Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 6 12 6:01 AM

I wonder since Aten supports the humani, and Anubis dosnt could Anubis just say he Aten and be Machiavellis elder master
nah i doubt it

Aura: Navy Blue
Scent: Sea breeze
Master of Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 7 12 6:20 AM

Hmm... well it would explain why Aten as Akhenaten outlawed the worship of the old Egyptian gods in favor of himself- he actually likes humans. Bastet and Anubis obviously don't. If Anubis survived, it would give a reason for Aten to outlaw worship of him during his rule.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 7 12 6:55 PM

Perhaps he isn't really a Dark Elder? Or maybe he got bitter after people decided to erase the memory of his rule as Akhenaten and force his son to worship Anubis, Bastet, and his other unruly family members for national stability?

Oh, here's a thought. Maybe Tut's death was arranged by Bastet and Anubis? Perhaps that is what made Aten so angry that he decided to go against humans, because Anubis and Bastet paid a human to kill his son?

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#25 [url]

Aug 7 12 8:22 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 07, 2012 06:55 pm)
Perhaps he isn't really a Dark Elder? Or maybe he got bitter after people decided to erase the memory of his rule as Akhenaten and force his son to worship Anubis, Bastet, and his other unruly family members for national stability?

Oh, here's a thought. Maybe Tut's death was arranged by Bastet and Anubis? Perhaps that is what made Aten so angry that he decided to go against humans, because Anubis and Bastet paid a human to kill his son?

Those are all great theories. I believe that Aten might be trying to make sure that when the Dark Elders come, humans at least have a place, as opposed to the other Dark Elders, who want them completely annihilated.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 7 12 8:48 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 07, 2012 08:22 pm)

Those are all great theories. I believe that Aten might be trying to make sure that when the Dark Elders come, humans at least have a place, as opposed to the other Dark Elders, who want them completely annihilated.

Good point,Most elders wanted the humans to completely exterminated

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#27 [url]

Aug 8 12 1:34 AM

QUOTE (BirdGuy @ August 07, 2012 08:48 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 07, 2012 08:22 pm)

Good point,Most elders wanted the humans to completely exterminated

Exactly, and I believe that this may be Aten's faction, as mentioned in the third book, the one that wants the humani to survive.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Aug 8 12 6:15 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 08, 2012 12:58 pm)
So there's a third faction of Elders? What will we call them- the Grey Elders?

I think the Term you are looking for is great elder. But I think only Anubis' grandfather Thoth was a great elder.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Aug 8 12 6:26 PM

No- I meant "Grey Elders". What hippogriff was saying that within the Dark Elders there may be a faction- probably led by Aten because of what we know about him now -that wants Elders to take control of the world again, but they want humans to survive. I jokingly called them "The Grey Elders".

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Aug 8 12 7:29 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 08, 2012 01:26 pm)
No- I meant "Grey Elders". What hippogriff was saying that within the Dark Elders there may be a faction- probably led by Aten because of what we know about him now -that wants Elders to take control of the world again, but they want humans to survive. I jokingly called them "The Grey Elders".

ahh i see so you meant, inbetween supporting the humani and strictly supporting the elders. in that "grey" area. I actually think most the elders fall into that area, its hard to really say one way or the other because they frequently do things that are for their own good. Look at Anubis, he's a great example of this. He frequently follows his mother, but he has his own ideas on how he thinks he should rule. It's not explicitly stated but he doesnt seem to be a lover of the humani. Whereas Aten airs more toward the side of supporting them, and appears to be one of their champions. I think he found the error in his ways, but that doesnt mean he doesnt also root for his own survival. Its just a matter of whether or not the elders think the humani play a role in the continuation of the elder race. In Aten's case it seems he thinks the humani are valuable allies but Anubis appears more interested in the survival of the elders and eliminating the humani.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#33 [url]

Aug 8 12 9:23 PM

QUOTE (Matthewc1998 @ August 08, 2012 06:03 pm)
Who else do you think is a grey elder

well, i can''t think of many that are mentioned, but Aten's queen, if she survives Danu Talis's fall, I was thinking Quetzalcoatl, until i read the Enchantress, and now I believe that he is a dark elder, and beyond that I am not sure. Perhaps as more short stores are available, we will possibly have more information about this, But yes, alot of elders seem to fall into the "Grey" area. By the way, I love that name!

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Aug 9 12 2:19 AM

Thank-you. I came up with it as a joke, but at least you have a good name for these guys now right? Also- isn't there some suggestion [or at least speculation] that Aten's [first?] wife was human? As a lot of evidence, (Mainly what Josh read in the Codex) seems to indicate that Virginia was his second wife.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#35 [url]

Aug 9 12 2:29 AM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 09, 2012 02:19 am)
Thank-you. I came up with it as a joke, but at least you have a good name for these guys now right? Also- isn't there some suggestion [or at least speculation] that Aten's [first?] wife was human? As a lot of evidence, (Mainly what Josh read in the Codex) seems to indicate that Virginia was his second wife.

Yes, I agree with those theories, and Grey Elders sure works as a name for this group, but maybe this all belongs in the Aten thread, not Anubis. I just realized that.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Aug 10 12 3:18 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 08, 2012 09:29 pm)
but maybe this all belongs in the Aten thread, not Anubis. I just realized that.

Yes! Please get back on topic of Anubis, who is clearly not a "Grey Elder" lol

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 12 12 5:18 AM

More than likely, though I'd like to believe that if he did banish his mother he might have turned out to be a relatively just ruler, who may or may not have revoked his brother's decree to make the humani citizens of Danu Talis. He wouldn't have done anything to advance their position, but I doubt that he would have worsened it, without his mother having told him to.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#40 [url]

Aug 12 12 5:18 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin @ August 12, 2012 05:18 am)
More than likely, though I'd like to believe that if he did banish his mother he might have turned out to be a relatively just ruler, who may or may not have revoked his brother's decree to make the humani citizens of Danu Talis. He wouldn't have done anything to advance their position, but I doubt that he would have worsened it, without his mother having told him to.

Very true. I think that Anubis is a Dark Elder, but mainly just because of his mother's influence, and he would be a bit closer to the Gray area if she was not around.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help