Remove this ad

#321 [url]

May 16 09 1:41 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ May 15, 2009 09:01 pm)
QUOTE (MinnowPea @ May 15, 2009 08:39 am)
I was wondering HOW exactly Nicholas expects Gilgamesh to teach the twins any magic if he can't use it himself- I was under the impression the others (Hekate, St. Germain, the Witch of Endor...) were using magic to teach their magic.  I mean, I know Gilgamesh has all this knowledge of all magics, especially the elemental magic of water, but if he has no aura to transfer it through, how will he do it?

As I was forming my question above I thought of Joan and how she imparted knowledge to Sophie while she was sleeping- do you think she really was simply talking to Sophie's subconscious?  I guess even though it does say that I still, without realizing it, assumed talking to Sophie's subconscious worked because she was in some part using her aura to transfer that knowledge, but maybe not... lol, I hate making assumptions when I don't realize that's what I'm doing, it really makes for some misunderstandings!  Point being, maybe Gilgamesh could speak to the twins' subconscious somehow, asleep or not, and that's how he would impart his expertise in the elemental magic of water.

Well, there are always texts to use...and Gilgamesh knows how to use the magic, he just can't. So he could instruct the twins perfectly well...if he agreees.
And Hekate- she was Awakening Sophie, so she would have to be able to, not just know how, because Awakening is a special ability, so really, only knowing how might be a bit redundant. Unless someone could but didn't know how.
Hope this helps!

Yeah, you're right. It just seems like Gilagamesh simply telling the twins what to do (or having them read how/what to do) would take a long time considering how much knowledge he has to impart to them, assuming he agrees to do it in the first place.

---
Wait, look, notice.

---
Aura: sage.
Scent: eucalyptus.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#322 [url]

May 16 09 10:44 PM

I hope I'm able to get a copy. I'll be in the middle of a trip when it comes out, and the stores may have sold out. That would be so bad!

"The two that are one must become the one that is all." - The Magician

Quote    Reply   

#323 [url]

May 20 09 12:50 PM

OMG!!! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif I reserved a copy of The Sorcess and today me and my sister were texted that the book arrived!!! flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif I went there immediately and bought it...but sadly I won't be able to read it until after June 7 flamelssecret/crying.gif
Want to read it soo badly... flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Temet Nosce!

Aura Color: Deoxygenated Blood Red
Aura Scent: Ocean Wave

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#324 [url]

May 20 09 12:52 PM

QUOTE (darkjhedi @ May 20, 2009 08:50 am)
OMG!!! I reserved a copy of The Sorcess and today me and my sister were texted that the book arrived!!!  I went there immediately and bought it...but sadly I won't be able to read it until after June 7 
Want to read it soo badly...

the book isn't supposed to be released for another week? How was this bookstore able to sell it to you?

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#326 [url]

May 20 09 2:00 PM

QUOTE (darkjhedi @ May 20, 2009 12:50 pm)
OMG!!! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif I reserved a copy of The Sorcess and today me and my sister were texted that the book arrived!!! flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif I went there immediately and bought it...but sadly I won't be able to read it until after June 7 flamelssecret/crying.gif
Want to read it soo badly... flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif
Quote    Reply   

#328 [url]

May 20 09 9:35 PM

I don't where the bookstore got it. I actually told them that they were fast. It wasn't suppose to be out until May 26 but they can only reserve the copy for three days. So I had no choice but too buy it on the same day because I would be busy.

Btw...The bookstore specializes in hard to find books in my country the Philippines and is well known.

Temet Nosce!

Aura Color: Deoxygenated Blood Red
Aura Scent: Ocean Wave

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#329 [url]

Jun 1 09 11:46 PM

This thread is now open for posting..please bear in mind that The Sorceress isn't released in the UK until June 25th so try to keep all Sorceress and Necromancer spoiler discussion to the "I'm finished!" thread until July 1st!! Thank you! flamelssecret/bow.gif

Quote    Reply   

#330 [url]

Jun 3 09 10:17 AM

I think that The Sorceress could be(I may be crazy but I don't know...) Perenelle?

