Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 9 08 12:45 AM

Tags : :

Do you have a favourite chapter, scene or quote from The Magician? Why not share it with everyone and tell us why it's your favourite! flamelssecret/clap3.gif
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Nov 12 08 1:55 PM

my Most favourite scenes are two -: first the chat between josh and nicholas when they're going to the eiffel tower and the second when sophie comes to the place where josh is being awakened by mars, and especially the conversation between mars and sophie....and even st. germain was good, especially when he was funny....oh and also that scene when the house's kitchen is destroyed by the nidhogg and flamel and germain are talking....but these are just a bit better than other scenes, but mann....i love the books...............

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Nov 12 08 2:10 PM

I absolutely love the scenes in the catacombs, and the whole bit where we are introduced to mars and he awakens josh, the whole time they were down there, it was just so vivid in my mind, I almost felt like i was there.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 12 08 10:50 PM

My favorite scene is when Machiavelli is driving. That part made me laugh out loud the first time that I read it!

I also liked Josh's awakening and the Eiffel Tower scene with St.Germain. That was just plain awesome.

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Nov 14 08 2:21 PM

Favorite quote (by Scatty, of course flamelssecret/vamp.gif ):

QUOTE (The Magician)
I tried teaching ninjas, but they were never that good, believe me.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Nov 27 08 1:41 PM

Gotta say i love that Scatty quote as well! I know theres another one that i really liked in the book but i cant remember it exactly so ill have to go hunt it down!

Again, like i was saying for the Alchemyst, i really like when scenes are described with lots of details. So of course my fav scene is when the kitchen is being destroyed and when the ladies are fighting off the Valkyries! Truely awsome. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Another scene that caught my attention was when the twins arrived at St-Germain's house. I, too, was expecting some sort of mansion so was kind of disapointed when they described the area. I had to reread that part a second time to take in all the details and to appreciate the scene and realize how well it represent St-Germain! Who knows, maybe a wallpaper will be coming soon! (Hint! Hint!)

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Nov 27 08 3:09 PM

QUOTE (baksh @ November 13, 2008 05:56 pm)
i would like to add the scene in which dagon remembers the scene of the fight of the original twins on the main pyramid of danu talis....
Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 7 08 6:25 AM

Favorite scene Dee and Machiavelli watching as Josh chases after scatty when she was captured with Clarent. I just like picturing the expresions on their faces as they see (i know i'll misspell it srry dont have a book on me to check) Nizvohg being chased by a gold glowing kid.

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Dec 9 08 6:48 PM

QUOTE (Nalic @ December 07, 2008 01:25 am)
Favorite scene Dee and Machiavelli watching as Josh chases after scatty when she was captured with Clarent. I just like picturing the expresions on their faces as they see (i know i'll misspell it srry dont have a book on me to check) Nizvohg being chased by a gold glowing kid.

No apologies necessary - I can't spell sometimes even with the book in front of me!!!

And after reading your description of that scene, I think I like it even more! "gold glowing kid" hehehe flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 16 08 4:27 PM

My favorite part would have to be when Josh touches Sophie and Joan touches the count and they just annihilate all of the gargoyles. The mere contact of each pair being able to amplify their abilities by at least tenfold is just amazing! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

Also, the part in the same chapter when Joan sniped Machiavelli was pretty funny. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Dec 30 08 5:18 PM

My favourite bits were (as above) when Josh and Sophie and then the Count and Joan combined their auric energy...I could see it in my head and it looked great...I also liked Perry dealing with the Morrigan and also the exchange she had with A-E...it seemed so flippant in places! And when the Count came downstairs after the battle with the Disir and was so bemused initially!

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 31 08 5:27 AM

My favourite had to have been when Jeanne, Sophie and Josh combine their auras. That was so great. I too could visualize it vividly. It honestly gave me goosebumps.
It was one of those moments when I was sitting in my room at 2am, saying out loud ' HOLY AWESOMENESS!' flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

*Please keep it clean! *

__. ; Kelso Kunitz

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 3 09 8:40 AM

My favorite part is when the Valkyrie says
"Little girl, i'm going to teach you not to play with fire!"
And then sophie beats everything out of her with 2 elemental magics...

"Battles are won by men, wars are won by strategists"

Aura color: Lime Green
Magical Scent: Green Apples
Magical Specialty: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Water

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 5 09 2:17 AM

My fave instance what at the end, I think, when they were battling the Gargoyles and then Josh/Sophie & Francis/Joan combined their auras for an all out assault using common sense physics.

Oh, and the imagery of Joan shooting an arrow through Machiavelli's leg and that seeming to take him out of commission. That reminded me of the history of Joan of Arc, where she was wounded with an arrow through her neck yet she returned to battle and led the final charge into battle. That was a nice bit of comparitive imagery in my head.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 11 09 5:59 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 05, 2009 02:17 am)
My fave instance what at the end, I think, when they were battling the Gargoyles and then Josh/Sophie & Francis/Joan combined their auras for an all out assault using common sense physics.

Oh, and the imagery of Joan shooting an arrow through Machiavelli's leg and that seeming to take him out of commission. That reminded me of the history of Joan of Arc, where she was wounded with an arrow through her neck yet she returned to battle and led the final charge into battle. That was a nice bit of comparitive imagery in my head.

I loved that part too, it was so amazing, it was really like four auras combined, Saint-Germain had the help of Joan, and Sophie had the help of Josh. It was amazing to see the affect. And it's true, Contraction and expansion can work like that if dramatic enough.
But I also love the part when Sophie combines the two magics to kill or defeat 2 of the Disir, especially because that's supposed to be impossible.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 9 09 11:34 PM

I liked well they way Michael had then end of a chapter and then what whoever says isn't going to happen does.

ex. when Nicholas is talking to the witch and she asks Nicholas to look after her and then he says something like "She's with Josh and Sophie right now, how much trouble can she get into" and then the next chapter starts and Scatty is just starting to fight with those RAID officers! ha ha I laughed at that part so much.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 17 09 1:55 AM

there are so many amazing parts in here. one of my favorites happens on page 243 right after Saint-Germain just finished teaching sophie about fire.

"But do I need to say anything?" Sophie asked. "Do I need to learn any words?"
     "Like what?"
     "Well,when you lit up the Eiffel Tower, you said something that sounded like eggness."
     "Ignis," the count said. "Latin for fire. No, you don't need to say anything."
     "Why did you do it, then?"
     Saint-Germain grinned. "I just thought it sounded cool."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help