Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 11 10 6:07 AM

ok so my brother has to look up egyption mythology for his Destination Imagination stuff and he is something that stood out to me in his notes...

Ancient Egyptian mythology states that in the beginning of time everything began with Nu. Nu is the description of what the planet was before land appeared. Nu was a vast area of swirling watery chaos and as the floods receded the land appeared. The first god to appear out of this watery mess was Atum.

Atum is known also as Khepri, the great scarab beetle, Ra-Harakhte, the winged-solar disk, Ra, the midday sun, Aten, the solar-disk, or Horus on the Horizon. By whatever name you call him Atum, is the one and only creator in the universe.

One of the most famous Egyptian myths is the myth of Osiris. Osiris has been credited with many different titles, god of fertility, king of the dead, god of agriculture, and god of the underworld, controller of the Nile floods, and the rising and setting of the sun. All of these titles have one thing in common: life, death, and rebirth because the myth of Osiris is attributed to his life, murder, and eternal life after death.

i hope this gives some help i havent had much time to really think about it just saw a few names that have been suggested and thought maybe some connections could be made for the cover

Aura Color: Lime Green
Aura Scent: Basil
Magics Known: Earth
Titles: Warlock, Necromancer

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 11 10 6:21 PM

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but that blue ring around the center is divided into twelve segments. Kinda like a clock. The twelve is below the "S" in "Nicholas", the six is the scarab beetle.
I have no idea what it possibly means, though.

Aura colour:Purple
Aura Scent:Wet Cork Oak Leaves

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Dec 12 10 6:30 PM

Well, we know one thing..its going to be Egyptian this year. And or another, Mars is represented - im sure all of you have said this, but i didnt read all of your inputs, sorry, but - So of course, we've known hes going to be a part of this. Then theres the Hooked Handed Man. Maybe he will be revealing himself. and then a Pharoh im guessing is in the bottom right. Again, Egypt, but who is is? Maybe another Immortal, or Elder. Maybe even a Great Elder.....or did they all die off? i cant remember. Now the last piece. The two pages of the Codex on the top right. Josh will give the pages to Dee and the fight will really begin. I can not wait for this book to come out!! Three more months, if im correct?

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#44 [url]

Dec 12 10 8:01 PM

if i remember correctly, Mr. Scott isn't going to tell us who Marethyu is until book 6

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 12 10 8:57 PM

12 was the number of the ancient babylonians... they really liked it. I think they worked on a base 60 number system... or was it base 6? One of the two. Thats the reason there are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in day, etc. Their solar year was actually 360 days long... we just changed it to add 5-6 days, depending on the year. Not counting leap seconds, of course.

EDIT: I hate it when my post ends up starting the new page flamelssecret/badmood.gif

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#46 [url]

Dec 12 10 9:06 PM

nice... anyway yes the Babylonians had their system on 60. Our clock is a prime example of ancient Babylonian influence.

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Dec 12 10 9:18 PM

QUOTE (PakitoLestrange @ December 12, 2010 06:30 pm)
Well, we know one thing..its going to be Egyptian this year. And or another, Mars is represented - im sure all of you have said this, but i didnt read all of your inputs, sorry, but - So of course, we've known hes going to be a part of this. Then theres the Hooked Handed Man. Maybe he will be revealing himself. and then a Pharoh im guessing is in the bottom right. Again, Egypt, but who is is? Maybe another Immortal, or Elder. Maybe even a Great Elder.....or did they all die off? i cant remember. Now the last piece. The two pages of the Codex on the top right. Josh will give the pages to Dee and the fight will really begin. I can not wait for this book to come out!! Three more months, if im correct?

I thought we still had like 5 months to go... flamelssecret/crying.gif

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#48 [url]

Dec 12 10 9:30 PM

QUOTE (JuLiSsA2 @ December 12, 2010 10:18 pm)
QUOTE (PakitoLestrange @ December 12, 2010 06:30 pm)

I thought we still had like 5 months to go... flamelssecret/crying.gif

Yes, Julissa 5 months to go is right. The Warlock is due for release on May 24th 2011 in the USA.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Dec 13 10 10:04 AM

OK, now, when i saw the cover for the first time, my first instinct reaction was regarding the picture in the top left corner : the helmet, as you guys calling it....but, my first thought on it was that it is regarding the Man in the Iron Mask....interesting and curious history he has got....perfect ingredients for Mr Scott to get him into the stories....his history is too vague to mould it into anything one likes....so i would think that the helmet represents the Man in the Iron Mask, a.k.a. Eustache Dauger. What say guys?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Dec 13 10 10:25 AM

QUOTE (baksh mohindra @ December 13, 2010 10:04 am)
OK, now, when i saw the cover for the first time, my first instinct reaction was regarding the picture in the top left corner : the helmet, as you guys calling it....but, my first thought on it was that it is regarding the Man in the Iron Mask....interesting and curious history he has got....perfect ingredients for Mr Scott to get him into the stories....his history is too vague to mould it into anything one likes....so i would think that the helmet represents the Man in the Iron Mask, a.k.a. Eustache Dauger. What say guys?

