Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Jul 22 12 1:57 AM

My favorite part...THE WHOLE BOOK!!!!!!!! It was flipping EPIC!!!!!!

Enough said.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Jul 26 12 6:40 AM

I completely agree with Shadow Knight. But, definitely my favourite was when Josh learned Aether magic while combining the swords. It was emotional and cool to read over and over and over........... flamelssecret/crazy.gif again.

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#63 [url]

Jul 26 12 1:01 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 26, 2012 06:40 am)
I completely agree with Shadow Knight. But, definitely my favourite was when Josh learned Aether magic while combining the swords. It was emotional and cool to read over and over and over........... flamelssecret/crazy.gif again.

I do not believe that he learned Aether magic, well, he did, but I believe that what happened is that by fusing with the swords, he became part of aether himself, learning how to maniplate it, and then learning all that aether knew, basically learning aether, but I believe that it was a bit more complex than that.

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Jul 26 12 7:14 PM

My favorite scene is where in the end of The Enchantress, when Josh and Sophie figure out that they are not siblings. Josh still writes a letter to Sophie, "that's what brothers are supposed to do, right?" I thought that that was sweet!!! flamelssecret/hug2.gif

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#65 [url]

Jul 26 12 8:02 PM

QUOTE (I am Silver @ July 26, 2012 07:14 pm)
My favorite scene is where in the end of The Enchantress, when Josh and Sophie figure out that they are not siblings. Josh still writes a letter to Sophie, "that's what brothers are supposed to do, right?" I thought that that was sweet!!! flamelssecret/hug2.gif

The letter at the end is pretty good, and the fact that they still call themselves siblings is a nice touch, as is the whole Dramatic confrontation with Isis and Osiris. The revelation that they were not related was anticipated, but still quite shocking, in my opinion.

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Jul 29 12 3:01 AM

Man,i love the parts when the twins look on isis and osiris and slowly realize that they are not their parents,the tension of th secnes is realy awesome.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#68 [url]

Jul 29 12 3:41 AM

QUOTE (MidnightUnicorn @ July 29, 2012 03:26 am)
Tir-na-nog is the name of the Marethyu's Shadowrealm??

No, I believe that it is mentioned earlier in the series as being a shadowrealm where time runs differently, and it is just a shadowrealm where Marethyu is at the time that he is writing the letter. Remember, though, that this is the Your Favorites page.
I really liked the battle on the Bridge, with Prometheus and Niten facing the Spartoi.

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Jul 29 12 1:09 PM

i know this is for our favorite parts, but I wasn't sure where else to put this. I read the book on Kindle first and I am now rereading it in hardcover. I truly believe Mr. Scott has reasons for even the smallest details.

I noticed last night while reading that Anubis and Bastet pass a tentacled one-eyed creature on their way out of her palace...Could it have been Amenhotep?? Her husband?

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#70 [url]

Jul 29 12 3:52 PM

QUOTE (jrjones726 @ July 29, 2012 01:09 pm)
i know this is for our favorite parts, but I wasn't sure where else to put this. I read the book on Kindle first and I am now rereading it in hardcover. I truly believe Mr. Scott has reasons for even the smallest details.

I noticed last night while reading that Anubis and Bastet pass a tentacled one-eyed creature on their way out of her palace...Could it have been Amenhotep?? Her husband?

Perhaps, but doesn't it seem like Amenhotep is dead? Bastet states that if Aten's father were there to see Aten with Marethyu, he would be shamed. Good theory, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

merlin67

Spellcaster

#72 [url]

Aug 22 12 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Manius @ August 23, 2012 05:57 am)
My favourite quote is:

"When in doubt, follow your heart. Words can be false, images and sounds can be manipulated, but this... This is always true"

i beleive he said that besides a piece of wisdom but also in regards to the archon

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#73 [url]

Aug 23 12 1:27 AM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ August 22, 2012 10:33 pm)
My favourite quote is:

"When in doubt, follow your heart. Words can be false, images and sounds can be manipulated, but this... This is always true"

i beleive he said that besides a piece of wisdom but also in regards to the archon

The Archon? You mean Cernunnos in the Sorceress?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#75 [url]

Aug 27 12 6:33 PM

QUOTE (gold king @ August 27, 2012 01:26 pm)
id like to know what "athanasia-aisanahta" means

I think the first word means immortality, and the word after the dash is the reverse spelling of the word before so I'm guessing it's the equivalent of saying immortality reversed.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#76 [url]

Aug 27 12 7:00 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 23, 2012 09:27 am)
QUOTE (merlin67 @ August 22, 2012 10:33 pm)
My favourite quote is:

The Archon? You mean Cernunnos in the Sorceress?

no i mean coutlicue of how he was decieved

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Aug 27 12 7:20 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 27, 2012 07:33 pm)
QUOTE (gold king @ August 27, 2012 01:26 pm)

I think the first word means immortality, and the word after the dash is the reverse spelling of the word before so I'm guessing it's the equivalent of saying immortality reversed.

The first word indeed means 'immortality'. I believe it comes from Greek.

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#79 [url]

Aug 28 12 12:40 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 27, 2012 05:17 pm)
QUOTE (gold king @ August 27, 2012 06:26 pm)

where does that pop up? I do not recall that.

Osiris says it in chapter 2 of the enchantress.

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#80 [url]

Aug 28 12 3:44 PM

It's indeed Greek (just the language one would expect an Egyptian deity to speak, right? ).

The initial "a" is a negative; it turns the meaning of what follows into the opposite meaning. "Thanasia" refers to the act of dying; think "euthanasia.

So "athanasia" refers to one who will never go through the act of dying - or in other words, one who has the gift/curse of immortality.

Pronouncing it backwards sort of hints of the rites of Kabbala, I think.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help