Remove this ad

Jef

Sorcerer

#141 [url]

Mar 8 11 10:40 AM

I liked the description of Yggdrasil too, but also the first meeting with Scatty

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#142 [url]

Mar 12 11 10:53 PM

My favorite had to be yggdrasil falling, so touching

user posted image
Friend: Hey how's that book you got? Me: The Sorceress was great!!!! Friend: You already finished it? Me: Yeah! Friend: You only got it this morning! Me: I KNOW RIGHT!
Aura: Green
Scent: Evergreen Trees in winter like that fabreeze stuff...unhn like that

Quote    Reply   

#148 [url]

Oct 10 11 10:08 PM

I looved that part and The fight at the Witch of Endors place. But, of course, the whole book was EPIC!!!! And let's not forget the fight at Scatty's dojo.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#150 [url]

Oct 10 11 10:48 PM

Yes it is! I also thought that the Yggdrasil getting destroyed was amazing. And one the bridge with all the birds...that part kinda freaked me out, how they were all over the car and doing all that. These are all my favorite parts!

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Arantir

Spellcaster

#151 [url]

Oct 11 11 12:28 AM

QUOTE (theJet7 @ October 10, 2011 10:46 pm)
You're right. It's full of action, man flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Include the Yggdrasil's destruction, and it is the most epic moment! flamelssecret/forum trolls.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Aquamarine Aura Scent: Ocean Spray
Mastered Magic: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Ice, Aether, Lost Arts
Weapons: Zanmato, Elemental Blade of Light, Zwill Crossblade, Double Dagger of Wind
Mastered Arts: Necromancy, Summoning

Quote    Reply   

Arantir

Spellcaster

#153 [url]

Oct 11 11 2:38 AM

QUOTE (theJet7 @ October 11, 2011 02:34 am)
But it was kind of a bummer.....

Yes, but just picture Dee, Baster, and the Morrigan running for their lives while the entire world implodes around them. flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Aquamarine Aura Scent: Ocean Spray
Mastered Magic: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Ice, Aether, Lost Arts
Weapons: Zanmato, Elemental Blade of Light, Zwill Crossblade, Double Dagger of Wind
Mastered Arts: Necromancy, Summoning

Quote    Reply   

#154 [url]

Oct 18 11 8:11 AM

I liked the chapter when Perenelle sort of possessed Sophie making Bastet fearful for a moment..

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#156 [url]

Dec 31 11 2:46 AM

I've read The Alchemyst at least a dozen times just to myself, and five times out loud to sixth graders at school, and I honestly never noticed this before:

On page 225 of the US Edition, just before her Awakening, Sophie asks Nicholas, "We're going to be trained as magicians?"

Flamel's reply is: "As magicians and sorcerers, as necromancers, warlocks and even enchanters."

Doesn't that sound great for, like, a series of books... flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

#157 [url]

Jan 9 12 4:34 AM

I just started re-reading and i found that quite interesting as well.

My favorite character is Scathach easily from this book but for the whole series she and prometheus are just behind Mach

Auric Color: Arctic Green
Auric Scent: Pine
Magics: Fire, Air, Aether

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

Quote    Reply   

#158 [url]

Jan 9 12 5:17 AM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ December 31, 2011 02:46 am)
I've read The Alchemyst at least a dozen times just to myself, and five times out loud to sixth graders at school, and I honestly never noticed this before:

On page 225 of the US Edition, just before her Awakening, Sophie asks Nicholas, "We're going to be trained as magicians?"

Flamel's reply is: "As magicians and sorcerers, as necromancers, warlocks and even enchanters."

Doesn't that sound great for, like, a series of books... flamelssecret/clap3.gif

I haven't noticed this Papa Pat, after reading this it lead me to think that enchanters and enchantresses are the highest level of magic user.

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#159 [url]

Jan 14 12 6:11 PM

Another thing that might be worthy of note: Flamel doesn't tell the twins that they'll be trained as Alchemysts/Alchemists. Does this mean that alchemy is NOT going to be on their training list, or does it mean that Flamel himself will do the alchemycal teaching? Or something else entirely.

Wish May would hurry up and get here! flamelssecret/crying.gif

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#160 [url]

Jan 14 12 6:40 PM

There is a lot of science involved in Alchemy than any branch of magic whereas with others imagination is a crucial component, maybe he didn't mention it because it takes more time compared to others to master this art. I believe it was Perenelle who said that she never was a good alchemist because it needs focus and concentration, and she lets her imagination run wild.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help