That's a fine point. After all, the story of The Man in the Iron Mask is based on a true story..
If ever the Man in the Iron Mask will be a character in the series, he will probably be an immortal humani..
And now I remember.. Cardinal Richelieu has been mentioned in the books.. And the musketeers..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#52 [url]

Dec 13 10 1:42 PM

QUOTE (baksh mohindra @ December 13, 2010 04:04 am)

I think that's an interesting thought, however for me the image looks more like a helmet that a full on locked mask. but that would be an interesting addition, i definitely enjoy that back story and musketeers.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Dec 13 10 7:15 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 12, 2010 09:30 pm)
Yes, Julissa  5 months to go is right.  The Warlock is due for release on May 24th 2011 in the USA.

Aww 5 months??that means i have to wait double the time, so 10 months for me??!!! flamelssecret/crying.gif

Aura color:Light Limegreen
Aura scent:Fried Chicken
Gifts:Foresight

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Dec 14 10 4:07 PM

Sorry, i had March on my brain at that moment....oh well, five months it is :/ hahaha, i can still wait..im guessing.

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Dec 14 10 11:32 PM

Well, I think that the helmet could be Hades Helm of Darkness and that Hades/Pluto ( Roman equivalent) might make an appearance. The two pages, kinda obvious as they are the two Codex pages that Josh has. The Egyptian headdress could be either Tut, Cleopatra or Aten. The hook could symbolize Hook Handed Guy ( The Grim Reaper ?). In the middle there is the Labyrinth, which could mean that Minos or the Minotaur might make an appearance. The scarab beetle and the wings are defiantly Egyptian; The wings could be the wings of Isis , who makes an appearance in the very first chapter of the book and the scarab could be the beetle that Scatty gave to Tut. The lightning could mean that Josh will learn air magic from Zeus ( an elder? ).

Aura : Blue
Scent : Rain when it hits hot ground.
Element : Water

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Dec 15 10 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ December 13, 2010 10:25 am)
QUOTE (baksh mohindra @ December 13, 2010 10:04 am)

That's a fine point. After all, the story of The Man in the Iron Mask is based on a true story..
If ever the Man in the Iron Mask will be a character in the series, he will probably be an immortal humani..
And now I remember.. Cardinal Richelieu has been mentioned in the books.. And the musketeers..

Exactly Nurmengard, thats the point...we've seen the Cardinal and his musketeers, so maybe now The Man in the Iron Mask makes an appearance? I agree he would be an immortal humani, but the real question is that if he does make an appearance, on whose side would it be? Plus it would be interesting to see how he would be introduced, if at all, into the stories!!

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Dec 16 10 7:03 PM

Now, I don't know why but in the bottom left, that seems to me less like a hook and more like a crescent moon?

Here's a bit I found about the myth of Isis and Osiris

In late Egyptian thought, the righteous dead were sometimes said to become the stars, and thus the moon was occasionally seen as having a connection to Osiris, lord of the dead As a death and resurrection legend, in which evil seeks to destroy a deity, thus bringing darkness, it thus developed an association with the lunar cycle, in which the moon appears to be destroyed by darkness, and is then brought back to life.

What do you guys think?

user posted image
"After all this time?" Always...
Aura: Dark Purple & Dark Green...... Scent: Cave Mud...... Element:Fire

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Dec 16 10 9:27 PM

QUOTE (phoenix11 @ December 16, 2010 07:03 pm)
In late Egyptian thought, the righteous dead were sometimes said to become the stars, and thus the moon was occasionally seen as having a connection to Osiris, lord of the dead As a death and resurrection legend, in which evil seeks to destroy a deity, thus bringing darkness, it thus developed an association with the lunar cycle, in which the moon appears to be destroyed by darkness, and is then brought back to life.

What do you guys think?

If Isis and Osiris are the original twins, is it possible for Osiris to have the silver aura and for Isis to have the gold one?

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help