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#332 [url]

Jun 3 09 8:38 PM

QUOTE (NJM3dic @ June 03, 2009 04:20 pm)
The sorceress could be anybody really

It's already been confirmed on these forums by Michael Scott that the Sorceress is Perenelle

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#333 [url]

Jun 26 09 5:34 PM

I know that the Alchemyst is Nicholas, that the Magician is Dee(?), and I think that the sorceress is Pernelle, but could the Necromancer be Dee again? because it mentions in one of the books, (I forget witch one), that Dee is a Necromancer. But then could The magician be someone else then? like, Saint germain? Or could the Necromancer be someone else? (I highly doubt that though) Or could Dee just be The magician and the Necromancer? (I doubt that to) But thats the real mystery for me. I really don't care as much who the sorceress is. Oh this is so comfusing! flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Oh I just read a part in the Alchemyst just now and I think the Magician might actually be Josh. because here, in Hekate's shadow relm, Nicholas says this to Josh and Sophie: "If you are going to have to servive the days to come, I will have to train you to become MAGICIANS" oh. But that means it could be Sophie to. Does anyone know the Answer to my problem? flamelssecret/pray.gif

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#334 [url]

Jun 26 09 5:41 PM

I'm pretty sure Michael has said that THe Alchemyst is Flamel, THe Magician is Dee, Not St. Germain, and that the Sorceress is Perenelle. He also has said that the Magician is someone we already have met by the end of the Sorceress.
Since he also said that the books are two seperate trilogies, it's possible he'll repeat Dee, but i personally find that unlikely.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#335 [url]

Jul 1 09 4:07 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ June 26, 2009 05:41 pm)
I'm pretty sure Michael has said that THe Alchemyst is Flamel, THe Magician is Dee, Not St. Germain, and that the Sorceress is Perenelle. He also has said that the Magician is someone we already have met by the end of the Sorceress.
Since he also said that the books are two seperate trilogies, it's possible he'll repeat Dee, but i personally find that unlikely.

I think you mean the necromancer we meet by the end of the sorceress
ii think now insted of being about the adults story it will switch down more to the twins story
The first three books were about the ledgends and finding out about what the twins have to do and now that they take abit more charge at the end of sorceress the story will be geared more twords them and their thoughts and their story

user posted image
Friend: Hey how's that book you got? Me: The Sorceress was great!!!! Friend: You already finished it? Me: Yeah! Friend: You only got it this morning! Me: I KNOW RIGHT!
Aura: Green
Scent: Evergreen Trees in winter like that fabreeze stuff...unhn like that

Quote    Reply   

history

#336 [url]

Jul 30 09 12:16 PM

I love the book. I have many questions!!! here are two of them-

How will Scatty and Joan return?
How will Josh learn the element of air and fire?

Quote    Reply   

#337 [url]

Jul 30 09 3:27 PM

QUOTE (history @ July 30, 2009 12:16 pm)

I've been thinking on the Scatty and Joan issue myself. I've read threads that say that all they have to do is wait and then they could just walk in at the exact moment the should have arrive in SF. But if you remember in The Alchemyst The Witch of Endor could see the different strands of time, possible futures. So the time line that Scatty and Joan are in now could be a completely different one than that from which they came. So waiting would be worthless.

One theory I have is that they use some of the items they have on their person from the era they came from to recreate Machiavellis "trap" he set at the Noter Dame in reverse... thats just one thought.

I have no thoughts on Josh's status right now.

So there is my opinion for what it's worth.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#338 [url]

Jul 30 09 10:24 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ July 30, 2009 03:27 pm)

I've been thinking on the Scatty and Joan issue myself. I've read threads that say that all they have to do is wait and then they could just walk in at the exact moment the should have arrive in SF. But if you remember in The Alchemyst The Witch of Endor could see the different strands of time, possible futures. So the time line that Scatty and Joan are in now could be a completely different one than that from which they came. So waiting would be worthless.

One theory I have is that they use some of the items they have on their person from the era they came from to recreate Machiavellis "trap" he set at the Noter Dame in reverse... thats just one thought.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#339 [url]

Jul 31 09 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ July 30, 2009 06:24 pm)

"Different strands of time..." is the important clue here.

Michael

So...is this one of things where they really aren't "back in time" they are just on a different strand that is technically in the same time as the "present"?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#340 [url]

Jul 31 09 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ July 31, 2009 06:59 am)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ July 30, 2009 06:24 pm)

"Different strands of time..." is the important clue here.

Michael

So...is this one of things where they really aren't "back in time" they are just on a different strand that is technically in the same time as the "present"?

Im thinking its more they are definitely back in time, but that they are just back in time on another strand of time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help