Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Nov 9 08 12:44 AM

Tags : :

Do you have a favourite chapter, scene or quote from The Alchemyst? Why not share it with everyone and tell us why it's your favourite! flamelssecret/clap3.gif
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Nov 10 08 7:40 PM

I love the scenes in the world tree - where we get the description of what it looks like inside. I think the imagery was so great - it let me form such a vivd mental picture of what it would really have looked like.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 14 08 7:35 AM

My fave quote is " Pity we haven't got a sunroof." She said."I could get out there and give them a little taste of this." (Scatty, p.98..don't ask why I citied it.)
I can just picture if the car had a sunroof, Scatty would be on the roof in a flash, her nunchaku twirling as fast as lightning. Bruce Lee would be turning his grave for sure!

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Nov 14 08 1:17 PM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ November 14, 2008 01:35 am)
My fave quote is " Pity we haven't got a sunroof." She said."I could get out there and give them a little taste of this." (Scatty, p.98..don't ask why I citied it.)
I can just picture if the car had a sunroof, Scatty would be on the roof in a flash, her nunchaku twirling as fast as lightning. Bruce Lee would be turning his grave for sure!

haha yes that would be pretty awesome, maybe they will do that of the movie

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Nov 14 08 2:24 PM

My favorite quote is actually a small exchange between Scatty flamelssecret/vamp.gif, Flamel and the twins:

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Handle a war chariot while firing a bow or launching spears? Scatty added.  Or fly a lizard-nathair while using a slingshot?

I have no idea what a lizard-nathair is and I m not sure I want to know either.

So you see, you are experienced in certain skills, Flamel said, whereas we have other, somewhat older, but equally useful skills. He shot a sidelong glance at Scathach. Though I m not so sure about the nathair flying anymore.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 15 08 4:30 PM

well my favourite scene is when they are going to ojai, and nicholas tells the address to josh to put it in the gps, or whatever it was, and scatty says that please don't say we are going there, and sophie asks if it is another person with whom she has a fight with, she replies, no worse, she's my grandmother, that was really funny, and sorry for the above story, i think i m missing sumthing....

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Nov 19 08 4:06 AM

QUOTE (baksh @ November 15, 2008 11:30 am)
well my favourite scene is when they are going to ojai, and nicholas tells the address to josh to put it in the gps, or whatever it was, and scatty says that please don't say we are going there, and sophie asks if it is another person with whom she has a fight with, she replies, no worse, she's my grandmother, that was really funny, and sorry for the above story, i think i m missing sumthing....

that was a pretty funny scene!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 20 08 1:52 PM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 19, 2008 04:26 am)
I like the scene where Perry blows up Dee's fancy custom car.

i really felt pity for dee there......just joking, but, this reminds of of sahara by clive cussler in dirk pitt the protagonist, steals general zateb's, the antagonist's car, the avions voisin, a pretty rare and expensive car, and that was the time i felt pity for him....oh sorry, i just noticed i am straying off the topic, and coming back on the topic, i was saying that yeah that was disastrous for dee, and i bet more of his belongings are going to get destroyed....

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Nov 26 08 4:44 PM

Well my favorite quote is kinda obvious since i use it everywhere (hint: sig! ) since i read it. 'At the heart of every legend, there is a grain of thruth! by Scatty.
I think this quote is sooo powerful! Can you imagine if this was true? That would mean that vamps and werewolves and such really exist somewhere! i think that would be awesome!

I too also liked the scene where the World Tree is described. In my head, it looks like a wonderful place. And as for the battle scene, when Dee destroys the tree, i think that is an amazing scene! Lets hope they make it look awesome in the movie!

Another part of the book that i really liked was when they describe the Morrigan. I am very visual and when they describe characters or places with lots of details, my mind usually starts racing! I guess my Morrigan wallpaper just proves it! I think her description is fantastic!!!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 26 08 5:14 PM

well,it is true that at the heart of every legend there is a grain of truth in it, and a similar quote is the best lie is that which has a core of truth in it, well what that quote means(legend one) is that every legend is inspired from something in reality....

