Remove this ad

#121 [url]

Aug 11 10 4:18 PM

Perenelle recalled a time she'd been brushing her teeth when the ghost of an American president had appeared in the mirror in front of her. She'd almost swallowed the toothbrush.

-The Alchemyst, chapter 16, page 141

I love this quote simply because it makes me laugh, imagining Perry brushing her teeth and then this president pops up! It shows the downsides of being able to speak to ghosts...

In fact, I love this whole chapter because it showcases how special and powerful Perry really is. And how forgetful Nick can be.
I'm re-reading the Alchemyst now so these quotes are what I am loving along the way.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#123 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:34 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#124 [url]

Aug 18 10 3:45 PM

i think my favorite scene of the alchemist would be when they inter the shadow realm and the discrition of it and the yagrissal

QUOTE (Excalibur46 @ August 12, 2010 12:26 pm)
I absolutely loved this book, im immersed. I cant stop im going to have to keep reading them over again until the Warlock

im am totally with you im rereading them now

Please do not post twice in a row instead use the edit button to modify your post. Thanks ~SC

Aura color: Slate Blue
Aura scent: Ethylene Oxide

Quote    Reply   

#125 [url]

Aug 21 10 3:02 AM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ August 11, 2010 04:18 pm)
Perenelle recalled a time she'd been brushing her teeth when the ghost of an American president had appeared in the mirror in front of her. She'd almost swallowed the toothbrush.

-The Alchemyst, chapter 16, page 141

I love this quote simply because it makes me laugh, imagining Perry brushing her teeth and then this president pops up! It shows the downsides of being able to speak to ghosts...

In fact, I love this whole chapter because it showcases how special and powerful Perry really is. And how forgetful Nick can be.
I'm re-reading the Alchemyst now so these quotes are what I am loving along the way.

This quote makes me LOL!

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

#126 [url]

Aug 27 10 8:51 AM

I read The Alchemyst from March 12, 2010 to March 15, 2010.

My favorite scene: When Flamel, Scatty, and the twins were in Hekate's Shadowrealm. It's always good to visualize the description of the place and the goddess with three faces; and also how it was attacked and destroyed by Bastet, Morrigan and Dee.

flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#127 [url]

Aug 29 10 1:41 AM

I think my ultimate favorite part in this book was when the dead are raised and walk the streets of Ojai. That kinda struck me, because I live in an area that had a lot of families living in and around the tiny town I live in during the 1800s before the railroad station closed down. We have multiple cemeteries with marked and unmarked graves, and places in the woods with iron fencing around them and grave markers sitting there. If the dead were to walk around here, they'd spring up everywhere.......... flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif omg scary scary scary thought. flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Sep 5 10 8:42 PM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ August 29, 2010 01:41 am)
I think my ultimate favorite part in this book was when the dead are raised and walk the streets of Ojai. That kinda struck me, because I live in an area that had a lot of families living in and around the tiny town I live in during the 1800s before the railroad station closed down. We have multiple cemeteries with marked and unmarked graves, and places in the woods with iron fencing around them and grave markers sitting there. If the dead were to walk around here, they'd spring up everywhere.......... flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif omg scary scary scary thought. flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif

flamelssecret/hysterical.gif I have a stich in my side!

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

#129 [url]

Sep 13 10 6:50 AM

QUOTE (GreenAura127 @ July 07, 2009 06:02 pm)
I love the part in the Alchemyst where Perenelle puts herself into Sophie's body and defeats Bastet. That was awesome! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

yeah that was awsome

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

Sep 25 10 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ December 22, 2009 04:27 pm)
QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ December 22, 2009 12:20 pm)
I think I have a little crush on Scatty.... LOL!

Most of us do.

Haha, I'm not going to say I have a crush on Scatty (I'm a maiden like her, only weirder)...but I do love her! She's my favorite character!
I loved the whole book, but my favorite part was...
*drumroll please*
When they went into the mirror transported to Paris through a leyline! Nifty way to escape from Dee!
(And other parts where Scatty's included)

Hi, guys! (I'm new around here, hehe )

Minerva Celestyn
"Powers Intertwined, Wise Am I With Righteous Mind, Wisdom of Mankind."

VIOLET AURA COLOR, ROSEMARY SCENT

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#131 [url]

Oct 21 10 8:15 PM

My favorite scene is where dee and nick flemming are fighting in the book shop it was so subtle wink wink!!!!

Aura: Green Scent: Freshly Tilled Earth Specialty: Earth

Yours until Niagara Falls!

Quote    Reply   

#132 [url]

Nov 6 10 7:32 PM

My favorite quote is:
"The Dark Elders valued their privacy; their preference was for quiet, out-of-the-way places- small islands, patches of desert, countries like Switzerland..."

Aurum Est Potestas Aura Color: Sunset RED Aura Scent: Candy Corn Elemental Magics Learned: All Elemental Magics Mastered: Aether Time Fire Magic Specialty: Necromancy/Alchemy Alignment: Neutral/ Utalga

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spellcaster

#133 [url]

Dec 6 10 12:49 AM

I don't know why, but one of my favorite parts is when Scatty and Nicholas were talking about how Scatty should get over what happened to her and Hekate. My favorite part is when they met Scatty. ....All my favorite parts have Scathach in it

Aura Colour: Blue
Scent:Lilies

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#134 [url]

Dec 14 10 12:12 AM

well fist of all loved the whole book what a way to kick off a series but my fav part was probally when dee and nick were fighting at the begining then when Nick said that magic was real

Aura color:diomand blueAura scent:grassdew Element:earth

people come and go but life is forever

Quote    Reply   

#135 [url]

Dec 14 10 12:21 AM

One of my favorite scenes was the part where they fought in Hekate's Shadowrealm.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

Jan 16 11 11:54 PM

good parts but the best is the giant flying snakes that scared line removed josh and sophie but they were just tryin to help them
funny stuff flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

I have removed an autocensor from your post please remember to keep your posts family friendly. Thanks ~SC

user posted image
Aura:[/b] Dark Navy Blue Scent: A Five Star Kitchen
Skill: Alchemy
Elements: Time Training

Quote    Reply   

#140 [url]

Feb 25 11 9:41 PM

I loved the Yggdrasill. I was so sad when it died.
It actually reminded of Avatar a lot. (giant tree inhabited by flying lizard things, and animal/people, being attacked and destroyed)

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help