Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#161 [url]

Aug 13 12 6:58 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 13, 2012 06:00 pm)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ August 13, 2012 07:51 am)
I definitely agree with Nurmengard. Interesting information though.

Yes, it is certainly interesting. hecate may have been able to control Sophie, but the fact that she did not want to may have afected the process. However, we have no proof that Mars was intending on controlling Josh when he awakened him, though I may be wrong.

I think the Awakening leaves a mark on whoever was Awakened by the person who Awakened them. It was hinted on several time in the course of books 2-4 that there is a connection between the Awakened and the one to grant it, and this connection may be used to influence the Awakened. In the case of Mars' temporary take-over of Josh in The Necromancer, Mars was only able to gain a semblance of control over Josh because of his exhaustion from the day and his training with Prometheus, his influence was more potent mainly because Josh thought he was dreaming, had he been lucid he might have rationalized things and maybe set aside Mars' influence on him, so I don't think the 'intent' of the one grating the Awakening really affects the way the connection is used. That's just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#162 [url]

Aug 13 12 7:21 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 13, 2012 06:58 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 13, 2012 06:00 pm)
QUOTE (Aethermagic @ August 13, 2012 07:51 am)
I definitely agree with Nurmengard. Interesting information though.

Yes, it is certainly interesting. hecate may have been able to control Sophie, but the fact that she did not want to may have afected the process. However, we have no proof that Mars was intending on controlling Josh when he awakened him, though I may be wrong.

I think the Awakening leaves a mark on whoever was Awakened by the person who Awakened them. It was hinted on several time in the course of books 2-4 that there is a connection between the Awakened and the one to grant it, and this connection may be used to influence the Awakened. In the case of Mars' temporary take-over of Josh in The Necromancer, Mars was only able to gain a semblance of control over Josh because of his exhaustion from the day and his training with Prometheus, his influence was more potent mainly because Josh thought he was dreaming, had he been lucid he might have rationalized things and maybe set aside Mars' influence on him, so I don't think the 'intent' of the one grating the Awakening really affects the way the connection is used. That's just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif

I completely agree, and that was very well stated, Moviebuff. I believe that you are correct.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help