Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Jul 15 10 8:22 PM

Well Niten was informing that, and he didn't know that Josh was being controlled. So he may think that he went by his own free will... but look at this quote:

page 378 of The Necromancer:

Josh stood and stared at her... but all she could see were his bloodred eyes... and the look of absolute loathing on his pale face.

Now this tells us that when he left the scene, it wasn't of his own free will, because his eyes were bloodred. The same colour as Mars's eyes.

But maybe if we want to continue this conversation it should be in the "I'm finished the Necromancer" thread so we don't go off topic here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#63 [url]

Aug 6 10 4:00 AM

QUOTE (Abraham II @ June 22, 2010 01:28 am)
My two favorite chapters were:

1. The chapter in which you meet the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl, my favorite god in fact,which also has my favorite character, Machiavelli, in it.

2. The chapter in which Coatlicue, also an Aztec goddess ( She gave birth to the sun moon, stars and god of war) is summoned.

I love Aztec mythology. flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Those were my favorite parts also. I have dozens of books on Aztec and Mayan culture and mythology and was so excited to see that so much of it was included in this book.

Aura color: Violet
Scent: Juniper

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Aug 7 10 4:05 AM

My favorite scenes are always the flashbacks....the Nidhogg memory, the Witch, Niten's recollection of Benzaiten and her uberawesome pink dragon...

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Aug 7 10 3:07 PM

Oh yes. I loved the pink dragon too. I want one!!!

And the whole Benzaiten thing made Niten seem even more mysterious...

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:04 AM

QUOTE (Excalibur46 @ August 12, 2010 12:31 pm)
lovin this book WHOOOO i love them all i dont think i can stop

This is my favourite book!!

I have edited your post and placed it in lower case, please do not make another all caps post as it is considered rude on a forum, it is equivalent to shouting in a conversation in Nettiquette (Net speak). Thanks, Elena.

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#68 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:44 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Aug 19 10 8:57 PM

"Looking for a taxi, sir?"

"Palamedes," Saint-Germain whispered, "dont do that. You could have given me a heart attack."

"Hardly. You knew i was there, didnt you?"

Saint-Germain nodded. "I smelled you."
"So you're saying i smell?"

"You smell of cloves. Ah, but it is good to see you, old friend," the Frenchman said, using a Persian dialect that had gone extinct a century earlier.

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Aug 24 10 3:35 AM

Oh my gosh. i was re-reading The Necromancer today, I can't believe I missed this the last 14 times or so that I've read the Necromancer.

I just love the part when Dee was observing the sword that was created my clarent and Excalibur together, and he started to sing "Greensleeves"...

I don't know what it was about it, just the way he started to stutter his words as the memories came back... and the way he was mesmerized by the blade... Just it's eeriness. anyway, it was really epic.

I think it's probably my favourite Dr. John Dee scene so far... I know you probably all must be thinking I'm a little crazy... I mean, I know there are other Dee scenes that are infinitely more dramatic, funny, just awesome in general... but there is something about this one...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Apprentice

#71 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:58 AM

I love the parts where Billy the Kid is aggravating Machiavelli to death lol. I also really enjoyed the part where Dee makes the comment to Dare about living in a tent ands she replies, "I still do, you're never homeless in a tent." The way that quote read in my head is that she is proud of her opinion on that and doesn't care what others say to her on it. My actual favorite scene has to be the parts where Prometheus is teaching fire magic to Josh. ~Loving this book!~

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Sep 10 10 2:56 AM

This is the best book yet, in my opinion. My favorite part is all of it

But seriously, my favorite parts were any Dee and Dare scenes, any Zephniah scenes, and any Billy/Machiavelli scenes.

user posted image
Aura-Purple with scent of bacon frying

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Sep 13 10 1:15 AM

i liked the part when josh was trained in fire and promotheus was saying josh will do fire 100 times better

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Sep 30 10 12:52 PM

I loved the whole book, but the hook handed man (Marethyu) made my head ache, I think he is either Josh or Abraham himself, I strongly think is the first one the blue eyes and why he covers his face is what made me think so.

Please do not post in all caps. Also colors and font changes are reserved for the Birthday thread and mod use only. As per our Code of Conduct. Thanks ~Godsryche

AURA:PURPLE SCENT:GRAPES MAGIC:FIRE,EARTH AND WIND

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Sep 30 10 6:17 PM

haha. i do not think its josh, because he was with Dee and Dare the whole time, i dont think you can be in two places at once, but then again we never know.

As for Abraham, i was thinking that myself.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#77 [url]

Sep 30 10 6:21 PM

QUOTE (PakitoLestrange @ September 30, 2010 02:17 pm)
haha. i do not think its josh, because he was with Dee and Dare the whole time, i dont think you can be in two places at once, but then again we never know.

As for Abraham, i was thinking that myself.

If Josh at some point travels back in time, he could still be Marethyu.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Sep 30 10 6:30 PM

Yes, but how?

Could Chronos or Prometheus have helped him??

I would still have to say Abraham. I guessed as much when he told Scathach, Joan, Geramin, Palamedes, and Shakespear that he has known them for a while. But who really knows, except Mr. Scott

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#79 [url]

Sep 30 10 7:23 PM

QUOTE (PakitoLestrange @ September 30, 2010 09:30 pm)
Yes, but how?

Could Chronos or Prometheus have helped him??

I would still have to say Abraham. I guessed as much when he told Scathach, Joan, Geramin, Palamedes, and Shakespear that he has known them for a while. But who really knows, except Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott has confirmed that Marethyu and Abraham are not the same person.

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Nov 10 10 2:23 AM

My favorite part was when Mach was reviewing his fight with his wife, that was cool. And the part where he tried to sell Billy to the Sphinx. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Aura Color:Azure
Scent:Pine and Cinnamon

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once"- William Shakespeare

Please do NOT use colored or out-sized text, it is reserved for the Birthday/Holiday threads, signatures and Mod use only.
Also, you don't have to write your aura and scent every time in your posts since it's in your signature. That way they always appear below your posts.

Thanks! ~Elena

"Cowards die many times before their actual deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once"- William Shakespeare

Aura Color:Azure
Scent:Pine and Cinnamon
Elements Mastered: Water and Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help