Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 2 08 1:44 AM

Tags : :

So we have until May 26th 2009 to wait and see if we can guess it right..what are your predictions for this book..who do you think the Sorceress will be? Do you think Josh will have a better grasp on his powers yet? Will the Sorceress be good or evil, will she help, hurt...or hinder our twins?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 19 08 4:31 PM

I think Perenelle is the Sorceress. Josh's powers may start to overwhelm him(mainly Mars's memories) and they'd need someone's help to keep his powers in check. Lastly, Scathach will come back and save the day.(She can't be dead!!)

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Oct 19 08 8:21 PM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 19, 2008 05:31 pm)
I think Perenelle is the Sorceress. Josh's powers may start to overwhelm him(mainly Mars's memories) and they'd need someone's help to keep his powers in check. Lastly, Scathach will come back and save the day.(She can't be dead!!)

Ah a thinker on the same path as I!! I too suspect the sorceress will be Perenelle, having racked my brain I can only think of two others that could possibly fit in with the story and those are Morgana and Morgause, both from Arthurian legend and both possibly half-sisters to Arthur and mothers to the treacherous Mordred.
And, no, I don't think for one minute that Scatty is dead! I think we'll be hearing a lot more from her yet!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Oct 19 08 9:39 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 19, 2008 09:53 pm)
It only makes sense.

The Alchemyst is Flamel
The Magician is Dee
The Sorceress has to be Perenelle

I see the logic in that so if you follow that line of thought..who is your guess for the Necromancer then?
Also, any ideas on exactly what the extra "gift" that Mars Ultor gave Josh was?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 20 08 2:16 AM

im really impressed with this book so far i started reading the Alchemyst probably SP but still it was by chance i saw it in in walmart and was like hmmmmmm should i buy this? at the moment i was buying quite alot of books with this i bought Inkheart (also a good book highly reccomend!) anyways i read it and i was glued to it..i read the teaser chapter for the Magician and am now as we speak on the final chapters of the Magician as of now my thoughts as to who the Sorceress is is Perenelle but if you think does she escape the island with the spider peson? if its in the Magician im sorry as i said i am not finish however it could be an immortal and or a elder which we don't know of and the Magician i think would be the master of fire guy because it makes since that the necromancer would be DEE i mean c'mon he raised a army of the dead many times and hes also quoted that before a magician he IS a necromancer so think about it..he is the necromancer Germain or whatever is the magician Flamel is the Alchemyst and Perenelle is the Sorceress or it could be Perenelle's teacher.. i can't wait to see.. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Oct 20 08 11:21 AM

But Michael does go out of his way in The Magician to constantly refer to Dee as the magician...

I'm not sure about the necromancer though... of course we still have a bit till we get there. A new character maybe... Dee's teacher of necromancy possibly.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 20 08 8:44 PM

you have a good point i just finished the magician last night and cant wait to read the sorceress although im still convinced that the magician is is either Dee or Germain it would be cool if Michael told us although i find it unlikely

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Oct 21 08 3:14 AM

I'm inclined to go with Hitman on the guess at the Magician..my favourite contender for the Necromancer is the Witch of Endor..she is a noted Necromancer and appears named as that in the Bible..Old Testament, Book of Samuel.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 21 08 8:16 PM

yes you might be right but you have to remember of all the hints Michael lead for us to think that the necromancer might be Dee ill give you an example

In all of his books THUS FAR up until the sorceress hes been referred to as an necromancer. If you think about it when he stated to hmm i forget who but i do remember him saying it and he held a huge display of his necromancy powers as he raised the entire graveyard outside of the witch of Endor's shop, also in the first book but lets not forget that he and Machiavelli or whatever his name is had that display towards the end of the magician im not sure if that counts as necromancy but if it does then that also entitles them to both be candidates for the necromancer hince towards the end

::SPOILER::

When Machiavelli and Dee stated that they should train josh...just another assumption of mine im trying not to over think things but there also could be an entirely new character. can't wait to find out.

flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Oct 22 08 12:26 AM

QUOTE (John @ October 21, 2008 09:16 pm)
yes you might be right but you have to remember of all the hints Michael lead for us to think that the necromancer might be Dee ill give you an example

In all of his books THUS FAR up until the sorceress hes been referred to as an necromancer. If you think about it when he stated to hmm i forget who but i do remember him saying it and he held a huge display of his necromancy powers as he raised the entire graveyard outside of the witch of Endor's shop, also in the first book but lets not forget that he and Machiavelli or whatever his name is had that display towards the end of the magician im not sure if that counts as necromancy but if it does then that also entitles them to both be candidates for the necromancer hince towards the end

::SPOILER::

When Machiavelli and Dee stated that they should train josh...just another assumption of mine im trying not to over think things but there also could be an entirely new character. can't wait to find out.

flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif  flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

Nice thinking John..and don't worry about over-thinking things, that's the whole point of the forum...to think freely and discuss..every opinion is welcome! I like that you have included some details from the books that support your theories too flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 22 08 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 19, 2008 04:31 pm)

I think Perenelle is the Sorceress too! To your Scathach comment though, I trust that Scathach will survive. Besides she defeated Dagon's whole civilization underwater. She doesn't breathe underwater because she does not breathe air.
flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Quitters never win and Winners never quit.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 22 08 1:04 AM

QUOTE (Kyrptos @ October 22, 2008 12:51 am)
QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 19, 2008 04:31 pm)

I think Perenelle is the Sorceress too! To your Scathach comment though, I trust that Scathach will survive. Besides she defeated Dagon's whole civilization underwater. She doesn't breathe underwater because she does not breathe air.
flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

yes i also believe scatnach will live and if she doesn't then i will be utterly disappointed, you never know what could happen in a wonderful book as this because even tho she may have defeated there entire civilization you never know she was still very weak from the beating Nidhogg gave her.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 23 08 2:47 AM

I agree that Perenelle is the Soceress. Im thinking that (spoiler for people who havent read the first chapter of the 3rd book) Gennii Cucullati capture the kids and Nicholas and its up to Perenelle to save them.

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Oct 23 08 5:46 AM

I think I may be able to solve some of this.

Each book is named after a character in the book:

Alchemyst = Flamel
Magician = Dee

Spoiler below, don't scroll if you don't want to see...

Sorceress = Perenelle

The fourth book is the Necromancer. And I will reveal exclusively here, that it is not a new character. It will be someone you've met by the end of Book 3.

Of course, I've just realized that by supplying this information, I've probably killed this thread!

Best wishes to everyone,

Michael

Michael Scott

www.dillonscott.com
www.secretsofnicholasflamel.com
www.thealchemyst.co.uk
www.alchemyst.jp
www.elalquimistaflamel.com
www.nicholas-flamel.de
http://www.randomhouse.com/author/results....?authorid=27479
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/autho...m?authorID=6740
http://www.randomhouse.com.au/house/index.asp

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Oct 24 08 5:15 PM

Thanks Michael! It's great that you are willing to supply that info. And, I am sure you didn't kill this thread. We just need to come up with a few theories to start sharing, shooting down, etc. With this group (at least those I know from the HP quest and Twilight forum), I am sure it is merely a matter of time before we have lots of ideas as to what to expect... even if they turn out to be totally wrong!

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Oct 24 08 5:40 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ October 24, 2008 12:15 pm)
Thanks Michael! It's great that you are willing to supply that info. And, I am sure you didn't kill this thread. We just need to come up with a few theories to start sharing, shooting down, etc. With this group (at least those I know from the HP quest and Twilight forum), I am sure it is merely a matter of time before we have lots of ideas as to what to expect... even if they turn out to be totally wrong!

haha yes that is very true, Im sure i will have a lot of goofy theories to come i just need to finish reading the magician first Plus i think more and more theories will emerge the closer it gets to the release of the sorceress.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help