Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 9 08 12:47 AM

Tags : :

Do you have a favourite chapter, scene or quote from The Sorceress? Why not share it with everyone and tell us why it's your favourite! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

**MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 3 09 12:52 AM

Holy Fishsticks, I am first.
This is pretty new.
Um, I loved the scene at Stonehenge and the ley lines. Probably because...no idea. And I liked where we meet Billy the Kid, cuz he rocks...and, yeah.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 3 09 5:57 AM

I loved the part with the raining of the flies and how Aerop-Enap covered Perry in webs. Imagine that on the big screen... Wow

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 3 09 7:29 PM

the part where machiavelli meets billy is really cool when they talk about billys thuunderbird

"People only think about what they need,never about what they are needed for"

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 3 09 11:39 PM

I love the part when Shakespeare says "Lord, what fools these mortals be!" This is a quote from "A Midsummer Night's Dream", for those of you who don't know.
I started cracking up when I read this. Hilarious!
Well, done Mr. Scott. You're such an awesome writer!!!

Aura colour: deep ocean blue
Scent: unsweetened black tea
user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 5 09 4:02 AM

SPOILERS BELOW:

I loved the whole book, but now I am on the edge of my seat to know about how Scatty and Joan are going to get back. Plus I am dying to know about Scatty's twin. Who is she? What will her role be?

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 7 09 5:35 PM

OMG I finished reading the book about a few minutes ago and it was amazing!
I think my favourite parts of the books are the adventures Perenelle has in Alcatraz and the battles/struggles that Josh and Sophie have to go through.
Additionally the way Michael writes is totally captivating as somehow you begin to feel what each character feels.
I LOVE THIS SERIES I WISH THE 4th BOOK WOULD COME OUT SOONER!

Senneth

Creator of Fire

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 7 09 5:38 PM

I like the scene when Perenelle kicks the sphynx's butt!

the castle made out of car parts is really cool too

user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 7 09 5:45 PM

I think my favorite part would be when Gilgamesh teaches Sophie and Josh water magic. I also like the chapter where Perenelle defeats the sphinx and buries her in ice and stone, very epic. And after that when she tricked the sphinx yet again with the help of the ghosts of Alcatraz.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 7 09 6:12 PM

I think my favorite part was when Sophie started crying for Gilgamesh.
I don't really know why it's my favorite part,
also I love when Dee's elder threatened him with letting him lose immortality then give it back to Dee when Dee is about to die.
As you can tell, i don't like Dee that much.
:]

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 7 09 7:00 PM

QUOTE (JBlount94 @ June 07, 2009 02:12 pm)
I don't really know why it's my favorite part,
:]

I cried at that part!! flamelssecret/crying.gif

user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 7 09 7:22 PM

I also liked that part. I think it is an example of Sophie's compassion and sympathy. I hope we get to learn more about Gilgamesh as the series progresses.

Oh, and I love the chapter near the end of the book when Machiavelli and Billy the Kid become stranded on Alcatraz when Perenelle takes their boat. I believe it's karma for trapping Scatty and Joan in the past.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 8 09 3:39 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ June 07, 2009 07:22 pm)

I also liked that part. I think it is an example of Sophie's compassion and sympathy. I hope we get to learn more about Gilgamesh as the series progresses.

Oh, and I love the chapter near the end of the book when Machiavelli and Billy the Kid become stranded on Alcatraz when Perenelle takes their boat. I believe it's karma for trapping Scatty and Joan in the past.

I also enjoyed the scene at the end with Machiavelli and Billy watching Perry escape. I laughed so hard at that part. Congrats guys, you've offically had your first epic fail together. Actually, I drew a fan art picture of that part. All I need to do is add a quote...but my friend is reading The Sorceress right now XD

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Jun 8 09 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ June 08, 2009 04:39 am)
Actually, I drew a fan art picture of that part. All I need to do is add a quote...but my friend is reading The Sorceress right now XD

When you've found the quote to go with your picture, you're welcome to submit it to the Portal!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 8 09 11:22 PM

I was like almost crying when Nick almost died...like I cried for Zanna in The Fire Eternal.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 9 09 8:03 PM

I really liked the twist at the end, when Clarent and Excalibur molded into one sword. "The two that are one, the one that is all." I guess the prophecy could be referring to the swords as well, and the twins job was to keep the sword away from Dee.
It's not very probable, but it is possible. I guess...

I have a question though...

In the book, Dee references FOUR swords of power, yet we only know of Excalibur and Clarent. Since in mythology, they really are twin swords, does anyone know if the other two forementioned swords also exist in mythology? If so, could you please let me know? Its really been bothering me.

And JSYK,

I LOVE PERENELLE!

She is so super amazizing! wub.gif

I bought from THE MERCHANT OF DEATH.I found THE LOST CITY OF FAAR.
I fought in THE NEVER WAR.I created THE REALITY BUG.
I drank BLACK WATER.I swam in THE RIVERS OF ZADAA.
I played THE QUILLAN GAMES.I met THE PILGRIMS OF RAYNE.
I saw the RAVEN RISE.I am a SOLDIER OF HALLA.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 10 09 3:03 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ June 08, 2009 10:05 pm)
QUOTE (Sparticle @ June 08, 2009 04:39 am)
Actually, I drew a fan art picture of that part. All I need to do is add a quote...but my friend is reading The Sorceress right now XD

When you've found the quote to go with your picture, you're welcome to submit it to the Portal!

I'll make sure to do that

And RealityBug15, I <3 your signiture ^^

I'm sure they other two swords are from mythology...but as to which, I'm not sure. That would be an interesting topic to research, though.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 11 09 6:08 PM

My favorite part was when Josh battled Dee with Clarent vs. Excalibur. I also loved how Machiavelli tricked Dee with his "promise" and how Dee is on the run. I do think that the morphed swords will make up his loss with his Elders. The Wild Hunt and Cerunnos were awesome and I loved the book.

"On the contrary," she said. "It is now only just the beginning" -Perenelle Flamel (The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 13 09 3:31 PM

Well my fave scene from the sorceress was when Dee fused Excalibur and Clarent together to make the one that is all and when Nicholas, Pernelle and the twins were reunited witch makes chapter 70 my favourite chapter and the epiloge

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 13 09 11:44 PM

My favourite part was when Sophie and Josh were learning the Water element. It was so descriptive..and mystifying. It really was brilliant. I had a dream about it too!

I cried when Gilgamesh was..erm, ALMOST dying. And Sophie's silver tear..as a journal entry for Gilgamesh. I have to admit, I cried with Sophie when they met Gilgamesh flamelssecret/crying.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help