Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jun 22 12 5:15 PM

The Book was fantastic. My favorite part was when Josh becomes Marethyu. I imagined him putting the four swords of power together to become Aether and then plunging his hook into the Pyramid. In addition, the revelation that Josh was Marethyu just blew me away. And the only thing im sad at right now is that the series are over. flamelssecret/crying.gif

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand. - Virginia Dare”

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jun 22 12 11:30 PM

Mind = Blown flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif
Well, my favorite quote would probably have to be Josh/Marethyu's final post script in the Epilogue, about Aoife and Niten's wedding. I got this big silly grin on my face when I read that. Always the hopeless romantic, that's me.

I knew I would probably cry, and I did, just not till I started reading the acknowledgements ('cause I'm weird like that).

And I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is the final book, though I must also say that I think that was the perfect ending. Kudos to you, Mr. Scott! flamelssecret/bow.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue
Aura Scent: Lavender

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jun 27 12 8:51 AM

i really want to read the book... the enchantress isnt out yet in indonesia... so, i guess i have to wait a little longer!

[QUOTE]with imagination, anything is possible.

Aura color : [COLOR=orange][COLOR=orange] tinted with yellow[COLOR=yellow]
Aura scent : Bananas[COLOR=yellow] and Citrus[COLOR=orange]

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#44 [url]

Jun 27 12 5:54 PM

(Ériu on June 19, 2012, 10:07 pm)But the strangest thing is how the time works out. So Josh was/is/will be some Neanderthal 30 000 years older than Sophie while Sophie came from somewhere in will-be Russia. But so when exactly does Josh become Marethyu...if Marethyu existed much before Neanderthals did? And what happens to the "original" Marethyu? And what happens 30 000 years later when "Josh the Neanderthal" is born and there's no Isis and Osiris to "collect" him? But then where is the actual "present" because if Sophie goes back to the present where the series started, wouldn't everything have changed because of what they did at Danu Talis?

(sorry if I did the quote thing wrong)
I believe that what happened is that the Isis and Osiris that perished were the ones from the future, who went back in time like Dee did, and the ones of Danu Talis were not on the island at that time, and will still be around to collect Josh and Sophie. And Marethyu is time itself, so when he insures his own existance, he becomes part of the other Marethyu. They are all one and the same. And Sophie goes back to the present after the final battle on Alcatraz, not at the begining of the series. Technically, Josh becomes Marethyu before he is born, because of Dee, explaining where Marethyu states that Dee made him immortal, because he was created before he was actually born, making him virtually immortal...ish. I am sorry if I am just mixing this up more for you.
I know, this is not technically, a favorite, but I am trying to answer a question asked here.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jun 28 12 1:38 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ June 27, 2012 12:54 pm)
sorry if I did the quote thing wrong

Its fine, I was really confused by it at first. Just click the quote button in the top right of a persons post and it will do it for you.
If you want to edit the quote just scroll down and you will see a box with the other persons text. It will be in an area labeled as "Original Post to Quote". I hope I have helped.

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jun 28 12 4:20 PM

I LOVED the book sooooo much! I think my favourite part was the end where Josh turns into Marethyu. And I was so amazed at the end of the book that I just sat there with the book running through my mind! AMAZING!!!

Another part I loved was the bit where Sophie and Josh are in there rooms and Sophie laughs because she finds all her clothes there!

I'm absolutely mind blown!

flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 3 12 3:24 PM

I enjoyed the quote at the end, "'Today I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." which most people credit to Oppenheimer, but is actually from th Bhagavad-Gita. Except he had changed the word "Now" for "Today"

Esse Quam Videri

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#48 [url]

Jul 3 12 4:56 PM

QUOTE (Ozymandias @ July 03, 2012 11:24 pm)
I enjoyed the quote at the end, "'Today I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." which most people credit to Oppenheimer, but is actually from th Bhagavad-Gita. Except he had changed the word "Now" for "Today"

a scientist said while working on the first nuclear bomb when they testsed it

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#49 [url]

Jul 3 12 11:36 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 03, 2012 09:56 am)

Right. And that scientist was Robert Oppenheimer.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#50 [url]

Jul 4 12 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ July 04, 2012 07:36 am)

oh cool actually i think he said shatterer not destroyer

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 5 12 4:07 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 04, 2012 12:44 am)

The actual verse he was quoting was "kālo'smi lokakṣayakṛtpravṛddho lokānsamāhartumiha pravṛttaḥ", which he translated as destroyer, but it does have other translation such as the one you mentioned

Esse Quam Videri

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 7 12 6:14 AM

I haven't gotten that far into it yet but so far my favorite part would be when the twins a Virginia Dare were running to the palace on Danu Talis. I also got my book plate today and it went right into my signed copy of The Enchantress.

