Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 3 10 10:44 PM

Oh I'm still hunting for my favourite part... but I do love the scene when we first meet Virginia, and the conversation she had with Dee... actually, every conversation she had with dee was all really epic.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Elena

Immortal

#42 [url]

Jul 3 10 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ July 04, 2010 01:44 am)
Oh I'm still hunting for my favourite part... but I do love the scene when we first meet Virginia, and the conversation she had with Dee... actually, every conversation she had with dee was all really epic.

Yeah I like her too!

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#44 [url]

Jul 4 10 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ July 04, 2010 02:53 am)
She reminds me of Scatty. But not quite...

Scatty's cousin? flamelssecret/hysterical.gif Actually I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out they were related. But I highly doubt it. flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

I doubt they're related..

...um yeah-

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 4 10 3:45 PM

I enjoyed the whole shopping spree.

oh, and it's on your card, Dee. Just thought I'd mention that. Tee-hee!

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jul 5 10 12:27 AM

i couldn't stop laughing at this one:

Niten shot Josh a warning look. "Whatever you do, don't mention-"

It was too late. In the backseat Aoife stirred. "Ninjas," she spat. "Why is everyone obsessed with ninjas? They were never that good. They cowards, sneaking around in their black pyjamas, stabbing their victims with poisoned darts. I hate ninjas - they have no honour."

Ha ha ha black pyjamas! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Beware my army of black and white feathers

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jul 6 10 3:34 PM

This part is not my favorite, but it did make me stop reading, look around, and go: "what just happened?"

Perenelle's smile vanished from her face, turning it hard.
"You are not your sister; she is infinitely more powerful than you will ever be, Josh. She can do things that would be impossible for you."
"And of course, you have your own skills," Nicholas said to Josh hastily, glaring at his wife. Josh looked at the couple, confused and suprised about what they'd just said. "I thought we were equal," he said eventually.
Perenelle looked as if she was about to reply, but Josh saw Nicholas catch her hand. squeezing it and silencing her.

- The Necromancer, page 250

That was interesting, because there were many moments where Nicholas would stop Perenelle from saying something, and then:

He'd seen his parents like this on occasion when they were arguing. They would be polite but brittle with one another and would lash out at anyone who irritated them. He wondered what the immortals had been arguing about. And at the back of his mind, he kept remembering that when Perenelle had trained with the Witch of Endor, she'd used her maiden name. She hadn't admitted she was the Alchemyst's wife.

-The Necromancer, page 251

These aren't my favorite quotes, but very interesting ones. What happened to the "I'm so glad to see you, you should be proud of me for driving all the way here Perenelle at the end of the Sorceress? Well, I guess when you have a matter of days to live, it's a bit emotionally-draining...

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jul 6 10 5:26 PM

There were so much funny quotes and moments, but the most funniest for me were:

"Little Brother, they all look like you."
"Oh dear." He coughed. "Even the women?"
"Especially the women"

"It is an honor to meet you, Lord Quez…Quet…Quaza…"
"Oh, call me Kukulkan, everyone else does" the Elder said, and headed back into the house. Machiavelli blinked in surprise: a long serpent's tail, bright with multicolored feathers, trailed behing the Elder.

Also, did anyone besides me thought of Chuck Norris when Prometheus is described? xD

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 6 10 5:46 PM

Oh my gosh no your not the only one! I was thinking of Chuck Norris all the time whenever he was spoken about!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 6 10 8:33 PM

Awesome book! I really liked a lot of quotes. Here are some of the quotes I liked:

The largest of the saber-toothed tigers moved almost in slow motion and took a tentative step forward. Enormous slit-pupiled golden eyes fixed on Scathach.
"I think he likes you," Joan murmured.

-Michael Scott, The Necromancer. Pg. 78

"You seem remarkably cheerful for someone who may be about to die," Machiavelli said.

-Michael Scott, The Necromancer. Pg. 133

...you never draw a gun unless you intend to use it, and you never--ever-- tell someone that you are going to draw your gun. You just do it."

-Michael Scott, The Necromancer. Pg. 200

Haha those quotes are awesome flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 9 10 7:27 AM

I liked these quotes
from Billy

"Stolen! Someone stole my car! That's...that's criminal!"

Someone stole his car! He was planing to kill Perenelle! I'm pretty sure murder is more criminal that auto theift.

from the Sphinx
"Arrogence always tastes sweet, like chicken."

then later
"like chicken. . . "

and finally from Virgina Dare
"I quite like flying especially first class and particullarly if your paying."

These quotes were Awesome

user posted image
Aura colour: Light Blue Aura smell: Lavender Element: I am A Master of Fire

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#54 [url]

Jul 11 10 7:28 AM

QUOTE (Mattilous @ July 11, 2010 10:04 am)
i love this one i honestly think i cant wait a year for the next book

Who can wait? flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 13 10 2:15 AM

I loved the scene where Billy and Mac meet Quetzalcoatl. Especially where Billy says "don't mention the tail" and when Billy threatens Quetzalcoatl. I really wasn't expecting that. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

endlessea

Spellcaster

#56 [url]

Jul 13 10 7:43 PM

My favorite part is toward the end when Josh turns his back on his sister. It has taken several books for the prophecy to unfold. But now the "one to destroy it" is finally set on his path. Have been waiting so long and patiently and I know that Dr. John Dee has been waiting just as patiently. lol.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jul 15 10 5:05 AM

QUOTE (endlessea @ July 13, 2010 07:43 pm)
My favorite part is toward the end when Josh turns his back on his sister. It has taken several books for the prophecy to unfold. But now the "one to destroy it" is finally set on his path. Have been waiting so long and patiently and I know that Dr. John Dee has been waiting just as patiently. lol.

Not so fast now, we're still not certain that he is the one to destroy the world, he was being controlled by mars at the time.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 15 10 5:14 AM

I thought it was so funny how Josh tried to run himself off the road just to make his "dream" more exiting! But I must admit... I probably would have done the same thing if I thought I was in a dream. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif As well all the comunication in between Billy and Machiavelli was halarious. And I thought we saw a new side of St. Germain in this book."a less funny but more serious.Oh how much of this book I loved... probably my favourite.

user posted image
Kitties are the BEST! <3

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 15 10 6:19 PM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ July 15, 2010 05:05 am)
QUOTE (endlessea @ July 13, 2010 07:43 pm)

Not so fast now, we're still not certain that he is the one to destroy the world, he was being controlled by mars at the time.

No. He went on his own free will.

pg 385: Promethues Speaking

"Sophie is safe with Niten. But when the Magician and Dare fled, Josh went with them. He went by choice. We've lost him to the Dark Elders."

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help