Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:28 AM

Hel is immensely powerful as she ruled over Niflheim, which housed the nidhogg as well as being attached to the adjacent realms of the yggdrasil of both hekate and Odin. I'm sure if she survives the upcoming battles she will restore her shattered Nifflheim.

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:36 AM

Yeah, do you think she'll bring one of her creatures there?

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:53 AM

I have no idea. The nidhogg was slain by Josh when he was wielding Clarent. Perhaps she'll bring Fenrir or the Midgard serpent with her. You never know what to expect from either hel or Mr. Scott.

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:59 AM

maybe she used them on Danu Talis, and maybe she didn't have them at all.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Oct 21 11 2:36 AM

Yeah, thinking that her Shadowrealm got destroyed, I hope she had saved some of them though, I bet it would be very helpful..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#86 [url]

Nov 18 11 2:04 AM

This is sort of an flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif question, but why would anyone want to curse Hel? While she is a powerful, potentially evil (at least in the past), goddess, I think that there would have to be a little motive behind it...

Quote    Reply   

#87 [url]

Nov 18 11 7:57 AM

QUOTE (tigerpaw99)
This is sort of an flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif question, but why would anyone want to curse Hel? While she is a powerful, potentially evil (at least in the past), goddess, I think that there would have to be a little motive behind it...

You're not flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif as long as you're talking about Hel.
We don't know the reason why Hel is cursed. But according to Norse mythology, Hel is one of the three children of Loki and Angrboda.
Loki is a trickster and a god of mischief. Loki and his family brought tremendous trouble to the gods, and they were punished.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#88 [url]

Nov 18 11 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 18, 2011 07:57 am)
QUOTE (tigerpaw99)

We don't know the reason why Hel is cursed. But according to Norse mythology, Hel is one of the three children of Loki and Angrboda.
Loki is a trickster and a god of mischief. Loki and his family brought tremendous trouble to the gods, and they were punished.

According to Norse myth, Hel was born with half of her bones exposed and this is the reason why she ask leave from Asgard and was tasked to rule Niflheim by Odin. Some versions of myth tell you however she was banished. Other versions also says half of her body was rotting, perhaps her age developed the rotting further reducing her to how she was described in The Warlock.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#89 [url]

Nov 18 11 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ November 18, 2011 10:00 am)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 18, 2011 07:57 am)
QUOTE (tigerpaw99)

According to Norse myth, Hel was born with half of her bones exposed and this is the reason why she ask leave from Asgard and was tasked to rule Niflheim by Odin. Some versions of myth tell you however she was banished. Other versions also says half of her body was rotting, perhaps her age developed the rotting further reducing her to how she was described in The Warlock.

Poor Hel, she was cool though..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#90 [url]

Nov 19 11 3:35 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff)

Does this mean that the reason why Hel was thrown into Niflheim is because of her physical appearance? That's quite mean... flamelssecret/crying.gif
Odin's thoughts in The Warlock reveals that she was beautiful once, and she only became withered-looking because of a curse. flamelssecret/read.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#91 [url]

Nov 19 11 4:00 PM

Just a theory, but perhaps Hel was the "evil" one of a set of twins. Maybe she has a "good" twin sister who's been hidden from everyone.

And maybe her name is "Hec".

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#92 [url]

Nov 19 11 8:01 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 19, 2011 03:35 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff)

Does this mean that the reason why Hel was thrown into Niflheim is because of her physical appearance? That's quite mean... flamelssecret/crying.gif
Odin's thoughts in The Warlock reveals that she was beautiful once, and she only became withered-looking because of a curse. flamelssecret/read.gif

According to myth when she and her brothers were brought to be raised in Asgard she felt lonely and unhappy, because of how she looked the other Aesirs avoided her, so she requested leave from Asgard and Odin granted it to her and gave her Niflheim to rule calling it Helheim. You are correct however that Odin saw a glimpse of Hel's former beauty when they met in that steel-like Shadowrealm and we saw another glimpse of it at the barbecue while she was reading her tablet.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#94 [url]

Jan 15 12 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Tempus Fugit @ January 15, 2012 10:12 am)
If the Elders can remove the curse from Hel, maybe they put it on her in the first place to hobble her power? Seeing as she is a Queen of the Dead.

Wonderful theory! I can kind of see where you got that. I agree with you a little bit too.

Please just call me Pi3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751...

user posted image
Aura color: Purple
Aura scent: Grapes

Quote    Reply   

#95 [url]

Jan 16 12 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Tempus Fugit @ January 15, 2012 10:12 am)
If the Elders can remove the curse from Hel, maybe they put it on her in the first place to hobble her power? Seeing as she is a Queen of the Dead.

We aren't really sure that Hel was entitled Queen of the Dead, maybe she was called that after her curse.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#97 [url]

Jul 11 12 5:39 PM

I felt it a shame that hel had to die. I always have had the greatest of interests in the mythology and folklore of the Scandinavian people, and Hel appears often in their Sagas as a very powerful god. She did not die without honor and her final stand was one of immense bravery and valour, however tragic her demise!

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#98 [url]

Jul 26 12 2:41 PM

QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ July 11, 2012 05:39 pm)
I felt it a shame that hel had to die. I always have had the greatest of interests in the mythology and folklore of the Scandinavian people, and Hel appears often in their Sagas as a very powerful god. She did not die without honor and her final stand was one of immense bravery and valour, however tragic her demise!

I agree. It was sad, especially how she reverted to her original beutiful form right before she melted away. flamelssecret/crying.gif
That being said, her character was extremely well written, and it is great that despite being a relatively minor character, she still had her own minor subplot (The fact that she used to be beutiful, which is repeatedly brought up, until she reverts to that form right before her demise.)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help