"Not all who Wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
Aura Color: Navy Blue Aura Sent: Cocoa Butter

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jul 8 12 6:45 AM

QUOTE (Look_to_the_North @ June 05, 2012 03:10 am)
I think my favorite part is how Virginia Dare leads the humani into an uprising. She was my favorite character, even as a selfish villian, and I liked how Michael Scott used the omniscent descriptions and tablets to reveal the truth behind the "bad guys".
However, I was really frustrated by the Enchantress' ending. A lot of thins didn't add up.
1) If the twins aren't really twins then what explanation is there for Sophie and Josh's connections, like physically feeling each other's pains? Such as:
2) How did Sophie and Josh become immortal in the end?
3) How did Niten manage to save Aoife?
4) Why did the hook form over Josh's hand? There really seemed no explanation for that phenomena.
5) How did Josh manage to live without breathing or pumping blood?

Mr. Scott, if you have anything to say about this, a response would be appreciated.

Please keep in mind that requesting responses from Michael is against the code of conduct. He is very busy and generous enough to spend some of his free time here and answer some questions as he can, but it is physically impossible for him to address every single post and question on the forum. The best place to pose some of these questions is in the ask Michael thread once the spoiler ban is fully lifted out of all threads. Thanks ~SC

Sorry, I didn't realize that that was a rule.

[1) If the twins aren't really twins then what explanation is there for Sophie and Josh's connections, like physically feeling each other's pains? Such as:
2) How did Sophie and Josh become immortal in the end?
3) How did Niten manage to save Aoife?
4) Why did the hook form over Josh's hand? There really seemed no explanation for that phenomena.
5) How did Josh manage to live without breathing or pumping blood?]

1) they were ultimately gold and silver twins and therefore related through their auras and the prophecy
2) josh became death, and not sure about sophie
3) my guess is scatty saved her because she mentioned she wanted to survive the war bc she was the only one who could save aofie
4) the 4 swords formed the hook
5) he was death

hope i helped flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 9 12 2:03 PM

My favorite part would definatly be when Josh takes Nicholas and Pernelle to die in Paris at the very end, it was sad flamelssecret/crying.gif and an excellent anding to the series. Also almost tied with that moment is when Tsagaglalal gives up her life to try and save prometheus...

Aura: Dark Yellow

Scent: Death

Magics: Necromancy, Aether, Fire

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 11 12 9:07 PM

I got chills when Isis and Osiris transformed into their true Earthlord states, i was so fascinated by those ancient races and it really will leave alot of questions leading up to his Earthlords series.

Aura Color: Dodger Blue
Aura Scent: Woodsmoke

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jul 14 12 3:03 AM

I enjoyed all of the book immensely and i am so sad that the series is ended, but Mr. Scott did wrap things up well. I take it on faith that Niten and Scatach saved Aoife, it would have been cool to read, but I understand that it is best as an epilogue....Virginia is my favorite part and any part with her in it is one of my favorites. (Although I'd desperately love to know which Elder she killed and where the flute really came from (beside a cave in the Grand Canyon)) Also She Who Watches...the scence on the bridge made my heart ache...

flamelssecret/love0030.gif

But I still would like to see more dicussion on who the Encahntress is, because if it is not Dare (I thought it was!) then who is it? I don't think it is Sophie. What about She Who Watches? Could she be the enchantress? She can tranform herself from an old woman to a young one again...I don't know just a thought...Also the Morrigan shows back up...is it her?

EDIT: I keep reading that Sopie is the Enchantress, but what does she do that makes her so? I can't think of anything in particular...help?
EDIT: Mr. Scott said for sure it wasn't Virginia?? The more I reread the more I believe it to be her...the flute controls anyone, anything and she is its possesor...I know he said the Warlock gold foil referred to Josh, but he was not the Warlock. So the silver foil can stand for Sophie, yet the Enchantress could be another...?

