Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Dec 2 10 9:44 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 01, 2010 07:30 am)
A maze from another perspective can represent a journey. The paths around the outside are longer, so take more time to navigate, as you near the centre the twists and turns are more tightly placed together so the time to walk them passes faster.

It could represent the playing field for the overall story arc..if you imagine all the major characters as being placed in the maze... they all have the same goal, to reach the centre (the Codex before Litha). At the beginning they could take their time and plot their path and moves carefully, but as they get deeper into the maze and the time begins to run out, they make turns more hurriedly and hit many dead ends so they become more desperate as they all rush towards the same destination.

I really like that interpretation! I've never considered it that way, and it really makes sense. But I still hope some sort of awesome labyrinth shows up.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Dec 4 10 1:25 AM

On the bottom left where the hook symbol is....the spirals surrounding it are from the Pictish swirl script. They represent the letter S. I am trying to find some information on The Pictish people but there isn't much. The script is very ancient.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Dec 5 10 5:53 AM

The labyrinth at the center resembles the labyrinth on the cover of Kate Mosse's Labyrinth. In her book, the labyrinth is the symbol for the quest for a valuable treasure.
The labyrinth is commonly used as a symbol for a quest and I'm thinking that maybe it goes the same in The Warlock.
Just my guess, though.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Dec 5 10 5:48 PM

For the labyrinth...anybody else think of the Minotaur who was trapped inside a labyrinth by King Minos?

...I think it would be pretty neat if the Minotaur/Minos showed up to confuzzle things.

Aura Color: Ash-grey
Aura Scent: Ocean Breeze

Beware the monsters when you fight, lest you become one yourself.

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#25 [url]

Dec 5 10 5:53 PM

Yeah, Minos must've had golden aura so it would really mix the things up.

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#27 [url]

Dec 5 10 10:10 PM

josh was major in the Necromancer (given to the fact the book is named after him) perhaps Tut will make an appearance. Also King Midas could have a gold aura he had the Golden Touch, a gift from Dionysus for saving some satyrs. according to Rick Riordan

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 5 10 11:37 PM

Ya in the necromancer Josh though of king midus and his aura after josh turned the walking stick to gold

Aura Color: Lime Green
Aura Scent: Basil
Magics Known: Earth
Titles: Warlock, Necromancer

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Dec 6 10 12:58 AM

QUOTE (ajzennaman @ November 29, 2010 04:28 pm)
A few things:

Upper Left: Looks like a helmet. Probably something to do with Mars, but I can't be sure.

Upper Right: I think these are the two pages of the Codex Josh has right now. As some people said there are lines coming from it that could be rays of power or light. At first I thought that those lines were meant To Represent The Two Sides (Nicholas's and Dee's) struggle to gain control over them.

Lower Left: To me it looks like Marethyu's hook, and I think that the two spirals on either side of it represent the equinoxes.

Lower Right: I don't really think it is actually part of a sarcophagus, but that it was put there just to represent pharaoh's in genreal. Maybe Tutankhamun, Akhenaten/Aten or someone along those lines will appear.

As for the center symbol there is a six-pointed star, or the Alchemical Seal of Solomon. This star was one of the most powerful magical symbols of all time. It combines the Alchemical symbols for fire and water. As the water descends and the Fire Ascends air and earth are created. This seal represents the union of the four elements and the quest for the philosopher's stone.

Also, with the lighting I noticed that on one side the lightning makes the border brighter and even looks a little brighter itself, but on the other it doesn't.
I haven't looked into the bottom Scarab or the rest of the center symbol, but to me the cover looks Egypyian maybe ith some Native American thrown in there.

That's about all I got out of it so far, but I'll keep looking.

Wow...you're smart , yo...I agree, too flamelssecret/love0030.gif

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 6 10 3:03 AM

QUOTE (Phoenix-Rising @ December 05, 2010 10:10 pm)
Perhaps Tut will make an appearance.

It wouldn't be as realistic if Joan and Tut were still alive.

If both were dead, no one would have thought anything of it. (Before the Magician, that is)
Joan is alive, and that's great.
But if both are alive I think that's a little too unbeleivable.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#31 [url]

Dec 6 10 1:48 PM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ December 05, 2010 09:03 pm)
QUOTE (Phoenix-Rising @ December 05, 2010 10:10 pm)
Perhaps Tut will make an appearance.

It wouldn't be as realistic if Joan and Tut were still alive.

If both were dead, no one would have thought anything of it. (Before the Magician, that is)
Joan is alive, and that's great.
But if both are alive I think that's a little too unbeleivable.

Although I dont think its completely out of the question I tend to agree. That said I think that in some way or another based on what we see on the cover and the heavy Egyptian influence I think we will get a lot more information on Tut in the warlock. It could be anything from via flashback, to another characters story, or actually seeing him on danu talis. But I think we will hear about him.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Dec 6 10 5:26 PM

I agree with Spacecadet on this. King Tut will at least be heard from seeming he has a golden aura. Aten his father will probably make an appearance too since he was brought up in the fourth book.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Dec 7 10 7:50 PM

QUOTE (qwertyupp @ December 07, 2010 07:38 pm)
What if a necromancer brings Tut back to life?

I'm surprised no one thought of that before now!

EDIT: I think the symbol in the bottom right corner is actually the Sphinx (maybe they go to Egypt? flamelssecret/idk.gif ), because Tut's mask is a lot more rounded and chubby looking.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 7 10 9:20 PM

I hope King Tut comes back! Maybe his dad Aten is a necromancer and he will bring him back. I hope there is a lot of fighting in the Warlock.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Dec 8 10 9:02 AM

After reading The Alchemyst for the first time, I could have sworn that Joan of Arc and Tutankhamun is dead already. Then after reading The Magician, I was surprised to learn that Joan didn't die after all. After reading four books of the series, somehow it's easy to think that Tutankhamun is really dead. But thinking it through, if the future books revealed that Tutankhamun didn't die after all, it wouldn't be much surprising; for me, at least.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#37 [url]

Dec 8 10 9:27 PM

perhaps he won't be alive, but as spacey said he could have been alive in the past, like sophie could have flashbacks or joan and scatty will beet him in the battle of danu talis

brillient idea...
joan is silver, tut is gold, what if tut is on danu talis, and what if its Joan and Tut as the FIRST twins

oops i spelled brilliant wrong

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Dec 9 10 2:29 AM

THAT IS THE MOST AWESOME THING IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!! flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/hyper_.gif flamelssecret/hyper_.gif okay i have theories. the hook is marethyu's hook. the egyptian face refers to the two mysterious characters we breifly met in the sneak peek. the pages are the ones from the codex that josh posseses. and i don't know about the helmet but it might be mar's.
I might point out that joan and tut aren't twins. marethyu said he was taking joan and the gang to HELP the original twins. not that joan had tyo go back to be one of the twins.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Dec 11 10 1:07 AM

This topic is funny with all the funny theries. Mine are Murthuey`s or whatevers his name is hook, Codex page`s, Isis and Oriris faces`, and Mars Ultor`s helmet. flamelssecret/forum trolls.gif

(pardon the spelling please)

War is nothing Death is weak but together their effects are strong Aura is all
Aura Color: Pure Emerald
Aura Sent: Lemons

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help