Remove this ad

#261 [url]

Apr 26 11 9:32 PM

Very good points, Thalion! I just don't know if the helmet symbolizes Mars, since there's already been something that's done that.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Thalion

Sorcerer

#262 [url]

Apr 27 11 12:21 PM

Thank you! flamelssecret/bow.gif My other guess would be Athena, but her helmet is more of Athenian style (very suprising, right?)... And I can't think of others, really, unless we get a Spartan warrior (Leonidas) or a Greek hero (Jason, Heracles, Achilles, Ulysses...).

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#263 [url]

Apr 27 11 2:09 PM

Keep in mind that Mars is also Ares the Greek god of war, so a Spartan (Greek) war helmet could still easily represent him.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#264 [url]

Apr 27 11 2:43 PM

Yup, I said it just above.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#265 [url]

Apr 27 11 6:16 PM

Oh... I've stumbled upon something... In Awakenings Episode 4 (1:03:25) Michael said that the image on the bottom right hand corner of the books represents a new character... So it follows that image of the Egyptian pharaoh is a new character!

If Akhenaten and Tutankhamun appeared in book 5, can we consider them as new characters?
Marethyu (the right hand corner image of book 4), for instance were mentioned in the early books as the hook-handed man. But he was considered a new character nevertheless because he got featured on the right hand corner image of the 4th book.

Sure, Aten and Tut were mentioned in previous books but they didn't made an appearance, really. But we heard Aten talking in Book 2... flamelssecret/idk.gif

Perhaps the image on the right hand corner of Book 5 will be an entirely different character we've never heard of before from the books...

Have anyone else notice this already? flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#266 [url]

Apr 29 11 9:40 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ April 27, 2011 06:16 pm)
Oh... I've stumbled upon something... In Awakenings Episode 4 (1:03:25) Michael said that the image on the bottom right hand corner of the books represents a new character... So it follows that image of the Egyptian pharaoh is a new character!

If Akhenaten and Tutankhamun appeared in book 5, can we consider them as new characters?
Marethyu (the right hand corner image of book 4), for instance were mentioned in the early books as the hook-handed man. But he was considered a new character nevertheless because he got featured on the right hand corner image of the 4th book.

Sure, Aten and Tut were mentioned in previous books but they didn't made an appearance, really. But we heard Aten talking in Book 2... flamelssecret/idk.gif

Perhaps the image on the right hand corner of Book 5 will be an entirely different character we've never heard of before from the books...

Have anyone else notice this already? flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

I think that really depends how you interpret it. Tut - to me represents the lower right corner image - and Aten appearing in The Warlock will be new characters because it will the first time we'll be meeting them. We've only heard of the from previous book but we don't know how they look like and how they act or their personality. Just like we only knew Marethyu as The Hook Handed Man before The Necromancer.

Also, Tutankhamun would be the most logical choice for said image since some of the clues point toward the Boy King - Gold, scarab and the Pharaoh's mask/head.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#267 [url]

Apr 30 11 12:27 AM

We have heard of aten(from the necromancer). But i have a question: didn't someone(flamel or scatty?) say that King Tut and Joan of Arc had died(Cause: related to their silver/gold auras). Since Joan of Arc did not die, am i safe to assume that (by transitive property) Tut is with us too?

edit: this has probably been mentioned already, but the center thingy is hexagonal instead of circular, which is a change.

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#268 [url]

Apr 30 11 4:08 PM

QUOTE (Phoenix-Rising @ April 29, 2011 06:27 pm)
We have heard of aten(from the necromancer). But i have a question: didn't someone(flamel or scatty?) say that King Tut and Joan of Arc had died(Cause: related to their silver/gold auras). Since Joan of Arc did not die, am i safe to assume that (by transitive property) Tut is with us too?

edit: this has probably been mentioned already, but the center thingy is hexagonal instead of circular, which is a change.

Josh noted that both joan and tut died young when scatty mentioned their aura colors, but i dont believe it was ever confirmed that tut was in fact dead. There is a memory from perenelle in the sorceress when she looks at her scarab pin,
QUOTE (The Sorceress)
Behind the gauze web, Perenelle smiled. For her five hundredth birthday on the thirteenth of October in 1820, Scathach had presented her with a spectacular pendant, a single piece of jade carved into the shape of a scarab beetle.
More than three thousand years previously, the Shadow had brought it back from Japan for the boy king Tutankhamen, but he’d died a day after she’d presented it to him. Scathach had despised Tutankhamen’s wife, Ankhesenamen, and hadn’t wanted her to have it, so she’d broken in to the royal palace late one night just before the boy king was embalmed and
taken it back. When Scathach had given her the jade, Perenelle had joked, “You’re giving me a dung beetle.”

So although its possible there was some misinformation there and tut could make an appearance if he does i dont think itll be in the current time period, but he may appear in the past. So its possible the symbol on the cover relates to tut but i think its more related to aten his father.