Can anyone explain Palamedes and Will's discussion of reading the tablets from Abraham? I am certain they were not at the Garden Party...It was She Who Watches, Niten, Prometheus, Mars, Hel, Odin, Perenelle, and Nicholas. I am pretty sure Palamedes and Will were already in M's shadowrealm, or even on Danu Talis already...Please remind me of what I am missing.

Lastly, though I love the book with every fiber of my being, I missed the Witch of Endor terribly. Where was her Danu Talis self?? The Witch was one of my favorite characters despite her limited appearances. Where was she when Aten was arrested? Was she at the meeting of Elders? I didn't seem to see her mentioned...

flamelssecret/crying.gif

Hopefully Mr. Scott will bless us with a new, but possibly loosely connected series so that we may meet some of our favorites again.

flamelssecret/pray.gif

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jul 16 12 7:34 PM

The whole book was fantastic. I loved when Nicholas flies to Alcatraz as a parrot. And the scene where Machiavelli was, like, burning through his whole aura to save Billy... almost brought me to tears. Machiavelli is definitely my favorite character, so I loved all the scenes he was in, but that was definitely the best.

My top three quotes had to be:

1. "Ah, the dependable Dr. Dee, always the opportunist...and ever the fool." -Osiris

2. "When this is over, I'm going to have to burn these boots And these are my favorite boots."
"I like you, Billy. You are always so unfailingly optimistic. You're assuming that we're going to be alive at the end of this adventure so you can buy new boots." -Billy and Machiavelli

3. "That is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever heard. I've got to make a note of that." -Shakespeare (As a writer, I definitely understand.)

"Do I look like I watch Star Trek?"
"Dee is a dangerous fanatic...I am simply dangerous." -Machiavelli
**Signature Banner removed by staff**
Aura Color: Light Green Aura Scent: Lavender

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 19 12 11:15 PM

my favorite scenes were when nick flew to alcatraz cause that was freaking awesome!!!! and also when josh/marethyu came and took nick and perry to paris to paris when they died. i cried. it was sad cause they died but it was so sweet and touching. it was a very good ending to the series. wub.gif
my favorite quote was when the vemana was crashing and saint germain was like "im a big believer in not worrying about things we dont have any control over. we dont have any controll over this craft, therefore we should not worry." something like that, maybe not the exact words. it was just really funny flamelssecret/hysterical.gif
just wanted to say that i <3 the series and i <3 michael scott cause hes the best author EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! flamelssecret/love0030.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif thanks for writing such awesome books. im sooo sad the series is over now though flamelssecret/crying.gif

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jul 20 12 3:10 AM

Wow, this is hard, so many good things to choose from... Well, I can't really decide, but here are my favorites scenes:

1) When Billy is gravely injured on Alcatraz and Machiavelli used his aura to save him, aging himself in the process. I'm a softie for self-sacrifice(s). That was the only time I got kinda teared up flamelssecret/crying.gif

2) The final battle between Josh, Sophie, Isis, and Osiris. I mean, how many plot twists were their in that battle? It was great, I was practically bouncing in my seat while reading it!

3) When Josh became Marethyu. Totally epic! I didn't see it coming at all, though it all makes sense now. You know, the lack of snakes in Mareythu's Shadowrealm, Josh's out-of-body-expieriences, and Marethyu's protection of Viginia. When it happened I was like flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif then flamelssecret/clap3.gif

4 and final) The letter at the end. It was a great way to end in my opinion, with Marethyu writing to Sophie and assuring her (and me!) that he still cares about her. Also, I loled that everyone cried at the wedding.

Aura Color: Deep Blue
Aura Scent: Orchid
Caution: Zombies may be flammable

STAND BACK - I'm going to try SCIENCE

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 21 12 2:43 PM

QUOTE (Ozymandias @ July 05, 2012 09:37 pm)
QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 04, 2012 12:44 am)

The actual verse he was quoting was "kālo'smi lokakṣayakṛtpravṛddho lokānsamāhartumiha pravṛttaḥ", which he translated as destroyer, but it does have other translation such as the one you mentioned

its from bhagvad gita.

Please keep your post trains to a maximum of 4 embedded quotes as can clog up the threads. Thanks! ~ Moviebuff

An apple a day keeps John Dee away.
Weapon: Sword, Shield, Bow and Scimitar
Master of: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Aether, Weaponry and Tactics

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help