Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 9 08 12:49 AM

Tags : :

Do you have a favourite chapter, scene or quote from The Necromancer? Why not share it with everyone and tell us why it's your favourite! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

You are likely to see **SPOILERS** in this thread.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#2 [url]

Jun 1 10 3:58 AM

I loved all the Zephanaia's memory especially her exploit with Prometheus to the Nameless City.

Also, when Aoife was being thrown about by Prometheus like a father playing with his child. It speaks a lot of the Firelord and Aoife's reaction was quite surprising. As Machiavelli said, you wouldn't think Elders were capable of love.

Speaking of Machiavelli, that scene in Queztlcoatl's Shadowrealm w spoke well about his bargaining skills, that plus Billy's childishness in dealing with his Elder was hilarious.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:04 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ May 31, 2010 11:58 pm)
I loved all the Zephanaia's memory especially her exploit with Prometheus to the Nameless City.

Also, when Aoife was being thrown  about by Prometheus like a father playing with his child. It speaks a lot of the Firelord and Aoife's reaction was quite surprising. As Machiavelli said, you wouldn't think Elders were capable of love.

Speaking of Machiavelli, that scene in Queztlcoatl's Shadowrealm w spoke well about his bargaining skills, that plus Billy's childishness in dealing with his Elder was hilarious.

I agree, I loved those parts as well.

I also loved the car scene with Mach, Black Hawk, and Billy. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#4 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:07 AM

Yes, I wonder if we'll know more about Black Hawk.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:10 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ May 31, 2010 08:58 pm)

Also, when Aoife was being thrown about by Prometheus like a father playing with his child. It speaks a lot of the Firelord and Aoife's reaction was quite surprising. As Machiavelli said, you wouldn't think Elders were capable of love.

those where also my favorite scenes but I have one more.

The scene where sophie is whipping Coatlicue it was so cool and she seemed so powerful and strong willed.

user posted image
Aura: Emerald
Scent: Sage

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:19 AM

My favorite scene is when Billy met the Sphinx, and Machiavelli was talking about letting the sphinx pay for Billy. I couldn't stop laughing, that and when Sophie was attacking Coatlicue, and Josh still had the image of a beautiful women, and thought that he had to protect her.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:38 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ May 31, 2010 09:58 pm)

Also, when Aoife was being thrown  about by Prometheus like a father playing with his child. It speaks a lot of the Firelord and Aoife's reaction was quite surprising. As Machiavelli said, you wouldn't think Elders were capable of love.

I also loved all of those sense

My over-all favorites had to be between Machiavelli and Billy. For example...

"I'll be sick," Machiavelli promised, "and when I am, I'm going to be sick in your direction. Yours too," he added, looking back over his shoulder at Billy the Kid.
page 131

Billy caught Machiavelli by the arm. "Whatever you do," he whispered urgently, "don't mention the tail."
page 134

"Mac," Billy whispered in alarm. "Don't call me Mac. I hate that." "Then don't irritate the all-powerful elder," Billy muttered.
page 164

To quote a few, lol.

Then this quote from Pally and Shakespeare reminds me a lot of that last quote from Mach and Billy.

"We hate what we fear," he said sarcastically. He glanced at the knight. "Is that not so?" "Then don't irritate the all-powerful Elder," the knight whispered. "Do not anger me," Tammuz rumbled.
page 209.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:40 AM

Anything with Zephanaia is # 1 in my book. So awesome...

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#9 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:48 AM

Those are some good quotes Sparticle flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

I second that Phin (I'm biased since she is my favorite character)

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Jun 1 10 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ May 31, 2010 11:38 pm)

"Mac," Billy whispered in alarm. "Don't call me Mac. I hate that." "Then don't irritate the all-powerful elder," Billy muttered.
page 164

I laughed so hard at this because everyone on the forums calls him Mach, which is pronounced distinctly different from Mac (made me think of a McDonald's Big Mac ) but its very close

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Jun 1 10 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 01, 2010 08:49 am)

page 164

I laughed so hard at this because everyone on the forums calls him Mach, which is pronounced distinctly different from Mac (made me think of a McDonald's Big Mac ) but its very close

I actually pronounce "Mach" the same way as "Mac" but mainly because Machiavelli has the "hard C" sound in it.

But to add to that, I'll have to try to find the actual quote later, but Pally also gripes in the book about how he hates to be called Pally.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:01 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ June 01, 2010 07:53 am)

page 164

I actually pronounce "Mach" the same way as "Mac" but mainly because Machiavelli has the "hard C" sound in it.

But to add to that, I'll have to try to find the actual quote later, but Pally also gripes in the book about how he hates to be called Pally.

I pronounce them differently, mach like m aww ck and mac like you would say big mac

and the pally quote was in the sorceress

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:03 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 01, 2010 09:01 am)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ June 01, 2010 07:53 am)

page 164

I pronounce them differently, mach like m aww ck and mac like you would say big mac

and the pally quote was in the sorceress

Ah, I pronounce Mach the same way I pronounce Machiavelli, which is the same as "Big Mac". However, you have been given the coup de gras on pronunciations, so I guess I should change mine, lol.

Pally reiterated the hating again in Necro as well when he bumps into Scatty.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#14 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:15 PM

This was most def. my favorite quote, especially with the arguments over the prophecy and such:

"Abraham believes the world will end..."
"He's been promising that for centuries. If he says it long enough, then one day he'll be right."

I've always pronounced Mac as Mach (like in Mach 2, breaking the sound barrier "Mach"). But I spell it without the H, since if I'm abberiviating, might as well be lazy about it (isn't that the point? )

Although, Scatty, Nick and Perry and all fine with their abbreviated names.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#15 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:26 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ June 01, 2010 01:15 pm)
"Abraham believes the world will end..."
"He's been promising that for centuries. If he says it long enough, then one day he'll be right."

This definitely goes in my favorite quotes as well. I actually laughed when I read this.

As for pronouncing Mach, I pronounce it with a 'ck' just like SC does.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:33 PM

mac = mack (rhymes with back)

mach = mach like mach 1 as fuzz said.

And i agree there were some great one liner quotes in this book, that were very profound that i truly enjoyed.

I loved when dee was moving the furniture and asks virginia dare if she's going to help and she says no and just stands there. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:59 PM

To get back on topic here...I had two favorite quotes -

QUOTE (pg 111)
“You do not frighten me, Alchemyst,” Aoife snarled.

“I should,” Nicholas whispered. “And Perenelle should terrify you.”

I just love how it makes Perry and Nick sound.

QUOTE (Billy pg 133)
“I’ve seen men go to their deaths laughing, I’ve seen others wail and cry. They all died in the end, but those who were laughing seemed to have an easier time of it.”

I really liked this insight into Billy's mind, I also like the sentiment.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 1 10 9:12 PM

I agree with all of you guys on the quotes! there were so many good ones! Here are mine:
Billy's "don't mention the tail!"
When Prometheus swung Aofie in the air. I thought it was kind of funny.
Aoifie's ninja tyrade.
And when the sphynx tried to buy Billy.

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#20 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:41 AM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif --should i even put it up...? the topic title basically tells you there will be spoilers...
i loved the last sentence of the whole book, very cliff hanging and very sad, but whats most depressing about it, was that you knew it was going to happen sometime.--i hope thats not a spoiler, sorry if it is

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help