Quote    Reply   

#269 [url]

Apr 30 11 4:23 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ April 30, 2011 09:08 am)
So although its possible there was some misinformation there and tut could make an appearance if he does i dont think itll be in the current time period, but he may appear in the past. So its possible the symbol on the cover relates to tut but i think its more related to aten his father.

If it relates more to Akhenaten, I wonder what contact he will have with it. Maybe he sees it and wants it back? If it doesn't relate to Akhenaten, I think it's kind of like what happened with the crystal skull on the last cover. It made a very prominent appearance and did something very important in the book.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#270 [url]

May 3 11 2:07 PM

I have been studying Chakra meditaion lately...I have a point, promise, I came across something that made me think of the lightning on the cover.

The Muladhara Chakra(aka the root chakra)has everything to do with being rooted or grounded to the Earth. My book describes the root chakra's energy working like a lightning rod, it releases energy downward while at the same time drawing energy upward from the earth. In the Tibetian tradition, a vajra(means thunderbolt) is a metal object held in the hand during meditation. It is used to ground the energy of your root chakra just like a lightning rod. Perhaps this is tthe purpose of Niten's swords.

So far we know 2 people who studied in Tibet: Germaine and Niten. To me, Niten seems pretty grounded and calm, very loyal too. For the above reasons, my guess is that Niten will teach Sophie Earth magic or at least direct her to the person who can.

EDIT: On another note...the scarab beetle links into the circle above it. It reminds me of a Torc necklace.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#271 [url]

May 13 11 11:13 AM

hope you can refresh my memory on who and from what Torc clan is the one wearing the scarab necklace? i can't quite remember

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#272 [url]

May 13 11 6:32 PM

I'm not sure, but I think there was something about Scaty giving it to Tut or Tut giving it to Scaty. Don't remember anything about Torc clans here.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#273 [url]

May 13 11 6:40 PM

Scatty gave the scarab beetle to Tut, but after the young pharaoh's death she took it back because she despised Tut's wife and didn't want her to have it. But I believe it's kind of flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif here.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#274 [url]

May 13 11 9:07 PM

QUOTE (eabrea @ May 13, 2011 11:13 am)
hope you can refresh my memory on who and from what Torc clan is the one wearing the scarab necklace? i can't quite remember

I just mean it resembles a torc necklace. The design, not the beetle.

Quote    Reply   

#276 [url]

Jul 19 11 2:57 AM

Wait... So we can talk about stuff in the warlock!....If we cant, Im sorry for breaking the rules.... SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Iris and Osiris are the twins mom and dad, then how did tsagalala watch over generations of the twins family..... Or maybe Iris and Osiris arent their birth parents, but they raised them? But why wouldnt they raise them to be evil-ish since their dark elders..... Im Soooooooooooooooo Confused, that ending just left a huge gap...... Does someone else have diffirent theories?

Please do not use text talk, it can be confusing for members to understand what your are saying. Also please do not include excessive characters such as long lines of dashes, it takes up a lot of unnecessary board space and can make posts difficult to read. Thanks ~SC

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#277 [url]

Jul 19 11 11:43 AM

I can see you're new, so flamelssecret/welcome smiley.gif to the forums. Just an FYI, you're not supposed to use text talk, and if you're intrestered in talking about Isis and Osiris and the Twins, there's separate threads for them. Once again, flamelssecret/welcome smiley.gif .

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#278 [url]

Jul 19 11 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Montana @ July 18, 2011 08:57 pm)
Wait... So we can talk about stuff in the warlock!....If we cant, Im sorry for breaking the rules.... SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Iris and Osiris are the twins mom and dad, then how did tsagalala watch over generations of the twins family..... Or maybe Iris and Osiris arent their birth parents, but they raised them? But why wouldnt they raise them to be evil-ish since their dark elders..... Im Soooooooooooooooo Confused, that ending just left a huge gap...... Does someone else have diffirent theories?

Please do not use text talk, it can be confusing for members to understand what your are saying.  Also please do not include excessive characters such as long lines of dashes, it takes up a lot of unnecessary board space and can make posts difficult to read.  Thanks ~SC

Yes discussion of the warlock is allowed in most threads on the forum, but Isis and Osiris off topic flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif from the warlock cover, so please continue discussion on that in this thread, and take any discussions of Isis and Osiris to their thread in the characters section. flamelssecret/rulez.gif Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#279 [url]

Oct 24 11 2:52 AM

Guys, has anyone bothered to search for the two symbols on each side of the Jade Bettle on the bottom down of the Cover? I think this is interesting, on the left side was an ankh, a symbol of life, death, and rebirth, and on the right is the Eye of Horus, symbolizing healing and protection...

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#280 [url]

Oct 24 11 1:23 PM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 24, 2011 10:52 am)
Guys, has anyone bothered to search for the two symbols on each side of the Jade Bettle on the bottom down of the Cover? I think this is interesting, on the left side was an ankh, a symbol of life, death, and rebirth, and on the right is the Eye of Horus, symbolizing healing and protection...

There are great discussions about the cover of The Warlock on Awakenings Episode 24 1/3.

The ankh and the Eye of Horus are discussed in detail there.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help