Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 9 08 12:50 AM

Tags : :

Do you have a favourite chapter, scene or quote from The Warlock? Why not share it with everyone and tell us why it's your favourite! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

This thread has now been opened and will contain information from The Warlock
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Jef

Sorcerer

#1 [url]

Jun 21 11 4:38 PM

The super happy fun barbecue at Aunt Agnes's house! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

And everything between chapter 1 and chapter 56

Marethyu scenes,
Meeting Abraham,
Discoveries,
A lot of answers, but for each answers two new questions
And ofcourse, the ending flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 21 11 11:52 PM

So did I. I loved the entire book so much it's almost impossible for me to choose. As usual I liked all the parts that had Mach and Billy in them. Especially the super crucial part where they were about to unleash the Lotan and everybody was picking sides, and we found out for sure that Mach and Billy were both good guys, and that Josh had finally been corrupted by the swords.
I also liked finding out about Tsagaglalal and her history. I was really worried for Sophie all the way through this book. I wonder how she is going to respond to meeting her parents on Danu Talis.
This book was hilarious. I nearly died at the part where Prometheus, Niten and Nick were waiting for the Lotan and Nick was squeaking the chair and the others were both like "We will kill you if you don't quit squeaking that.", and then at all the parts where Billy was running his mouth and nearly insulted Nereus, and then said the bit about releasing a Kraken. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif
flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 22 11 1:25 AM

my favorite's when Perenelle was transferring her aura to Nicholas. so many memories! i also liked the parts when Tsagaglalal's origins were divulged. and of course when Dare was teaching Josh the magic of Air.

edit: also when Mars became freeeeeeee!!!!

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 22 11 8:59 AM

I have many favorites!

1. The reveal that Aunt Agnes is Tsagaglalal. The play with words is very clever. The twins' guardian = The One Who Watches.

2. The scene where Tsagaglalal gave the letters to Sophie, et. al.

3. Sophie learning Earth Magic & Josh learning Air Magic.
I enjoyed the change with the formula of words.

4. The scences at Danu Talis. I love seeing the ancient, but advaced city of the Elders, and the vimanas.

5. I'm both surprised and pleased with the reveal at the ending. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 22 11 4:39 PM

I think my favorite part was either:

1. When Abraham spoke to Shakespeare and Palamedes

or 2. The flying saucer scene. "Told you they were real."

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#7 [url]

Jun 22 11 5:44 PM

Definitely the ending. So dramatic. And i didn't see it coming!

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 22 11 7:22 PM

My favorite part was when Mars was released and the 2 guys were gonna try to mug him and when he turned in to the alley they thought he would be easy and he was there waiting for them

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 23 11 1:06 AM

The whole "kraken" part was definitely my favorite scene. Abraham was one of my favorite characters, just because he's been kind of a mystery the first four books, and now we're finally seeing him as an actual character.

Aura Color: Dark Grey Aura Scent: Nothing

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 23 11 1:26 AM

I loved the whole thing!!! But I'd have to say the part with sniping and when mar got to aunt house. Plus everything with mach and billy.

Aura: dark red Scent:fresh blood powers and skills:Summoners, Necromancers, Blood magic, Illusionists, shadow magic, geomancers, power of darkness, Elementalists, spirt/demon magic

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 23 11 11:52 PM

This is going to be hard. The entire book made me really emotional and I've already read it three times. Pretty much any scene with Virginia Dare is bound to be hilarious at some point.

Um. Okay. I think probably when Perenelle has Tsagaglalal and Sophie helping her with Nicholas was my favorite. It was another Perry-has-power-and-she-will-use-it kind of moment.

Still kind of going crazy over the ending, whoa.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Perseus

Spellcaster

#12 [url]

Jun 24 11 1:36 AM

my favorite part was the conversation of marethyu and aten, when we learned so much of him and the other races

user posted image
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Aura Color Maroon...... Aura Scent Ozone......Elemental: Aether

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#13 [url]

Jun 24 11 4:00 PM

"Releasing the Kraken"...

The apparent appearance of The Lone Ranger (in The Sorceress)

The excellent placement of the final paragraph of The Warlock on the verso side of the last page. I hope that was possible for non-English versions.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 24 11 9:07 PM

I'm sorry but i kind of thought that the earth magic teaching was strange. I wish it could have been like the others were we saw it overpowering the others.And I thought it would be rock not grass .Just my opinion,

Please do NOT use text-talk. Thanks! ~Elena

Aura:Platinum
Aura Scent:None
Elements:Mater of Fire,Water,Earth,Air,and The Master of Aether

"There is no Good or Evil. It's what you do that makes it so."

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 25 11 2:15 PM

1) Machiavelli agreeing to train Billy and every other scene with those two in it
2) Nick on the revolving chair
3) 'Hard to sound masterful when you're throwing up'
4) Tea with Tsagaglalal
It's so hard to choose just one!

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 26 11 5:50 PM

I had a couple of favorite parts. My favorites were the end, when Josh and Sophie find out their parents are Isis and Osiris; the conversation between Aten and Marethyu; the part when Perenelle gives some of her aura to Nick; and the part when the two teenagers try to mug Mars, and he beats them up.

I also liked the chapters that have Abraham in them.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 26 11 7:28 PM

the whole book was absolutely amazing and i can hardly choose!but the best parts are finding out about aunt agnes flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif ; when aunt agnes, perenelle and sophie were reviving nicholas flamelssecret/pray.gif ; finding out about abraham and having him as a real character in the book and; the very end was AmAzInG!!!!! flamelssecret/love0030.gif

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 29 11 10:39 AM

Of course, the ending was a bucket of icy water thrown at me (in a good way), but I honestly didn´t enjoy it quite as much as any part with Marethyu or Machiavelli. A major moment for me was the revelation of Marethyu´s hair colour - makes one think, don´t it?

Also, just about every time someone turned Waerloga made my spine chill a bit.

"Let´s not get ahead of ourselves. Instead, why not get ahead of each other?"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help