Ohhh, this is hard. I'll most likely come back and edit this later, but here we go.
Top 5 Books I Read This Year (in no particular order):
1. Hunger Games (and the rest) by Suzanne Collins
2. The Cruise of the Snark by Jack London
3. Oath Breaker, by Michelle Paver
4. The Necromancer (obviously)
5. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Top 5 Worst (and these are not so much terrible as somewhat disappointing):
1. Ella Eris and the Pirates of Redemption, by Albert Berg
2. The House of the Vampire, by George Viereck
3. The Diamond of Darkhold, by Jeanne DuPrau (not bad in and of itself, but that series should've ended with book three and this is book four)
4. The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown
5. (I'll think of something later. Less-than-awesome books are usually put down after the first third and quickly drop out of my memory. ^^)
Top 5 re-reads:
1. The Sea Wolf, by Jack London (a perennial favorite)
2. The Great Gatsby
4. The Amulet of Samarkand, by Jonathan Stroud
5. Fire, by Kristin Cashore
Top 5 Recommended:
1. Anything by Jack London. And if that doesn't count, White Fang in particular.
2. Obvi, the Alchemyst
3. The Hunger Games
4. Wolf Brother, by Michelle Paver
5. The Invisible Man, by HG. Wells
Top 5 MUST HAVE OMG:
Oh boy. I don't follow the upcoming releases quite as much as I should, so my dates may be off, but here's what I'm dying to read.
1. The Warlock. Duh.
2. The next Septimus Heap book, whatever/whenever it may be.
3. Angel, by James Patterson
4. The next Chronicles of Ancient Darkness book
5. Anything new by Cornelia Funke
That was... almost distressingly hard. ^^ I think there should be a category for the top five books that whacked you in the face, either from awesomeness or thought-provoking-ness or anything else.