Enchantress has yet to be confirmed by Michael Scott, but there are a few characters that seems to be enchantresses themeselves.

Yes, that is what I believed too.

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Sep 17 12 9:58 AM

I agree.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad