Remove this ad

#301 [url]

Apr 22 09 12:25 PM

I agree it is a subtle difference, but if we read the books then the only logical conclusion would be, it to be Dee. If Machiavelli would be it, then this would have been mentioned earlier as one of his qualities, which as such is not mentioned. And as Dee has or at least had access to his secret files on the Elders and those immortals that are in league with them, it would be strange if that would not have been mentioned.
Within mythology, ofcourse there are many necromancers, even if just look at creation mythologies, like the ones mentioned in the Edda (both the younger and older Edda), or Mayan and Aztec creation myths. I was just refering on the info from the books as they are published, the only logical character is Dee.
But you are right, it might still be another however that would cast imho a dramatic turn for the Dark Elders.

Eye of Ra

Fallaces sunt rerum species

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#302 [url]

Apr 23 09 5:35 PM

QUOTE (Eye of Ra @ April 22, 2009 12:25 pm)
I agree it is a subtle difference, but if we read the books then the only logical conclusion would be, it to be Dee. If Machiavelli would be it, then this would have been mentioned earlier as one of his qualities, which as such is not mentioned. And as Dee has or at least had access to his secret files on the Elders and those immortals that are in league with them, it would be strange if that would not have been mentioned.
Within mythology, ofcourse there are many necromancers, even if just look at creation mythologies, like the ones mentioned in the Edda (both the younger and older Edda), or Mayan and Aztec creation myths. I was just refering on the info from the books as they are published, the only logical character is Dee.
But you are right, it might still be another however that would cast imho a dramatic turn for the Dark Elders.

Eye of Ra

Michael has already stated that Dee was The Magician, with that knowledge do you really think he could also be the necromancer that The Necromancer refers to too? It's be quite unusual to have two books named for his abilities, not impossible perhaps but very odd.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#303 [url]

Apr 28 09 10:08 AM

well, eye of ra, i don't agree about necromancer being dee, because he is the magician, and there has been a lot of discussion about that and Mr. Scott has said that he will be someone other than dee, what exactly had he said. i have forgotten, but i am sure you can search that. You can use the search engine of the site.

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#304 [url]

Apr 29 09 9:28 PM

QUOTE (baksh @ April 28, 2009 05:08 am)
well, eye of ra, i don't agree about necromancer being dee, because he is the magician, and there has been a lot of discussion about that and Mr. Scott has said that he will be someone other than dee, what exactly had he said. i have forgotten, but i am sure you can search that. You can use the search engine of the site.

Michael confirmed that the Necromancer is male - and that I've found he hasn't said that it's not Dee. He did say that it would be someone we've met by the end of book 3.

I wonder if it's St. Germain (see http://flamelssecret.9.forumer.com/index.p...findpost&p=6753 and the following posts) because there Michael tells us that we will learn a lot more about St. Germain in book 4 - which is the Necromancer....

Baksh - dio you remember it actually being ruled out that it's Dee? I couldn't find that....

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#305 [url]

May 1 09 1:14 AM

A little advance warning for you guys! I will lock this thread down for one week from May 25th and suspend all Sorceress posts for that time to give everyone a chance to read the book without the risk of seeing any spoilers! flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif I would ask that every member respects that lockdown and the other members feelings by making sure that you don't post any Sorceress details during that time!

Quote    Reply   

#306 [url]

May 1 09 1:24 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ May 01, 2009 01:14 am)
A little advance warning for you guys! I will lock this thread down for one week from May 25th and suspend all Sorceress posts for that time to give everyone a chance to read the book without the risk of seeing any spoilers! flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif I would ask that every member respects that lockdown and the other members feelings by making sure that you don't post any Sorceress details during that time!

Thanks Zephfire!

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#307 [url]

May 1 09 3:34 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ April 29, 2009 05:28 pm)
QUOTE (baksh @ April 28, 2009 05:08 am)

Michael confirmed that the Necromancer is male - and that I've found he hasn't said that it's not Dee. He did say that it would be someone we've met by the end of book 3.

I wonder if it's St. Germain (see http://flamelssecret.9.forumer.com/index.p...findpost&p=6753 and the following posts) because there Michael tells us that we will learn a lot more about St. Germain in book 4 - which is the Necromancer....

Baksh - dio you remember it actually being ruled out that it's Dee? I couldn't find that....

Didnt Mr. Scott say somewhere that we havent met the Necromancer yet?!
I dont think its St-Germain. Im kinda hoping its someone we havent met yet! Its always great to see what Michael comes up with!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#308 [url]

May 3 09 6:03 AM

Well, as far as i remember it was that the necromancer will be someone we would have met by the end of book three, and well i am not sure whether it was Mr Scott or not but there was certainly some talk going on that it would be someone we havent met.

Quote    Reply   

#309 [url]

May 6 09 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ May 01, 2009 01:14 am)

That's cool, I hate when you accidentally read spoilers. Although the book will most likely last me about a day and a half, maybe two. I read a little fast.

And I think it's going to be a new character in the Sorceress that is going to be the necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#310 [url]

May 8 09 12:44 AM

It'll take me a day. Maybe a day and a few hours. I remember Christmas Day...I spent five-minute intervals throughout the day reading Breaking Dawn, and finished it around midnight.
I read very fast. Except on Shakespeare. Whom I love.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#311 [url]

May 8 09 3:06 AM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ May 01, 2009 10:34 am)
Michael confirmed that the Necromancer is male - and that I've found he hasn't said that it's not Dee.  He did say that it would be someone we've met by the end of book 3. 

Didnt Mr. Scott say somewhere that we havent met the Necromancer yet?!
I dont think its St-Germain. Im kinda hoping its someone we havent met yet! Its always great to see what Michael comes up with!

I think he avoided answering that question directly, and instead said something to the effect of - it will be someone we have met by the end of the Sorceress.... so it could be someone we already know or someone new in book #3. I would guess Michael chose that wording very carefully....

although I had the same thought - that it's an awful big coincidence that we will learn a lot more about St Germain in book 4 and the necromancer is book 4 too.... although that could be a red herring - as we know from the one interview we've seen as well as a number of posts that we can expect to learn more about Machiavelli in book 3 - but we certainly know he's not the sorceress (unless there's something really funny going on!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif )

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#312 [url]

May 8 09 12:17 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ May 07, 2009 11:06 pm)
[QUOTE]I think he avoided answering that question directly, and instead said something to the effect of - it will be someone we have met by the end of the Sorceress.... so it could be someone we already know or someone new in book #3. I would guess Michael chose that wording very carefully....

although I had the same thought - that it's an awful big coincidence that we will learn a lot more about St Germain in book 4 and the necromancer is book 4 too.... although that could be a red herring - as we know from the one interview we've seen as well as a number of posts that we can expect to learn more about Machiavelli in book 3 - but we certainly know he's not the sorceress (unless there's something really funny going on!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif )

I didnt realise how sneaky he had been with that answer...
So now it could be someone we have met in book 1 or 2....

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#315 [url]

May 14 09 8:48 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ May 08, 2009 12:17 pm)
[QUOTE=dreamingofedward,May 07, 2009 11:06 pm] [QUOTE]I think he avoided answering that question directly, and instead said something to the effect of - it will be someone we have met by the end of the Sorceress.... so it could be someone we already know or someone new in book #3. I would guess Michael chose that wording very carefully....

although I had the same thought - that it's an awful big coincidence that we will learn a lot more about St Germain in book 4 and the necromancer is book 4 too.... although that could be a red herring - as we know from the one interview we've seen as well as a number of posts that we can expect to learn more about Machiavelli in book 3 - but we certainly know he's not the sorceress (unless there's something really funny going on!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif ) [/QUOTE]
I didnt realise how sneaky he had been with that answer...
So now it could be someone we have met in book 1 or 2....

That's the thing with authors though, they are very sneaky or vague when it comes to talking about books. But sometimes I do think you can get clues from what they say, but those could coincidences.

Quote    Reply   

#316 [url]

May 15 09 4:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up Scott. I think everybody knew perry is the sorceress. The series is a very interesting because The Alchemyst kinda starts with and focuses on Nicholas (hence the title) it still kinda eplains everybody else too. which in my opinion makes the book even better. I would like to know more about Scathach (she is one of my favorites) and im a little sad that Hekate had to die so soon. even though she had some anger issues she seemed like she could have been a lote of help

QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 25, 2008 02:21 am)
So you think Machiavelli will change sides..do you think he is smart enough to find out who the Dark Elder that gave Dr.Dee his immortality is?

flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif I dont know about you but it seems to me that Machiavelli is turning out to be a big softy. I start to see it when he start to talk to josh. Especially when it seemed like he was trying to convince josh to leave when they were in the tomb beneath france. Does anyone else see what im seeing?

Please use the edit button to reply to multiple posts! Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

#317 [url]

May 15 09 12:39 PM

I'm new so I'm sorry if this has already been talked about (I've been trying to catch up as best I can), but I was wondering HOW exactly Nicholas expects Gilgamesh to teach the twins any magic if he can't use it himself- I was under the impression the others (Hekate, St. Germain, the Witch of Endor...) were using magic to teach their magic. I mean, I know Gilgamesh has all this knowledge of all magics, especially the elemental magic of water, but if he has no aura to transfer it through, how will he do it?

As I was forming my question above I thought of Joan and how she imparted knowledge to Sophie while she was sleeping- do you think she really was simply talking to Sophie's subconscious? I guess even though it does say that I still, without realizing it, assumed talking to Sophie's subconscious worked because she was in some part using her aura to transfer that knowledge, but maybe not... lol, I hate making assumptions when I don't realize that's what I'm doing, it really makes for some misunderstandings! Point being, maybe Gilgamesh could speak to the twins' subconscious somehow, asleep or not, and that's how he would impart his expertise in the elemental magic of water.

On a side note, I'm also starting to get pretty anxious about my copy of The Sorceress; I pre-ordered it through Amazon, but estimated delivery isn't until June 1! That's almost a whole week after you all will have yours!! Think I should cancel my Amazon order and just reserve a copy to pick up ON May 26 at Borders or something? I do...

---
Wait, look, notice.

---
Aura: sage.
Scent: eucalyptus.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#318 [url]

May 15 09 12:45 PM

QUOTE (MinnowPea @ May 15, 2009 07:39 am)
I'm new so I'm sorry if this has already been talked about (I've been trying to catch up as best I can), but I was wondering HOW exactly Nicholas expects Gilgamesh to teach the twins any magic if he can't use it himself- I was under the impression the others (Hekate, St. Germain, the Witch of Endor...) were using magic to teach their magic.  I mean, I know Gilgamesh has all this knowledge of all magics, especially the elemental magic of water, but if he has no aura to transfer it through, how will he do it?

As I was forming my question above I thought of Joan and how she imparted knowledge to Sophie while she was sleeping- do you think she really was simply talking to Sophie's subconscious?  I guess even though it does say that I still, without realizing it, assumed talking to Sophie's subconscious worked because she was in some part using her aura to transfer that knowledge, but maybe not... lol, I hate making assumptions when I don't realize that's what I'm doing, it really makes for some misunderstandings!  Point being, maybe Gilgamesh could speak to the twins' subconscious somehow, asleep or not, and that's how he would impart his expertise in the elemental magic of water.

On a side note, I'm also starting to get pretty anxious about my copy of The Sorceress; I pre-ordered it through Amazon, but estimated delivery isn't until June 1!  That's almost a whole week after you all will have yours!!  Think I should cancel my Amazon order and just reserve a copy to pick up ON May 26 at Borders or something?  I do...

I think thats one of the many big mysteries we hope to uncover in the Sorceress, how and if Gilgamesh will actually train the twins. Luckily we dont have much longer to wait. But im guessing Gilgamesh probably has a way to train the twins, otherwise flamel probably wouldnt be taking the twins to him and risking a trip through london, dee's territory, to do so.

As for ordering on Amazon sometimes when they give a estimated delivery date it comes early as they over estimate the time delivery takes, but not always the case, if you are looking forward to cracking open the book ASAP maybe a trip to the bookstore wouldnt be such a bad idea. But its up to you!

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#319 [url]

May 15 09 12:47 PM

QUOTE (MinnowPea @ May 15, 2009 08:39 am)
On a side note, I'm also starting to get pretty anxious about my copy of The Sorceress; I pre-ordered it through Amazon, but estimated delivery isn't until June 1! That's almost a whole week after you all will have yours!! Think I should cancel my Amazon order and just reserve a copy to pick up ON May 26 at Borders or something? I do...

That's why I never preorder books I'm excited for online. I know, so long as I can get to the bookstore, it will be there and I will have it that day. (if I can't get to the bookstore, it probably means i don't have the time to read it that day anyways, so it doesn't matter)

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#320 [url]

May 16 09 1:01 AM

QUOTE (MinnowPea @ May 15, 2009 08:39 am)
I'm new so I'm sorry if this has already been talked about (I've been trying to catch up as best I can), but I was wondering HOW exactly Nicholas expects Gilgamesh to teach the twins any magic if he can't use it himself- I was under the impression the others (Hekate, St. Germain, the Witch of Endor...) were using magic to teach their magic. I mean, I know Gilgamesh has all this knowledge of all magics, especially the elemental magic of water, but if he has no aura to transfer it through, how will he do it?

As I was forming my question above I thought of Joan and how she imparted knowledge to Sophie while she was sleeping- do you think she really was simply talking to Sophie's subconscious? I guess even though it does say that I still, without realizing it, assumed talking to Sophie's subconscious worked because she was in some part using her aura to transfer that knowledge, but maybe not... lol, I hate making assumptions when I don't realize that's what I'm doing, it really makes for some misunderstandings! Point being, maybe Gilgamesh could speak to the twins' subconscious somehow, asleep or not, and that's how he would impart his expertise in the elemental magic of water.

Well, there are always texts to use...and Gilgamesh knows how to use the magic, he just can't. So he could instruct the twins perfectly well...if he agreees.
And Hekate- she was Awakening Sophie, so she would have to be able to, not just know how, because Awakening is a special ability, so really, only knowing how might be a bit redundant. Unless someone could but didn't know how.
Hope this helps!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help