Remove this ad

#361 [url]

Sep 11 09 5:55 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ September 11, 2009 05:42 pm)
Ok, I'm going to take the road less traveled on this one.

When I read the bit about the swords, this is exactly what I thought -

It was as metaphor relating to the twins, as in Gilgamesh is foreshadowing what will "metaphorically" happen to the twins of legend in a future book. As in the twins will "merge" in much the same way as the swords did.

Basically, the swords merging has nothing to do with the prophecy, it was just the mutterings of a mad old man that went "hey, look at that, just like what will happen to twins" only it came out as the line from the prophecy.

In other words, the swords are just a red herring and have nothing to do with the prophecy at all.

Well pin a rose on your nose... I'd never thought of that. Thats actually a pretty good theory.

On a side note, every time someone says reh herring I think of the cartoon pup named scoobiedo where every episode Freddy would accuse red herring of the crime... Saturday Mornings; Ghost Busters, Rocky and Bulwinkle, Pup Named Scoobiedoo, and Garfield & Friends.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#362 [url]

Sep 11 09 6:01 PM

We've already seen three cases of the twins "merging"

- Notre Dame

- Boosting Flamel's Aura to "help" Perry

- Activating Stonehenge

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#363 [url]

Sep 19 09 5:12 PM

Hello everybody! I've just subscribed on this forum, so i'm still trying to adapt myself to this new "world", and i've got a question that i hope any of you could help me...I'm from Portugal and i was wondering when there will be released "The Sorcess" here in Portugal? I know it has been released in the UK a few months ago...any idea when it will be here in Portugal? I already have the two previous books, both published here, in portuguese.

Cheers to all!

Quote    Reply   

#364 [url]

Sep 25 09 12:05 AM

i love this book its my favorite soo good i hate how long it takes for the next to come out grrr flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Aura Color: Color removed by staff. Please see Black, Gold, and Silver aura thread
Aura Scent(Mist)

Quote    Reply   

#365 [url]

Sep 29 09 12:45 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 19, 2008 08:53 pm)
It only makes sense.

The Alchemyst is Flamel
The Magician is Dee
The Sorceress has to be Perenelle

Dee is not the Magician i found out

-----------------------------------------
Aura Color: Blood red
Aura Scent: Roses

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#366 [url]

Sep 29 09 12:01 PM

QUOTE (elderofthemoon @ September 28, 2009 08:45 pm)
It only makes sense.

The Alchemyst is Flamel
The Magician is Dee

Michael has confirmed on here that those three people are, in fact, correct.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#367 [url]

Oct 1 09 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ September 29, 2009 12:01 pm)
It only makes sense.

The Alchemyst is Flamel
The Magician is Dee

what!? i was wrong

-----------------------------------------
Aura Color: Blood red
Aura Scent: Roses

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#368 [url]

Oct 2 09 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Turin_Turambar @ September 19, 2009 06:12 pm)
Hello everybody! I've just subscribed on this forum, so i'm still trying to adapt myself to this new "world", and i've got a question that i hope any of you could help me...I'm from Portugal and i was wondering when there will be released "The Sorcess" here in Portugal? I know it has been released in the UK a few months ago...any idea when it will be here in Portugal? I already have the two previous books, both published here, in portuguese.

Cheers to all!

Hi Turin, and welcome to the forum! As a rule of thumb, the translated editions usually appear 6 months to a year after the English/American editions have been released. Hope that helps!

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#369 [url]

Oct 2 09 11:51 AM

QUOTE (elderofthemoon @ October 01, 2009 05:07 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ September 29, 2009 12:01 pm)
It only makes sense.

The Alchemyst is Flamel
The Magician is Dee

what!? i was wrong

Yes, actually you were.

Quote    Reply   

#370 [url]

Oct 4 09 10:40 AM

The volume 3 goes out in France/suisse on November 5th!!!
Here is the book in French:

user posted image

It is too good! I can't wait that I read it.

user posted image
Aura couleur: Green...... Aura Odeur:Eucalyptus Magie : Terre & Vent

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#371 [url]

Oct 7 09 5:33 PM

I have been reading these books since they came out in 2007 and I LOVED THEM! I have read The Alchemyst 3 times, The Magician 3 times, and The Sorceress twice! And something has been itching at me at I was wondering. What are the other Elemental Swords? We already know of Clarent and Excalibur, but what of the other two swords? Can they do the same as Clarent and Excalibur when brought together? And what do they do? And Will they be mentioned in The Necromancer or The Enchantress?

Quote    Reply   

#372 [url]

Oct 7 09 7:29 PM

Wow, well I bet you have got some really good insights then! I think most definitely the other elemntal swords will come into play. On another thread Michael has offered that we might begin to look into other swords. So far one thing we know is that Excalibur is not the most powerful of the four swords, but that it has that super trick of pointing to it's brother Clarent. There actually have been a fair amount of speculation about the swords even in earlier parts of this thread, however a new thread has just opened up for this topic. So I bet a ton of people will jump on this question (with theories) over there. Glad to have you on the forum!

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

trick

Apprentice

#373 [url]

Dec 3 09 1:21 AM

you will think this is funny but i can fell the color of a story (how it makes me fell on the inside) and i don't use things from the story to find the color, but i use them as examples.

in the Sorceress beginning like the bracelets of Nicks is a rainbow filling that dulls in to a blue then brown at the middle to a gray. so i think Micheal got the book really spot on. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image
Aura:Blue..........Scent: Static Electricity..........Magic:Water and Ice. And can predict most peoples fate.

Quote    Reply   

#374 [url]

Dec 13 09 10:07 PM

Hello! Well, I don't have the book because it isn't translated to spanish yet.... I leave i Argentina and It is not here..... not even in english.... so I'm freaking out!!!!
Loqi

Quote    Reply   

#375 [url]

Dec 21 09 4:25 PM

This was the best book so far, well to me at least. It had much more action than the other two, and it kept me in suspense. I loved this book! I hope the Necromancer can be even better!!

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#376 [url]

Dec 22 09 2:01 PM

QUOTE (TheAnswerSeeker @ October 07, 2009 05:33 pm)
I have been reading these books since they came out in 2007 and I LOVED THEM! I have read The Alchemyst 3 times, The Magician 3 times, and The Sorceress twice! And something has been itching at me at I was wondering. What are the other Elemental Swords? We already know of Clarent and Excalibur, but what of the other two swords? Can they do the same as Clarent and Excalibur when brought together? And what do they do? And Will they be mentioned in The Necromancer or The Enchantress?
Quote    Reply   

#377 [url]

Dec 22 09 4:36 PM

Great! Deeply in September, 2010!
I look forward to of découvrire the other swords I feel(smell) that that is going to be interesting.

user posted image
Aura couleur: Green...... Aura Odeur:Eucalyptus Magie : Terre & Vent

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#379 [url]

Apr 21 10 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Mars 2010 @ April 21, 2010 04:42 pm)
we does the sorceress come out in paper back

In the US it will be out april 27th, it is still unclear for the UK but its looking like it might be august 5th. you can find more info in the news feed on The Portal

Quote    Reply   

#380 [url]

May 15 10 6:33 PM

Does the prophecy really have to do with the twins? At the end of the Sorceress, Dee linked Clarent and Excalibur (sorry if I spelled either wrong) together, and that could fit the prophecy: "The two that are one, the one that is all".

user posted image
"I have been many things in my time: a physician and a cook, a bookseller and a soldier, a teacher of languages and chemistry, both the officer of law and a thief." -From the Day Booke of Nicholas Flamel, Writ Thursday, 31 May
Aura Color: Gray
Scent: Pepper
Magic Specialty: Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help