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 28 08 4:26 AM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ November 26, 2008 04:44 pm)
Well my favorite quote is kinda obvious since i use it everywhere (hint: sig! ) since i read it. 'At the heart of every legend, there is a grain of thruth! by Scatty.
I think this quote is sooo powerful! Can you imagine if this was true? That would mean that vamps and werewolves and such really exist somewhere! i think that would be awesome!

I too also liked the scene where the World Tree is described. In my head, it looks like a wonderful place. And as for the battle scene, when Dee destroys the tree, i think that is an amazing scene! Lets hope they make it look awesome in the movie!

Another part of the book that i really liked was when they describe the Morrigan. I am very visual and when they describe characters or places with lots of details, my mind usually starts racing! I guess my Morrigan wallpaper just proves it! I think her description is fantastic!!!

I agree with you on that.

The thing is werewolves are real it is a disease that causes humans to grow extra hair if you did not understand this then you would think they were shapeshifting into wolves. Vampires are based off of tribes of people in many parts of the world that would drink the blood of their dead enemies.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 5 08 6:57 PM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 28, 2008 04:26 am)

The thing is werewolves are real it is a disease that causes humans to grow extra hair if you did not understand this then you would think they were shapeshifting into wolves. Vampires are based off of tribes of people in many parts of the world that would drink the blood of their dead enemies.

There is also a 'mental illness' called Lycanthropy, or Clinical Lycanthropy in which the sufferer believes that they become a werewolf.
And if you'd like to become a werewolf then apparently sleeping in the nud in the light of a full moon will do it for you...or you could drink the water from a wolf's footprint..

My favourite scene is the one where The Witch of Endor is distracting Sophie by asking her about her family and using it to niggle Scatty with...I like the way that even though these beings are millenia old they still have complex family ties and bonds that they should adhere to, and I like the way that despite the fact Scatty is thousands she reverts to be a sulky teenager around her Gran, like her appearance suggests she is

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Dec 7 08 6:14 AM

QUOTE (The Alchemyst page 205)
But her brother darted past her and reached for Scathach's shoulder. His gingers never even touched her. Suddenly, he was caught, twisted, turned and then spun through the air. He hit the ground hard enough to drive the breath from his lungs, and he found himself staring down the length of Scathach's sword, the tip of which she held rock steady between his eyes. When she spoke, her voice was little more than a whisper. "Last night you insulted a goddess of the Elder Race; today you've managed to irritate one of the Next Generation-- and it's not even dawn yet." she added. The Warrior Maid sheathed her sword and looked over at a stunned Sophie. She hadn't even seen Scathach move. "Is he always like this?" Scatty asked.
"Like what?" Sophie asked.
"Foolish, ill-advised, reckless . . . ? Shall I go on?"

My fav quote

?!? TRANSMUTATION ?!?

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 9 08 3:55 AM

My fav scene, is when Hekate is awakening Sophie's senses, and she is lifted into the air solely by her auric energy, I hope they do this scene justice in the movie. I can't wait

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 3 09 8:33 AM

The part i can't get over is the part when Perry posseses Sophie, and confronts Bastet, it is sooo coool!

"Battles are won by men, wars are won by strategists"

Aura color: Lime Green
Magical Scent: Green Apples
Magical Specialty: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Water

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 5 09 1:58 AM

My fave was at the imagery of Dee calling up the Walking Dead in Ojai and the subsequent battle. I can just picture that so clearly in my mind.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 11 09 5:56 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ November 10, 2008 07:40 pm)
I love the scenes in the world tree - where we get the description of what it looks like inside. I think the imagery was so great - it let me form such a vivd mental picture of what it would really have looked like.

Me too, the description of that Shadowrealm was so vivid, it's definately one of the best descriptions I've read.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 11 09 8:18 PM

I love, in the first book,the picture I get when I first thought of Scatty. I thought of her of this super cool girl with a bit of a hot rod red guyish hairstyle with ivory white skin. Scatty is my favorite character and I love the way that the book first drew her out in that empty room.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help